00 civic B18B turbo swap - no crank but fuel pump primes

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2016, 05:30 PM
Trial User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 00 civic B18B turbo swap - no crank but fuel pump primes

Hello Everyone,
Long time follower, first time posting,

Anyways, I acquired my 2000 civic coupe with a b18b through a trade a couple years ago. Of course the guy tells me it doesn't leak or burn oil, but the whole bottom side is sprayed with oil. I personally fell in love with the car because it was just painted white (Taffetta?). I was sold! Upon getting the vehicle home, I come out the next morning to find that 3 of the 4 tires are flat (they were extremely bald) and I knew I to find my oil leak, I decided to just make it my new project.

Winter comes in Wisconsin and its time to get started. I pull the motor and the car is coming apart like it was brand new. The guy claimed the car has never been through a winter and I started believing it more when I stripped the car down the its nasty, dirty white body. I continued to drop the sub frame out and take it in to my work, I powder coat paint Slapped a new manual steering rack in, and replaced every component in front. Also painted everything Por15. Had to wait till spring to paint the engine bay after hours of body work in there too. I opted to ditch the all lite gray interior for the darker and also washed everything out. The inside of the was just very filthy.

Stripped the motor down to the block and replaced the head gasket and all the other goodies as well. Found my oil leak, the little o-ring on the back side of the oil pump was split so they just put a whole tube of silicone on the oil pump to try and stop it. Kept it pretty simple with the motor and put some ARP head studs, Skunk2 intake manifold, 66mm Skunk2 throttle body. I was also told it had an LSD in it too but how can you believe that, but come to find out when I split the motor and tranny, I could see all the way through. Saved up some money and figured with the LSD and the other upgrades, might as well boost it. I have never built my own turbo setup. What was I getting myself into?

Long story short, I have completed the turbo setup. Lots of trial and error and figuring stuff out by yourself. I don't know to many Honda guys in my area so I'm just the lone wolf. Now I'm making this a long story, back to the car. When I did all the body work in the engine bay, I moved the battery to the trunk and moved the fuse panel under the dash. I ran 2 gauge battery cable from the new optima to my starter and the fuse panel and a 4 gauge ground mounted in the trunk.

The day finally comes that I turn the key to start the car for the first time in almost 2 years. Heart starts beating alittle faster, I turn the key and I hear the fuel pump prime, all my lights are working, new gauges wired in and lighting up. Push the clutch in and turn the key and there is nothing. I hear some kind of click on my passanger side but I can't determine if its my fuse panel from under the hood or my main relay. I tried changing the relay with another one and still have no response. I can jump my starter solenoid (new starter too), but it seems like I'm not getting a signal from my key.

I've been driving Hondas since I got my license and this isn't my first build, but I thought pulling out a motor, making it look pretty and putting it back in would be easy. I did not mess with anything ignition related. My rant almost turned into build thread if I had pictures but I'm on a new lap top and don't have any pictures on here. Probably could have explained this without the whole drawn out story but I didn't want to leave any build details out. I have run out of ideas and I honestly feel like its something simple and I'm just a big idiot but I finally gave in to ask the community.

Any help or ideas would be appreciated. Like I said, I have power to my accessories and my fuel pump primes but when I turn the key, I hear a small click on the passenger side of the dashboard. Insults, thread jackers, and other sorts of folk who like to display there internet forum dominance is not needed here, I wouldn't have typed all this for nothing, please help
Old 05-26-2016, 06:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 44 Likes on 22 Posts
Default re: 00 civic B18B turbo swap - no crank but fuel pump primes

Check the starter switch and the rubber stopper that presses on it at the top of the clutch pedal. If that looks fine, check whether battery voltage reaches the starter solenoid with the key in ON(III).

What ECU?
Old 05-26-2016, 07:43 PM
fcm
Old Fart

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Re: 00 civic B18B turbo swap - no crank but fuel pump primes

https://honda-tech.com/tech-misc-15/...mp%5D-2961164/ 94