Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

[need help] Headlights aiming gone wrong!

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2006, 01:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default [need help] Headlights aiming gone wrong!

96 civic coupe i bought the car stock, i noticed the headlights were splattered all around my garage door, which i tried to adjust the aim, nothin seems the changed, it would go up and down but the spread of it doesnt change.... i put HID and still the same, as far as the aim

here's my pic.... (my car) its all f'd up... how can i fix this?

and here's what it should be.... (not my car)
Old 09-22-2006, 01:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: [need help] Headlights aiming gone wrong! (Hiroshima_VTi-S)

I've never had problems this bad with my headlights its always been a quick adjustment and I'm off... thats weird...

Could it be crap on the plastic of the headlight itself... like the outside?
Old 09-22-2006, 04:24 PM
Darth ModerVader

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: [need help] Headlights aiming gone wrong! (Hiroshima_VTi-S)

First, the HID kit is definitely not going to help your situation. It looks like what you're concerned about is glare being produced by your headlamps. The Civic headlamps are not particularly good to begin with, and dropping an HID kit into the stock housings is only going to exaggerate the stray light, because the halogen reflectors are unable to properly control the increased amount of light generated by the HID capsules. Some amount of glare is actually designed into DOT-legal headlamps, mainly with the intention of helping to illuminate reflective roadside and overhead signs. The photo you're comparing yours to does not appear to be a Civic, and in fact looks to have a more controlled beam pattern similar to an ECE or "E-code" beam, which has a much sharper and controlled cutoff with less glare. It looks to be a factory HID equipped vehicle, which has housings that provide better light control necessitated by the greater light output of the HID system.

I went back and realized that you were looking for some suggestions. First, remove the HID kit and replace it with some high quality halogen H4 bulbs, such as the Philips Vision Plus. Next, if your headlamp lenses are faded, hazy or scratched, you could try to clean ond polish them to ensure that you get the best performance with the least amount of glare. There are various kits available to do this, and different individuals have used different products with good results. You can find a few how-to threads here on H-T if you search for bit.