http://www.heeltoeauto.com/

Difficulty: Easy
Time: 30-45 minutes
Applications:

* 96-00 Civic EK/EJ8 ALL
* 94-01 Integra DC2 ALL
* 92-95 Civic EG6/EH/EJ1 ALL
* DA's get no love!

Effective car security comes in layers. One of the best things you can do is physically prevent a thief from getting inside.

Look around at all the Hondas/Acuras with pry marks around the door handle. The silent crook is the worst kind. They've learned from their previous two strikes that driving around at night with a smashed window is a red flag for the cops. If they can't get in quickly and quietly, they'll move on to another target.

"What if I lock my keys in the car?" AAA Roadside Assistants carry this device that is inserted in the door frame, pumped up to make a gap, and then a long reaching tool is used to grab the door lock at the inside door handle. This is not something a thief can carry around or use w/out being noticed. And in my experience, this is a difficult and time consuming method of unlocking a door on an EG. You could also call a locksmith and have a key made on the spot. Basically this device doesn't affect the outcome. My advice is to make copies of your keys and give them to your spouse, best friend, and sibling. This is something you should do regardless.

Removing Door Panel

Remove the center plastic screw and then pop out the base. Many times the center screw just spins endlessly so you may have to put pressure on it while unscrewing using a pick.

Pull the door handle trim towards the rear of the vehicle and then rotate it out.

There are special window crank removal tools but I just use a pick. Look for the metal loop inside and pull it out. Then the handle will slide right off.

You have to be extremely careful not to break the brittle plastic underneath. Flex the panel out slightly and look for the pops. You want to pry right at the pops.

Installing Jimmi Jammer

This would have been a little easier if I did it before I installed the actuators.

Stick a flat blade screwdriver in the gap in the c-clip and rotate it. Then use a magnet reaching tool as you remove it so you don't drop it. Now you can pop the pawl off the key cylinder.

Remove the two 10mm bolts but don't remove the handle.

Hang the plate around the key cylinder and pull the pawl and lock rod out from behind it.

Install the oem 10mm bolt in this location.

Put the c-clip in place and then push it in with the screwdriver.

Use the supplied bolt, washer, and lock washer in the other position. Test the key cylinder. Repeat for the other side. That's it! They should make something similar for the hood latch.
Old 10-11-2007, 11:13 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Very awesome, although I'm glad I didn.t have thi on last Friday when I locked my keys inside
Old 10-11-2007, 11:24 AM
Honda-Tech Member

wow didnt even know they made a thing like this
Old 10-11-2007, 11:41 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (The Lobster)

good **** do you have a thread in the audio/security forum?
Old 10-11-2007, 11:48 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (.:Swig:.)

Call me noob but I still dont understand how this device works.
Old 10-11-2007, 12:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: (PrimeElement)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by PrimeElement &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Call me noob but I still dont understand how this device works.</TD></TR></TABLE>
Most jimmy tools are flat pieces of metal with a cutout on it to catch the arm. By making the arm & space below the arm effectively at the same height, the difficulty of catching the arm is increased.

Is it foolproof? No. If they're dedicated they could snake around there long enough and catch the joint where the arm & rod meet, which obviously protrudes out past the plane where the shield/arm sits. But the likelihood is they'll try for a couple minutes then run off before they're spotted.
Old 10-11-2007, 12:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (MonkeyBoy668)

saved to my notepad

Thanks suspendedhatch
Old 10-11-2007, 01:34 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by MonkeyBoy668 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
Is it foolproof? No. If they're dedicated they could snake around there long enough and catch the joint where the arm & rod meet, which obviously protrudes out past the plane where the shield/arm sits. But the likelihood is they'll try for a couple minutes then run off before they're spotted.</TD></TR></TABLE>

True, Everything has a way around. But If you make them have to work for it they won't be as interested.
Old 10-11-2007, 03:28 PM
New User

I Think I Need One Of Those... Looks Easy Enough And Saves A Big Investment
Old 10-11-2007, 03:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (JuS JAi Bee)

when i bought my 90 crx it was a theft recovery and there was no keys (door lock or ignition) i had to use a screw driver to start my car and i bought a slimjim to unlock the door. the first time i tried to get into the car with a slimjim took me about a min, after a few times it was faster then digging through my pocket and unlocking it with keys. i was suprised how easy it was to do.

i think i might do this on my crx next week.
great work, thanks
Old 10-11-2007, 03:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (.:Swig:.)

Nice!
Old 10-11-2007, 04:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Ugh, wish I had this before monday when my car got jacked...
Old 10-11-2007, 06:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (JuS JAi Bee)

good stuff, just hope they don't decide to just break a window....next how-to...bulletproof windows! haha
Old 10-11-2007, 07:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (forcefedferio)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by forcefedferio &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">good stuff, just hope they don't decide to just break a window....next how-to...bulletproof windows! haha </TD></TR></TABLE>
you can get 4mil security film to put on the windows
it's not bullet proof but works pretty damn good
you can even get it tinted.
http://www.concordwindowfilms.com/auto_1.html
Old 10-11-2007, 08:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

MonkeyBoy668 I'm not 100% on what you're describing but the glass (even when rolled up) actually blocks a slim jim from getting to the lock rod. There's a small gap near the b pillar but the rods travel up and down and they're difficult to get at. Pulling the handle rod doesn't do anything. I'll agree that it's not completely fool-proof but it does make it very difficult.

Basically someone can walk up to your door with a flat blade screwdriver, pry the handle up, and then pull the lock bar. The thing is that someone can do this in broad daylight and it just looks like they're opening the car with the keys! They can do it quickly and w/out much effort. The jimmi jammer forces them to spend some time and use more sophisticated tools; not something they'll get away with if they're spotted.

How many people have said that their car got stolen in broad daylight with no glass spilled? Now you know.
Old 10-11-2007, 08:36 PM

Default Re: (suspendedHatch)

You buy that plate somewhere?
Old 10-11-2007, 08:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (stock_honda_coupe)

What if the thieves had a master key?
Old 10-11-2007, 10:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (moneytwenty)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by moneytwenty &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">What if the thieves had a master key?</TD></TR></TABLE>then you had better hope you have layers of security. nice upgrade for cars like ours
Old 10-12-2007, 06:28 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (moneytwenty)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by moneytwenty &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">What if the thieves had a master key?</TD></TR></TABLE>

they shouldnt, unless its nicholas cage....... then your faaaaaked
Old 10-12-2007, 07:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Or you could jam a blood pressure sleeve in the window and pump it up - it'll force it away from the door - it's more than enough room to reach in there and hit the switch with a hook or something.
Old 10-12-2007, 08:03 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: [How-To] Install Heel Toe Jimmy Jammer (suspendedHatch)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by suspendedHatch &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">AAA Roadside Assistants carry this device that is inserted in the door frame, pumped up to make a gap, and then a long reaching tool is used to grab the door lock at the inside door handle. This is not something a thief can carry around or use w/out being noticed. And in my experience, this is a difficult and time consuming method of unlocking a door on an EG.</TD></TR></TABLE>
Old 10-12-2007, 08:23 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (excivicboy96)

Nice. I'll try this someday.
Old 10-12-2007, 09:29 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (h2392si)

Old 10-12-2007, 10:17 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (suspendedHatch)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by suspendedHatch &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">MonkeyBoy668 I'm not 100% on what you're describing but the glass (even when rolled up) actually blocks a slim jim from getting to the lock rod.</TD></TR></TABLE>
Well, I was trying to state that the thief may be able to catch one of the rods that protrude beyond the plane of the jimmi jammer & lock assembly. The only effective way to latch onto those with a jimmy tool is to catch them at the exact point where they connect with the lock. This is a much smaller target and is why I said they'll probably give up. And by probably I mean virtually all of the thieves who are using jimmy tools.

FWIW, I'd buy one, but they don't have an EG2 version listed. When I throw my car up on stands in a couple weeks, I might do some measuring and see if the EG6 version fits, or could fit with modification...
Old 10-12-2007, 10:26 AM
Honda-Tech Member

At the lock on the interior handle, or at the latch? The rods from the interior handle are blocked by glass all the way to within a few inches of the B pillar.

The have applications for all 92-00 Civics and all 94-00 Integras.

Quick Reply: [How-To] Install Heel Toe Jimmy Jammer