Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

[FAQ] What parts are interchangeable for all 92-00 Civics?

Old 04-04-2005, 04:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

it might lift it? ah thats not good. i was hoping it would leave me at almost a stock height. because once i get my rims on the car its almost no room between the wheel and the well. but the reason i have the springs is cuz i had them for my teggy but ti got wrecked and i herd springs were interchangable and i had quite posibly the worst luck trying to sell those springs so i figured just keep them instead of trying to get new ones and spend more money. u no? do u no for sure if its gona lift it? if so do u no how high?
Old 04-26-2005, 07:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (kaotic95civ05)

does anyone know whether...
- integra mid-pipes fit 96-00 civics? (my pipe just cracked and i need a solution soon. )
-99-00 si mid-pipes to 96-00 civics?
-96-00 hatch mid-pipe to 96-00 sedan?
Old 04-26-2005, 07:55 PM

Default Re: (spoon_ferio)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by spoon_ferio &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">-99-00 si mid-pipes to 96-00 civics?</TD></TR></TABLE>

yes (with exceptions see below) coupe and sedan exhausts are interchangeable with one another. hatche exhaust will NOT work on a coupe or sedan

seeing as they are made exactly the same except for the Y7 engine which the cat is directly on the header whereas the Y8 and Y5? are underneath the car after the header

Old 04-26-2005, 10:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default hmm, lemme think...

Ok, some thing I tried and used on my hatch (93 Si)
-Power Windows/Locks:
I've seen 2 ways of retroing this, one of my friends used complete EX doors and wired them up using a inline fuse/relay (thats another story). Doors bolted up though.
I've used the door actuators, and power window regulators, panels, etc... from an EX and wired them up the same way as my friend did, everything bolted up to my non-power doors though.

-Del sol Seats:
I had 3 different sets of these in my hatch, best way was to use the civic/integra seat rails on them (might have to space them out further 1-2 washers), hoever my new seats didn't have washers and I managed to get the holes to line up while sliding the seat front to back. Works fine and comfy.

-Tilt steering:
You'll need the whole steering column assembly, and the bracket under the dash (or maybe just the bracket, thinking about it now - I used the entire assembly on my friend's car to be on the safe side).

-Integra Seats in hatch. The rear uppers from a 94-01 coupe work, the bottoms fit, but you have a wierd gap in there (maybe not that noticable since I have the teg carpet, but too late now). The 4dr lower cusion fits tight but looks stock (hard part is finding a matching coupe upper and sedan lower rear seat). My older-OLDER teg rear seats kinda fit too (test-fit to play around, '1g teg).

-Armrest:
The integra one can fit, but it doesn't match the rest of the interior worth a damn, you need the shifter console and then the dash to get it to work. Better off getting one from a 92-95 civic sedan or order one off ebay, those work better and fit a hella better than the teg one).

-Rear wiper:
It can be retrofitted from a DX hatch to a CX, a lot of work routing the wiring. However only 2 wires need to be ran from the DX switch to the DX rear wiper harness.

-Integra Carpet:
I sold my carpet a lonnng time ago and now decided to get another one ($30 @ local junkyard), complete carpet from a 97 integra. It fits allright. when you throw the floormats and seats back in it looks perfectly stock. Minor cutting IS necessary, and you need to use the styrofoam by the front console from the teg and cut it. The plastic kickpanels (hood latch and ecu) fit fine, everything looks stock.

-Suspension Misc:
Swaybars can be retrofitted to a civic w/o front swap by using the LCA from the car with the sways (pertaining to 92-95 civics). Rears can be installed using teg rear lca's (or aftermarket lca's) and the endlinks and mounting brackets (22mm ITR rear sway needs a subframe reinforcement, beaks and bsq makes nice kits). Strut braces can be interchanged (the standard strut bolt types) from 88-00 civic/tegs. The gsr/del sol/99 Si style front bar can be retrofitted to 92-00 civics and 94-01 tegs by removing the caps (or drilling if necessary) and securing with nuts/bolts and washers. 94-01 tegs and del sols had a crossmember brace (subframe support) that can fit 92-95 civics (dunno about 96-00), didn't notice much but the car didn't really creak when on uneven roads. Steering racks on 92-95 civics can be swapped (just swapped in a non ps rack in my Si), just need to get the matching d-bracket and bushing. Dunno if integra steering racks fit. JDM RACKS DO NOT WORK ON USDM CARS (even if its off a TYPE-R), should be self-explanitory lol. Front struts can be interchanged on a 92-95 civc, 88-91 use ea smaller dia. strut, so you need their fork also. 96-00 don't have the brakeline holders on them. On the rears, they'll work UNLESS: you're using the 96-00 rears, they have a narrow opening (aftermarket LCA's might work, my rear LCA's are narrow and come with a spacer to use when using the wider rear strut). I believe the JDM ones mount like the ITR ones (need to verify), where the bushing is on the strut instead of the LCA and the strut sits in the LCA, the bolt goes through it (not sure, but someone double check incase).

-Brakes:
I used 95 integra front brakes, bolted up - old lines worked fine. Master cylinder to use with the stock civic booster would be the 91 civic EX sedan, can be ordered from local parts place. (Also remember reading about older prelude 91-era master cylinders being used in 4g civics, so that should work - need to look more into it)

-B-Series stuff:
Most b-series items are interchangable, but some items require you to use other things as a "set" of things. b16a and b17a engines have a shorter block height than other b-series (b16b, b18a/b/c, b20b/z), so when changing cranks/rods you have to stick with the same block-height (ie: you can't throw ls crank/rod set into a b16a, but you can throw it into a b16b civic type-R engine since it is the same block height as a b18). LS and CRV crank/rod specs are the same (IIRC), same with B18C1-C5 (same spec - measurement wise). B16B is an oddball since it is basically a destroked ITR engine. Pistons can be interchanged, AS LONG AS ITS THE SAME BORE (b20's use 84mm IIRC whereas the other guys used 81mm). On that note, blockguards can be interchanged also (as long as you follow the cylinder sleeve info above). B18C oilpans (gsr/itr) are the same, but cannot be used on another b-series because of the block girdle (hangs a tad lower) and a different pickup. B18C oilpumps are the same, obd2 ones are cheaper but require the use of a different plastic cover if using it on a obd1 engine because of the crank sensor. b-series waterpumps can be interchanged, if using a B18C waterpump on a non-vtec block you need the B18C timing belt (larger). If using a non-vtec waterpump you need a non-vtec timing belt. B16a/b17a use a smaller belt, so they're better off using their own pump. B-series distributors can be interchanged, non-vtec dizzy on a vtec engine needs a leg to be cut off, but it can work (don't remember about vice-versa). b16/b17/b18/b20 the dizzy can be swapped around, just make sure you replace with what you need (if you have a obd1 car, don't go get a obd0 dizzy because its cheap, or a obd2 dizzy if you don't know how to repin the plug). Axles really depend on your half-shaft, 90-93 half-shaft had male/female on it, and 94-01 has male/male on the half-shaft. B16/B17/B18C5 intake manifolds can be interchanged. B18C1-4 (euro had the other missing ones I think, I know we didn't), dual-stage manifold can be interchanged with, I dunno, a trash can. B18A/B + B20B/Z intake manifolds can be interchanged (dunno if anyone wants to try the crv giraffe intake manifold on their LS?), Exhaust manifolds can be swapped around, difference like mentioned before is the length, and also since b16a/b17's have a shorter block height they don't hang as low. The tranny's can be swapped around, clutches also - just have to match them up. 90-91 cable have a diff # of teeth than the 92-01 trannys (need someone to verify that one). So if you have a 90 cable tranny on ur block, you need the 90-91 clutch, vs the other ones. I don't know about the flywheels between cable and hydro, or starters for that matter (I usually deal with hydro trannys). Sidenote: when doing a swap, or intake manifold swap - try and get a throttle cable + bracket FOR the intake manifold, takes a lot of guesswork out of it (even though it looks like it might fit, better safe than sorry). Hope that helps, I'm tired, gonna gets some z's.

D-Series info: my d15b7 sucks, take a beating and keeps on ticking (quietly), survived over 1yr of abuse (and ECM experiments). Runs like a tough lil chiwawa.

ending note (finally):
some of this info may or maynot be correct, but it is correct as far as I know. Incase I'm wrong, somebody please correct the mistakes - I got out of work and I'mma get some sleep. I hope some people find some of this interchange info usefull, but on that note:

-l8r

Modified by Death Scythe at 3:17 AM 4/27/2005
Old 05-08-2005, 09:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (impound)

cool... I'm going to bolt on my stock 1996 integra RS exhuaust onto our rusted out 94 civic coupe tomorrow!~~~

AWESOME THREAD!
Old 05-11-2005, 08:01 AM

Default Re: (impound)

"All 92-00 sedan and coupe exhausts are interchangeable....the difference being where the cat is placed."

So just to be clear... does this mean that if I replace my stock LX header/cat/exhaust with aftermarket header/cat/exhaust for an EX it should bolt up OK?

From reading this thread it seems that the headers are interchangeable, just different... in the lx has the cat integrated with it... it seems to me that the b-pipe for the lx would be longer than the b-pipe for an ex, but switching out the integrated header/cat would solve that...?

Modified by 17secondLX at 6:23 AM 5/16/2005
Old 05-11-2005, 05:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

well... after failing to install the exhaust even with unlimited wd-40 and a 2 meter breaker bar, I just brought it to the exhaust shop and they torched the bolts off... all in all, the fitment is not perfect... the b-pipe is an inch shorter than what it needs to be, with the rear rubber hangers needing to be super stretched...

I had to go to NAPA to pick up some weird looking rubber bushing for the muffler to b-pipe flange hanger... I think the whole problem lies in differences of the catalytic converters~~~

The exhaust rattles a little bit, but other than that, it's pretty good
Old 06-22-2005, 10:03 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (Optiblue)

bump for an awesome thread.
Old 07-12-2005, 07:12 AM

Default Re: (kkim)

will an integra exhaust fit on a 99 civic coupe?

Great thread
Old 07-18-2005, 11:33 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (EKcoupe99)

are 96-98 and 99-00 d16y8 intake manifolds interchangeable?
Old 07-18-2005, 11:38 AM

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: (99hatchboy)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 99hatchboy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">are 96-98 and 99-00 d16y8 intake manifolds interchangeable?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Yes, only thing you will have to do to make it work 100% is plug up some vaccum holes on the 99-00 manifold. I can get a picture of them later, but other wise, yes they are interchangable.
Old 07-19-2005, 12:05 PM

bump for this guy!
Old 07-19-2005, 02:55 PM

Default Re: (Mr_WETTY)

bump
Old 07-20-2005, 11:44 AM

Default Re: 92-95 Hatch interior compatibility

Great thread!

I just purchased a 92 hatch, and the interior is all blue I want to swap it out w/ either black or grey interior. My question is, besides 92-95 hatches, what other cars' interior pieces are compatible? It looks like the only pieces that are interchangeable with a 92-95 hatch are from 92-95 Civics and Integras (not sure what years). But can I get a list of what items are compatible. Please list year and model. Thanks.

Also, what were the differences (besides color) in interior between the 92-95 hatches?

Any help is GREATLY appreciated! Thanks!!!
Old 07-25-2005, 09:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default EK Rear Drum to Disc Conversion

I am in the planning stages of converting my *STOCK* 1999 Civic EX Coupe's rear brakes from drums to discs (EK/D16Y8). This thread has been a great help, but has got me wondering...

(The following are interchangeable)
-Rear trailing arm with hub assembly for disk brakes (92-95 EX/SI, 96-00 DelSol Vtec, 96-00 EX, 99-00 Si, Integra 94-00)
-Upper control arm (92-95 EX/SI, 96-00 DelSol Vtec, 96-00 EX, 99-00 Si, Integra 94-00)
-Compensator arms at the front end of the trailing arm (92-95 EX/SI, 96-00 DelSol Vtec, 96-00 EX, 99-00 Si, Integra 94-00)

While my car's rear suspension elements are interchangeable with the above, would switching the rear trailing arm (to one that has the disc brake assembly) change the geometry much, if at all? How much of a concern, if at all, is any change in the suspension geometry as a result of this switch?

If the geometry does change, which component(s) are responsible for this change? Also, what concerns might I have regarding any resulting changes in rear wheel alignment (any problems resulting from changes in final hub position/angle?)?

If not, then would I be correct in assuming that I could perform a rear drum to disc brake conversion by switching from a connection point further from the chassis (maybe at the hub and bearing assembly?)? Why would/'nt this be possible? What might be some dis/advantages in choosing to do so, as opposed to switching from the trailing arm outward?

I've seen AEM/PowerSlot's conversion kit, but I haven't read any reviews or write-ups. I notice this kit (#29-601BL, http://www.sportcompactonly.co...=1033) does NOT include any suspension arms (at least, I've never seen one included in any product images). Anyone care to shed light on how they might be able to do this?

I'm thinking about switching out my rear trailing arm for one that has disc brakes, preferrably the 99-00 Civic Si (and other necessary parts like calipers, brackets, lines, bigger wheels, etc.). But, I'm the kind of freak that likes to keep as much of my original equipment as possible while performing ANY upgrades/repairs. I'd also like to stay away from buying a discontinued product, branded by a company that farmed out their brake business...

Furthermore, are there any concerns for my rear brake conversion regarding ABS? I'm not sure how the compatability list changes (if at all) with this consideration. Can someone shed some light on it?

Finally, a belated and advanced thanks for all who helped contribute to this thread. You've allowed me (a noob) to learn a lot in a very short time... so please, be nice... I'm trying to learn...

Have a Great Drive!
Jason

... I couldn't find another thread to post this on, as I found this thread as a direct result of a search. Apologies given to all annoyed...
Old 07-26-2005, 06:55 PM

Default Re: EK Rear Drum to Disc Conversion (JasonGhostz)

OK, one major thing, if you do a rear disc brake swap, the rear trailing arms attatch to the compensator arms at their front, which (through use of the slotted hole) adjust your rear toe, so, if you also replace your compensator arms, then your toe will be off. Personally, I wouldn't make changes to any suspension component without getting an alignment afterwards. In that respect, I am using some good old fashioned Trigonometry left over from college to make a cool camber measuring device.

In addition, for all who are interested, I am about to attempt a rear disc conversion into my '97 DX hatch using the minimal number of parts. Hopefully, that means just calipers, rotors, hubs, and brake lines, and I will let you know what happens. The parts are coming from a '94 Integra LS.
From what I understand, all rear trailing amrs are the same, and as long as you don't mind the extra work of dealing with the hub removal, then it should swap. I will post the no bullsh*t BARE minimum number of parts needed after I am done.
Old 07-26-2005, 10:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: EK Rear Drum to Disc Conversion (aj_the_first)

Very nice. Thanks for the realignment reminder.

If it wasn't already implied, I just wanted to iterate that I wanted to avoid any cutting, grinding, welding, etc...

Well, *if* the EK rear drum/disc brake conversion can be done from the hub assembly, my next questions would be...

What is required to do so?
What dis/advantages are there?
um... and, of course...
*** DOES IT LOOK COOL??? ***

Thanks again forward and back. Good luck on the project, aj. Be sure to keep me posted (maybe we need to start a new thread. Let me know if you do).

jg

appended
ps - hey aj, can you take a lot of pictures and maybe start a blog-type thing?? I guess it's a lot of additional work, but might end up being rewarding in many ways.
Old 07-31-2005, 01:36 AM

Default Re: [FAQ] What parts are interchangeable for all 92-00 Civics? (SOHC4life 96)

cool list...now on to the motors...
Old 07-31-2005, 08:27 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (cnyej1)

The front door handles on all 92-95 civics are the same however the rear handles on the sedans are different as they have different mounting points. I found this after considering a "shaved" keyhole mod before I painted my car.
Old 08-05-2005, 05:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: [FAQ] What parts are interchangeable for all 92-00 Civics? (SOHC4life 96)

Check out this site, lifted from another thread...

http://www.hondaautomotivepart...y.jsp

While I can't validate it's accuracy, this site has diagrams of various vehicle components. Nearly all parts shown are available for purchase, at seemingly reasonable prices.

But check this out, they also show part numbers, referenced in the appropriate diagrams, for whatever vehicle you have selected. So if you navigate around or toggle between multiple windows, you can check to see if the part numbers are the same.

I noticed that the part numbers and prices listed for the rear trailing arms for the '99 EX Civic Coupe (http://www.hondaautomotivepart...R+ARM) and the '99 SI Civic Coupe (http://www.hondaautomotivepart...R+ARM) are different.

Perhaps there is something about the trailing arm ASSEMBLY that accounts for this (maybe the drum/disc difference is responsible). Can anyone drop some knowledge on this?

Again, I can't attest to the validity of the information within that site. But it seems like a great resource...

JasonGhostz
Old 08-05-2005, 05:59 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: [FAQ] What parts are interchangeable for all 92-00 Civics? (JasonGhostz)

If you are talking about the product number, I don't think those are actual Honda part numbers, but internal code part numbers unique to their inventory system.
Old 08-05-2005, 07:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: [FAQ] What parts are interchangeable for all 92-00 Civics? (kkim)

Yeah, I kind of figured they wouldn't correspond to Honda's part #'s, but I still find it interesting that they show different (internal) part #'s and prices for the trailing arms.

Anyway, I guess I'll find out soon enough... I just bought a trailing arm assy (w/disc brake). The trouble is, I picked the pair from a bin, and they didn't have documentation regarding from what they were disassembled.

From what I can tell, it looks to be from a '99-'00 Si Coupe. The 4x100 rotor is about 9.4 inches across, and the single-piston NISSIN caliper reads "7CLP135" (matching this picture http://www.hazone.com/images/reardisc/prd015.jpg). The mangled e-brake lines were still attached, but since I'm not going to be using them, I don't care much about where they originated.

Can anyone confirm that I have the correct caliper and brake disc to proceed with my EK disc conversion? Is there any other info I can use to help me distinguish what I have?

Thanks in advance,
JasonGhostz
Old 08-26-2005, 04:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: [FAQ] What parts are interchangeable for all 92-00 Civics?

I'll have to rebuild a B18C5 soon. I just wonder what internal parts is interchangeable between a B16A & a B18CR/C5?

I've heard the exhaust valves, valve guides, valve stem seal, etc are the same. Is that true?

What are the same & what are different? Pls let me know, TKS!
Old 08-26-2005, 04:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

tires and rims
Old 09-13-2005, 09:36 AM
apm
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (hybridej7)

does anyone know if the EG coupe rear top carpet(speakers) - will fit my EG4dr rear cargo cover?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: [FAQ] What parts are interchangeable for all 92-00 Civics?