Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

[FAQ] Official Parts List for an Auto to Manual Swap on an EG

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2006, 11:50 AM
Imperious: Mod of Valor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: (jdmsiR20)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by jdmsiR20 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">bump -- just a question thats been lingering...

any wiring other than the reverse light needed?

swap out the cluster for a manual one and there shouldn't be any CEL's, correct?

edit -- thinking of picking up an auto teg
</TD></TR></TABLE>

The only wiring is the reverse light, correct. And with the cluster swap, you will not get any cells. Hell, I was rolling a manual cluster when I had my auto in and it was fine.
Old 05-17-2006, 12:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Re: (JDM-EJ1)

I dont know if this has been mentioned already or not but i saw it in the last page so thought i would chime in. Theres more wiring then just the reverse lights and swapping cluster to get no check engine lights? If your running the auto ecu with a manual setup youll get lights. Get the right ecu for the set up.

For the wiring youll need to connect the 2 thick black wires from you auto shifter together to start the car and take out the key.
Old 06-29-2006, 12:52 AM

Default Re: [FAQ] Official Parts List for an Auto to Manual Swap on an EG (JDM-EJ1)

im just wondering how much did it cost to buy all those parts? and theres no junkyard close to where i live is there any online sellers where i can get em? thanks
Old 07-05-2006, 09:38 PM

Default Re: [FAQ] Official Parts List for an Auto to Manual Swap on an EG (daz00)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by daz00 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">im just wondering how much did it cost to buy all those parts? and theres no junkyard close to where i live is there any online sellers where i can get em? thanks</TD></TR></TABLE>

I got the majority of these parts at junkyards and people here on Honda-Tech. For all the parts, I paid about $700.
Old 07-11-2006, 11:16 PM

Default Re: [FAQ] Official Parts List for an Auto to Manual Swap on an EG (JDM-EJ1)

I checked the jdmshit link i saw earlier, and couldnt find the shifter mount bracket. did the stop selling it or am i overlooking it?

also, about how long does would it take one person to complete the swap? a weekend? maybe a guesstimate (yeah, not a word) off hours? if necessary, i can get someone to help me with the tranny itself, but most of the bitchwork would be done by me. thanks for the advice.
Old 07-12-2006, 06:10 PM

Default Re: [FAQ] Official Parts List for an Auto to Manual Swap on an EG (mrjkwik)

Old 07-15-2006, 11:45 PM

Default Re: [FAQ] Official Parts List for an Auto to Manual Swap on an EG (mrjkwik)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by mrjkwik &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">...</TD></TR></TABLE>

Sorry, I don't check this often.

When I bought the mount, I had to call them.. I couldn't find it on their website either.

Regarding how much time it takes.. This could easily be done in a weekend with friends. If you're doing it by yourself, probably a week; working a few hours each day. It all depends on how fast you are, and your skill level.
Old 07-16-2006, 07:01 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JDM-EJ1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

I got the majority of these parts at junkyards and people here on Honda-Tech. For all the parts, I paid about $700.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I got my parts just over $350, mind you im staying single cam, also the price includes a auto to manual mount, and i'll save a lot doing the swap myself.
Old 08-07-2006, 01:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Very curious, how much did the whole conversion cost?, like price range?
Old 08-15-2006, 04:20 PM

nice but its weird how you need dift body mount that has to be changed i wish i coudl find that aw well ill see what the shop has they'll have it. i got everything else<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JDM-EJ1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Exactly. With our Hondas, ALL of them were made the same between the automatic and manuals. Everything will bolt up find if you use all the parts that I listed.</TD></TR></TABLE>
ah that caint be right because if they where all made the same then why would you need to cut a body mount off and change it ah ha see you dotn need that mount and i was told buy a guy that did it without a diferand mount so why do you have to change it? and the rear mount hmm never knew that and was never told that hmm ill see then.
Old 08-15-2006, 06:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

body mount? are you talking about the transmission mount?

As for what JDM-EJ1 has said, everything will bolt up fine, you just need to get an auto-to-manual conversion mount or rig one up urself. I know cause i've done the swap already.
Old 11-16-2006, 07:14 AM

Nice Swap! Just out of curriosity, could the entire swap (auto to manual) be done if you got a front clip of a civic thats already manual and put everything into the automatic civic? I'm assuming all the parts required would be in the front clip of the civic including engine swap.
Old 01-14-2007, 01:07 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: **Official CORRECT parts list for an AT/MT swap on an EG** (Backk InTheDA)

good stuff man
Old 03-28-2007, 09:15 PM

Default Re: [FAQ] Official Parts List for an Auto to Manual Swap on an EG (xcyx)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by xcyx &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Nice Swap! Just out of curriosity, could the entire swap (auto to manual) be done if you got a front clip of a civic thats already manual and put everything into the automatic civic? I'm assuming all the parts required would be in the front clip of the civic including engine swap. </TD></TR></TABLE>

The clip doesn't matter, it could be automatic OR manual; if it's an automatic clip just use the mount that I did.
Old 06-05-2007, 11:14 PM
Sweet Title

bump for watched topics
Old 06-06-2007, 06:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: [FAQ] Official Parts List for an Auto to Manual Swap on an EG (sixfiveoh)

Im starting mine tomorrow and will try and take lots of pics and do a semi write up. but here is a great link for the mount you will need for only $95 shipped!
https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1600661

let him know i sent ya! this is not a plug just trying to help people out and save some money
Old 08-19-2007, 09:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: [FAQ] Official Parts List for an Auto to Manual Swap on an EG (crx378)

Good link. I have a AT2MT in an EJ1. I went to passwordjdm.com and got my transmission mount. You definately need it because the A/T upper mount support is angled up. The M/T upper mount support is paralell to the ground. The custom mount will line everything up nicely.
Old 10-24-2007, 10:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: [FAQ] Official Parts List for an Auto to Manual Swap on an EG (4dr93civic)

im goign to have to do this o my car soon
Old 10-29-2007, 08:59 PM

I wanted to ask: If you change the cluster, will it display the millage from the car you got it off of, or will it display the millage of your own car?

Modified by Oversoulx2 at 11:24 PM 11/1/2007
Old 11-18-2007, 08:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

bump! good stuff
Old 01-06-2008, 09:34 AM

Default Re: [FAQ] Official Parts List for an Auto to Manual Swap on an EG

Okay im about halfway through this swap just waiting on clutch from slow *** Nopi and the mount from hasport. I haven't ran into any problems except for one and i have a question about another.

1. Is there a bracket that the manual shifter/linkage mounts when it goes through the floor and if so does anyone have a link to it.

2. can anyone give me the wiring info for the reverse lights?

any info would be greatly appreciated
Old 01-17-2008, 10:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: [FAQ] Official Parts List for an Auto to Manual Swap on an EG (ImmaculateDelSol)

just to add a tip...if u guys dont wanna run ugly lookn wires all the way to the tranny for the reverse lights u can find those same wires on the 14 pin engine harness plug on the driverside..if yur usdm that is...reason i did this is because i did a wire-tuck harness and didnt wana place any more wires in the bay..its #12 (yellow) and # 13 (green/black) on the plug..
Old 02-27-2008, 10:00 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Oversoulx2)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Oversoulx2 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I wanted to ask: If you change the cluster, will it display the millage from the car you got it off of, or will it display the millage of your own car?

Modified by Oversoulx2 at 11:24 PM 11/1/2007</TD></TR></TABLE>
Will display the mileage of the cluster. It just counts up when you plug it in.

Looks like I will be attempting this soon, looking to get all my parts, how much does the tranny weigh?
Old 04-09-2008, 12:33 PM

Default Re: (tazeat)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by tazeat &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
Will display the mileage of the cluster. It just counts up when you plug it in.

Looks like I will be attempting this soon, looking to get all my parts, how much does the tranny weigh?</TD></TR></TABLE>

What? If you plug in a BRAND new cluster into your Civic with 150xxx miles on it (or whatever the mileage) the cluster will not automatically do anything.

The tranny weighs approximately 60lbs or so.

I also updated my main list, saying that we need to use manual flywheel bolts; as the ones for the automatic bolts are too short.
Old 08-12-2008, 02:18 AM

Default Re: (JDM-EJ1)

im thinking of swapping my auto del sol to a manual but i kno theyre a bit different from regular civics. anyone on here ever do it on a del sol? any tips?

Quick Reply: [FAQ] Official Parts List for an Auto to Manual Swap on an EG