Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

[FAQ] Official Parts List for an Auto to Manual Swap on an EG

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2005, 09:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: **Official CORRECT parts list for an AT/MT swap on an EG** (JDM-EJ1)

My combo is auto gas/manual brake. It is easiest that way...
Old 12-20-2005, 09:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: **Official CORRECT parts list for an AT/MT swap on an EG** (JDM-EJ1)

is a custom upper tranny mount actually needed? i wasnt aware that the eg manual and eg auto chassis r different....
Old 12-20-2005, 09:21 PM
Imperious: Mod of Valor

Default Re: **Official CORRECT parts list for an AT/MT swap on an EG** (90civichb)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 90civichb &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">My combo is auto gas/manual brake. It is easiest that way...</TD></TR></TABLE>

Eeeh, I got my whole pedal assembly for $20 dollars, so I just did it that way.
Old 12-20-2005, 09:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

a friend of mine suggesting just cutting the brake pedal in half and get the clutch pedal...what do you think? would it work?
Old 12-20-2005, 10:22 PM

Default Re: **Official CORRECT parts list for an AT/MT swap on an EG** (byronl)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by byronl &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">a friend of mine suggesting just cutting the brake pedal in half and get the clutch pedal...what do you think? would it work?</TD></TR></TABLE>

lol. Yes, it would work. But why not save yourself the hassle, and just goto a junkyard and buy one?
Old 02-14-2006, 06:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: **Official CORRECT parts list for an AT/MT swap on an EG** (sicones)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by sicones &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">HERES SOME CIVIC D SERIES TRANNY INFO

S20= 92-95
S40= 96-00
look near the tranny fill plug.........

A000 = small bearing case = CX/DX/HX/VX case, BAD!
B000 = large bearing case = EX/Si case, GOOD!

D16y8 trans = Pa4/B000, shortest gears
</TD></TR></TABLE>

Do you have any pics of this?
Old 03-23-2006, 06:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: **Official CORRECT parts list for an AT/MT swap on an EG** (93civicsedan)

i am thinking about doing a auto to manual on my 98 ciciv ex. i got the boot but thats is it lol. how hard do you think it would be for 2 16 year olds that know some stuff about cars to do? friends dad knows alot but not always around as he is usually busy so it would be mostly me and my friend. i have never ripped out a tranny but have lots of time. do i need to take out engine to do this? i owuld like to save money by not going to a shop as i have lots of time on my hands
Old 03-23-2006, 06:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: **Official CORRECT parts list for an AT/MT swap on an EG** (j-rome)

i just did an auto to manual swap with a friend of mine. It really isn't that hard at all, it's just time consuming. It's pretty straightforward just do some reading around here and it'll be cake
Old 03-24-2006, 11:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

alright thanks. time is no biggie for me as i owuld do it when i am on summer vecation for school. i live about 5 min from work so i can bike to work. so i have all summer to do it.
Old 04-03-2006, 05:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (j-rome)

Couple questions...

Can you use the clutch line, master cylinder, pedals, and the actuator in the tranny from a DC2 GSR?
Old 04-05-2006, 01:52 PM

Default Re: (jonyb)

aye guys just wondering if any one know if you need the rear mount? looks like an L shape. the shop told me that you do so iono but some shops don't remember.
Old 04-06-2006, 08:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: **Official CORRECT parts list for an AT/MT swap on an EG** (byronl)

just a question i am doing this swap..i am about done and i have very little left to do besides minor things..until i get my mount from hasport ...but just wondering there are 2 censors on the clutch pedal...do they get hooked up?...or does the auto body have the censors for them.? and would it be alright to use the 5 speed engine harness? ..i do have the manual 5 speed p28
Old 04-07-2006, 05:15 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: **Official CORRECT parts list for an AT/MT swap on an EG** (civicStyle)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by civicStyle &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">just a question i am doing this swap..i am about done and i have very little left to do besides minor things..until i get my mount from hasport ...but just wondering there are 2 censors on the clutch pedal...do they get hooked up?...or does the auto body have the censors for them.? and would it be alright to use the 5 speed engine harness? ..i do have the manual 5 speed p28</TD></TR></TABLE>

Those are to keep you from starting the car in gear. Not needed.
Old 04-13-2006, 06:23 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: **Official CORRECT parts list for an AT/MT swap on an EG** (jonyb)

i just did this swap not to long ago and i used the auto thottle cable and the stock mount but i had to shim the mount to get it to sit level no biggy. but how do i go about the wiring so the car will start with the key?
Old 04-13-2006, 06:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: **Official CORRECT parts list for an AT/MT swap on an EG** (datnigabluberry)

i think the easiest way to go about that is to take a piece off the auto shifter....where it connects to the harness...i can take pics but there is a thing that moves inside of it and it has to be either in park or neutral to start the car.. but if you cant figure it out i can take pics...just got mine goin but throw bearing is a piece its already makin noise
Old 04-13-2006, 06:56 PM

heres a post made a while back about this topic if it helps

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> Here is a complete parts list
-tranny
-clutch
-pressure plate w/ bolts
-flywheel w/ bolts
-clutch master cylinder, line and slave cylinder
-5spd pedal assemblys (yes both the clutch pedal wont clear an automatic -brake pedal)
-shift linkage
-rear mount
-ECU
-top tranny mount (see below)
-5spd cluster (not really needed but makes it look cleaner)

the top tranny mount can be taken care of a few ways, either cut and weld (too much work IMO) or you can purchase a mount specifically for this conversion, HCP makes it and it can be found at the link below, it is the last mount pictured. newman sold me and my buddy the for $155 from JDMshit (he runs the site)

http://www.jdmshit.com/hcp/index.html

a few negatives about this swap:

-holes in your floorpan unless you have someone who can weld
-you also wont have reverse lights although i have heard that this can be resolved by wiring the yellow and green wires (by the stock shifter) to the reverse signal wires on the tranny (the wires by where the slave cylinder mounts).
-the little white plastic slider peice on the automatic shifter (you'll know it when you see it) must be locked in the park position some how (mine is epoxied)
-you will be able to start the car w/o pressing in the clutch so make sure you have it in nuetral or the clutch is pressed in when you start the car. i would assume their is a way to wire in the button on the pedal assembly but have never really researched it.

P.S. take out the blue box under the dash (mounted where the new clutch pedal will go) it controls the locking mechanism for the steering wheel and key.

the pedal assemblies are a bitch, give the dumb guy that job it'll take a while and keep him from screwing stuff up

well i think this covers it</TD></TR></TABLE>
Old 04-17-2006, 07:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: **Official CORRECT parts list for an AT/MT swap on an EG** (datnigabluberry)

bring it from the dead

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by datnigabluberry &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i just did this swap not to long ago and i used the auto thottle cable and the stock mount but i had to shim the mount to get it to sit level no biggy. but how do i go about the wiring so the car will start with the key?</TD></TR></TABLE>

ok..im collecting parts, and of course trying my best to save (150 for one mount )..shimming the mount?? so if i were to use the stock manual mount it, the motor sits high?? basically i just put a plate between the mount and tranny to level it....i think i seen this before....can some one verify with pic or link??
Old 04-21-2006, 08:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

ok guys .. i have a few questions for a 95 ex swap ..
1. is a manual starter definately needed?
2. is there any cutting or welding at all involved with a 95 ex swap
3. can i keep my auto gas and change my auto brake w/ a manual brake?
4. last thing .. am i crazy if i attempt to do this by myself and just refer to this site (17 years old, never touched a mechanical part of a car .. don't really know how to go about removing the tranny or doing any of this. want to learn tho)
Old 04-22-2006, 07:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (pjr710)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by pjr710 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">ok guys .. i have a few questions for a 95 ex swap ..
1. is a manual starter definately needed?
2. is there any cutting or welding at all involved with a 95 ex swap
3. can i keep my auto gas and change my auto brake w/ a manual brake?
4. last thing .. am i crazy if i attempt to do this by myself and just refer to this site (17 years old, never touched a mechanical part of a car .. don't really know how to go about removing the tranny or doing any of this. want to learn tho)</TD></TR></TABLE>

1.yes
2.yes, the hole for the shifter
3." Pedal Assembly - You're going to need new pedals for this. Although, you can use your existing AT Brake/Gas pedal the clutch and brake will sit EXTREAMLY close together and could result in hazerdous driving. This part can be purchased from a junkyard."
4.yes you would be crazy to try it urself...u better be good with following directings from the shop-manual...goes along the lines of , you'll learn to swim real fast if u just dive in and get crazy

Old 04-29-2006, 08:04 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (EvilPinkEye)

my friend just bought a 92 dx auto he is going for a straight gsr swap but I will need some info about the mount for a b serie swap manual to a 92 dx hatch auto ?
Old 04-29-2006, 10:43 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (TURBO-WAWA)

in my 93 ex i didn't have to cut anything from the shifter, when i removed the auto shifter the hole was already there so i just had to put the manual shifter through the hole and bolt things up
Old 04-29-2006, 10:51 AM

Default Re: (byronl)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by byronl &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">in my 93 ex i didn't have to cut anything from the shifter, when i removed the auto shifter the hole was already there so i just had to put the manual shifter through the hole and bolt things up </TD></TR></TABLE>

Exactly. With our Hondas, ALL of them were made the same between the automatic and manuals. Everything will bolt up find if you use all the parts that I listed.
Old 05-04-2006, 06:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (JDM-EJ1)

i sure hope so....waiting up on a tranny and im good to go.<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JDM-EJ1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Exactly. With our Hondas, ALL of them were made the same between the automatic and manuals. Everything will bolt up find if you use all the parts that I listed.</TD></TR></TABLE>
Old 05-17-2006, 11:34 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (EvilPinkEye)

bump -- just a question thats been lingering...

any wiring other than the reverse light needed?

swap out the cluster for a manual one and there shouldn't be any CEL's, correct?

edit -- thinking of picking up an auto teg
Old 05-17-2006, 11:48 AM

Default Re: **Official CORRECT parts list for an AT/MT swap on an EG** (civicStyle)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by civicStyle &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">just a question i am doing this swap..i am about done and i have very little left to do besides minor things..until i get my mount from hasport ...but just wondering there are 2 censors on the clutch pedal...do they get hooked up?...or does the auto body have the censors for them.? and would it be alright to use the 5 speed engine harness? ..i do have the manual 5 speed p28</TD></TR></TABLE>

These are for when the car is started, the clutch needs to be pushed in. They're not needed.

Quick Reply: [FAQ] Official Parts List for an Auto to Manual Swap on an EG