Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

[FAQ] How-To: Install Energy Suspension Polyurethane Shifter Bushings. Part 1 of 2.

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2006, 08:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: (Deemeetree)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Deemeetree &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Don't forget my Part 2 of 2, also on here with the same thread title...except Part 2 of 2.</TD></TR></TABLE>

good stuff

thanks
Old 02-09-2006, 09:56 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: [FAQ] How-To: Install Energy Suspension Polyurethane Shifter Bushings. Part 1 of 2. (fwdtamiya)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by fwdtamiya &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Get off my nuts dipshit, i'm asking an honest qustion. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Yes it is a easy mod to do. It took me 25 minutes, and I'm a noob mechanic. For people that haven't done it yet, it helps to visualize it before doing it. Sorry some of us aren't expert mechanics like you. Every one starts somewhere...
Old 02-09-2006, 11:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: [FAQ] How-To: Install Energy Suspension Polyurethane Shifter Bushings. Part 1 of 2. (808_si)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 808_si &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Yes it is a easy mod to do. It took me 25 minutes, and I'm a noob mechanic. For people that haven't done it yet, it helps to visualize it before doing it. Sorry some of us aren't expert mechanics like you. Every one starts somewhere...</TD></TR></TABLE>Once again, why does everyone get offended when someone asks a question now? You attack with false pretenses. Now that i can assume that the bushing doesn't come with pictured directions, i can understand why the thread was created. Thanks for letting me assume the answer to my question, and making an *** of yourself.
Old 02-09-2006, 12:12 PM
.Ry
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: [FAQ] How-To: Install Energy Suspension Polyurethane Shifter Bushings. Part 1 of 2. (fwdtamiya)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by fwdtamiya &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
Get off my nuts dipshit, i'm asking an honest qustion. </TD></TR></TABLE> Go expletive yourself. Its easier to watch something than to read it for some people. IF you really wanna e-fight lets ******* go, You will not win. You are a pathetic loser than always sees the bad in things. Post reported because your a bitch.
Old 02-09-2006, 12:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: [FAQ] How-To: Install Energy Suspension Polyurethane Shifter Bushings. Part 1 of 2. (turner7205)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by turner7205 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> Go expletive yourself. Its easier to watch something than to read it for some people. IF you really wanna e-fight lets ******* go, You will not win. You are a pathetic loser than always sees the bad in things. Post reported because your a bitch.</TD></TR></TABLE>
read my above post, you are a tool
Old 02-09-2006, 12:19 PM
.Ry
Honda-Tech Member

I read it and it doesnt change the fact your a worthless *******.
Old 02-09-2006, 12:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: [FAQ] How-To: Install Energy Suspension Polyurethane Shifter Bushings. Part 1 of 2. (Deemeetree)

nice writeup I shal be doing this when it gets warmer.
Old 02-09-2006, 12:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: [FAQ] How-To: Install Energy Suspension Polyurethane Shifter Bushings. Part 1 of 2. (turner7205)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by turner7205 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I read it and it doesnt change the fact your a worthless *******.</TD></TR></TABLE>
Because I asked a qestion as simple as 'what color paint is that?' And YOU took offense to it? Have fun
Old 02-09-2006, 12:28 PM
.Ry
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by fwdtamiya &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
Because I asked a qestion as simple as 'what color paint is that?' And YOU took offense to it? Have fun </TD></TR></TABLE> Those are not the same type of questions. The question you asked came out like "who the hell doesnt know how to do this?"
Old 02-09-2006, 12:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by turner7205 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> Those are not the same type of questions. The question you asked came out like "who the hell doesnt know how to do this?"</TD></TR></TABLE>
No, actually it came out like "excuse my ignorance, but why would people need a write up on this?"

Notice how i'm calling myself misinformed on the subject?
Old 02-09-2006, 12:40 PM
.Ry
Honda-Tech Member

If you were truly that misinformed, then my bad I apoligize
Old 02-09-2006, 04:02 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by fwdtamiya &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">excuse my ignorance, but why would people need a write up on this? </TD></TR></TABLE>

well, it wasn't a simple question, it was implied that this is the easiest DIY, and with that smiley face it was supposed to make us feel stupid.
Old 02-12-2006, 09:09 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: [FAQ] How-To: Install Energy Suspension Polyurethane Shifter Bushings. Part 1 of 2. (808_si)

just ordered the part at pep boys..$10.50..should be here by mid week!
Old 02-22-2006, 03:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: [FAQ] How-To: Install Energy Suspension Polyurethane Shifter Bushings. Part 1 of 2. (tqbeastcx)

went to go put it on today..and the bolt is stuck..i cant get it off..what should i do?!

i tride WD-40 (thats all i had..i was at my gf's house)

what else should i try on it?..its already starting to strip..
Old 03-19-2006, 05:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: [FAQ] How-To: Install Energy Suspension Polyurethane Shifter Bushings. Part 1 of 2. (Deemeetree)

This thread is old, but I'm bringing it back as I'm facing some free play at the gearbox end for the linkage with no bushing. When i try twisting the linkage rod, it moves which in turn results in left and right free play on the shift stick. I have changed all the bushings possible. Can it be due to a worn spring pin which locks the linkage to the rod sticking out at the gearbox end? A picture is located at http://www.hondaautomotivepart...LEVER

I am referring to part number 22. I am driving an EK.
Old 05-14-2006, 08:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: [FAQ] How-To: Install Energy Suspension Polyurethane Shifter Bushings. Part 1 of 2. (garyc17)

i bought this bushing for 94+ integra and is having a hella time getting it in..I tried everything from usings a screwdriver, pliers, greasing it, freezing it, i simply can't get it in after about a hour of trying, how did everyone else do this? this is the 1 piece bushing for the integra part # 16.1101.
Old 05-14-2006, 08:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: [FAQ] How-To: Install Energy Suspension Polyurethane Shifter Bushings. Part 1 of 2. (makavali27)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by makavali27 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i bought this bushing for 94+ integra and is having a hella time getting it in..I tried everything from usings a screwdriver, pliers, greasing it, freezing it, i simply can't get it in after about a hour of trying, how did everyone else do this? this is the 1 piece bushing for the integra part # 16.1101.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Hahaha, welcome to me two weeks ago. I hate putting in bushings. What I did was to grease it up, put one end of the round bushing into the stabilizer hole, and used a screwdriver to push the other end in. For example, I pushed in the bottom end and use a flathead to push down the top end while forcing the bushing into the hole. Good luck with the shift side, took me longer to do that than tranny side bushing.
Old 12-18-2006, 07:28 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Location: Land of the Hillbillies and Shotguns, Ontario, Canada
Default Re: [FAQ] How-To: Install Energy Suspension Polyurethane Shifter Bushings. Part 1 of 2. (BlueIntegra

awesome write-up man thanks alot!!
Old 12-18-2006, 07:31 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Location: Land of the Hillbillies and Shotguns, Ontario, Canada
Default Re: (Squelch)

awesome wrtitye-up!! can't wait to do this!!!
Old 08-04-2007, 05:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Rayz_Si)

my shifter wobbles alot when in gear and sometimes can't even shift into gear when im driving (like shifting from 1st to 2nd..sometimes i cant hit 2nd and when i downshift from 3rd to 2nd, it wont shift to 2nd)...do u guys think this will fix my problem?
Old 08-06-2007, 11:35 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (noss88)

bump
Old 10-03-2007, 03:51 PM

So are these bushings for when the shifter in gear it doesn't go anywhere? I have a short shifter installed in my car (not sure which company, came with the car) but whenever I am in gear the gear moves around freely (not coming out of gear though) and I heard it was bushings. Are these the bushings to fix that problem?
Old 10-04-2007, 06:00 AM

Default Re: [FAQ] How-To: Install Energy Suspension Polyurethane Shifter Bushings. Part 1 of 2. (djessenz)

bumpity
Old 02-15-2010, 10:44 AM

Default Re: [FAQ] How-To: Install Energy Suspension Polyurethane Shifter Bushings. Part 1 of

95 Civic EX

So I'm bring this thread back to life, it's a shame the pictures are gone they would prove useful. Anyway, I bought the part # listed in the beginning of this thread, and this is where I am. How in the hell do these bushings supposed to fit here? I'm pretty positive I'm in the right spot for this.

What I took apart, where I believe they "should" go.

Old (right) vs new (left)
Old 05-11-2011, 11:09 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: [FAQ] How-To: Install Energy Suspension Polyurethane Shifter Bushings. Part 1 of

Any chance of getting those pictures reposted?

Quick Reply: [FAQ] How-To: Install Energy Suspension Polyurethane Shifter Bushings. Part 1 of 2.