Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

[FAQ] 92-95 Mini-Me Wiring. (May apply to any vtec wiring)

Old 10-10-2004, 09:33 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default [FAQ] 92-95 Mini-Me Wiring. (May apply to any vtec wiring)

92 civic are prewired so all you 92 civic's can just click the "back" button now.

So what do you do now that you have your VTEC head installed and a p28 ECU? you need to wire it.

In order to do so uou will need some parts.

1. Electrical Tape
2. solder and soldering iron, and a small needle
3. 2 male harness pins. Get these from a chop or old harness.
4. 2 female harness pins. Get these from a chop or old harness.
5. 1 big ECU pin.
6. 1 small ECU pin
7. Extra wire.

Here is a sketch of what are we doing:

You don't gotta say, I know many of you will be on my dick about my MS paint Skillzzzzz.

First we need to extend the wires from the vtec solenoid to reach the end of the engine harness. There is 3 wires, the Black on is ground, attach this to any ground on your car. We need to add pins to the end of the harness so it plugs into the harness on your chassis, which will lead the wires to your ECU in your car. So once you extended to wires to the other end of the harness and hide them, you need to add two male connecters to the end of them. These will connect to your harness plug. PLEASE RMEMBER WHICH ONE IS WHICH, when you try to wire your ecu. (use difference color wire will save you time if you forgot which wire is which)

See the Orange and Green wires? those are the ones extended ones.

To obtain the 2 male connecters, you need to find an old or chop harness from the junkyard. When you look into the plugs, you will see a white plastic piece that acts as a protector. I don’t have a picture of this, but all you have to do is use some pliers to take it out. It snaps back in don’t worry about breaking anything. Once the white plate piece is off, you will see many pins sticking out. Use some long nose pliers and grip a plug and push the pin OUT.

So once you extend the wire, it’s a good idea to hide these wires in stock engine harness. You have to remove all the black electrical tape and put the new wires in the bundle and tape it back all up.

Then soldier and tap these connecters to your newly extended wires. PLEASE RMEMBER WHICH ONE IS WHICH.

Then you slide these into the harness plugs and boom! Got one part finish.

Now you need to add 2 female connecters pins to the chassis side of your harness. Same thing you did on the engine side but just use female pins and put them in the position corresponding to where you put the 2 male connecters.

There once the pin are in place, you extended the wires on the pins to your ecu. I just made super long wires and I routed them with the harness. Then I splited them off and I routed them through a hole in the firewall.

Once you got your 2 wires inside your car, you connect the ECU pins to them. I stole this part directly from Bauleycivic’s mini me post.
<U>Here is what the back of your ECU plugs look like:

You’ll need to run the blue wire (or whichever color is from the plug) to pin D6, and then run the black ground wire from the plug to anywhere on the motor. You then need to run the green wire from the VTEC solenoid to pin A4.</u>

So as can see, A4 is a big plug and D6 is a small plug. To obtain these plugs you need a chop ECU harness plug.
Chop:

Then you take the pins out, this is tricky at first. There is a “door” that you need to open. Just pull it out and it should click open, you can see the click-locks on the side. Then you need to put a needle in there and play around with it. I attempted to explain how the locking mechanism works but its best if you just play with it.

So once you get a big connect and small connect, connect it to the new wires that your brought into your car.

Then plug it into the plug in A4 and D6. Plug it all up and you got “OEM” style wiring for your vtec/mini-me.

Arizona's FAQ has a nice picture of the finished procuct. https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=724252

Old 10-10-2004, 09:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: [FAQ] 92-95 Mini-Me Wiring. (Br1anPham)

awesome right up
will definitely come in handy to a lot of HT'ers
Old 10-10-2004, 09:46 PM

Default Re: [FAQ] 92-95 Mini-Me Wiring. (Br1anPham)

good pics and info.
Old 10-10-2004, 10:01 PM

Default Re: [FAQ] 92-95 Mini-Me Wiring. (94_HATCH)

very nice writeup.. always informative.
Old 10-10-2004, 10:08 PM
eh6

Default Re: [FAQ] 92-95 Mini-Me Wiring. (94_HATCH)

Pimp Juice
Old 10-11-2004, 11:15 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: [FAQ] 92-95 Mini-Me Wiring. (eh6)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Art In Motion &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">awesome right up
will definitely come in handy to a lot of HT'ers </TD></TR></TABLE>
Hope it will, I wished someone wrote one when i did my mini me swap about a year ago.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 94_HATCH &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">good pics and info. </TD></TR></TABLE><TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by bluracer &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">very nice writeup.. always informative. </TD></TR></TABLE><TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by eh6 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Pimp Juice</TD></TR></TABLE>
Thanks.