[DIY] OEM 92-95 Honda Civic Lights-On Chime Retrofit (no RadioShack crap here, folks) - Page 4 - Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion

Go Back  Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion > Honda and Acura Model-Specific Technical Forums > Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000)
Reload this Page >

[DIY] OEM 92-95 Honda Civic Lights-On Chime Retrofit (no RadioShack crap here, folks)

Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

[DIY] OEM 92-95 Honda Civic Lights-On Chime Retrofit (no RadioShack crap here, folks)

Old 11-30-2013, 03:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: [DIY] OEM 92-95 Honda Civic Lights-On Chime Retrofit (no RadioShack crap here, fo

Originally Posted by jeremyhughes View Post
I am assuming you corrected the mix up and it is working perfectly now?
yes, my wiring was fine. The actual wiper switch broke internally, swapped it out and all good.
Old 09-26-2014, 04:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: [DIY] OEM 92-95 Honda Civic Lights-On Chime Retrofit (no RadioShack crap here, fo

This seems like a lot of work you could just swap a 96-00 icu for the 92-95 and have intermittent wiper and headlight on
Old 09-26-2014, 05:35 PM
Oh look, I can change this

Originally Posted by foamham View Post
This seems like a lot of work you could just swap a 96-00 icu for the 92-95 and have intermittent wiper and headlight on
This is true, however I created this DIY before anyone knew you could swap in the 6G Civic one. FYI you can also swap in a 98-01 CR-V one to add the above functions plus intermittent *rear* wiper functionality, with some add'l wiring.

However, I still like the sound of the Teg chime over anything else.
Old 09-27-2014, 02:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by deschlong View Post
This is true, however I created this DIY before anyone knew you could swap in the 6G Civic one. FYI you can also swap in a 98-01 CR-V one to add the above functions plus intermittent *rear* wiper functionality, with some add'l wiring.

thanks for the info
Old 09-30-2014, 07:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by deschlong View Post

We all love you Mr. deschlong, I joined this forum just because of you and I am happy as we have got such a talented person like you, who work painstakingly to create and write such informative DIYs.

It is worth mentioning here that the 92-95 JDM civic comes factory equipped (may be not all the variants) with the:
1. lights on beep (continuous beep, teeeeeee....)
2. seat belt reminder (recurring beep for around 10 seconds, tee tee tee)
3. key on reminder (recurring beep, tee tee tee)

Let me add further that I have changed the complete wiring harness of my car with the JDM and have also changed the interlock unit with the ek civic (remember the eg civic interlock unit is exactly same like the ek but it lacks the chime)
The 96-00 JDM civic has got a chime inside the interlock unit, when the reverse gear is engaged it sounds like kring ting, kring ting.....

Though my car is manual and the interlock unit may not of much use but I have wired the reverse gear switch with the interlock unit and it is working flawlessly and I can hear the unique dual tone beeper i.e., kring tring .......

Last edited by shabbir.1; 10-01-2014 at 05:44 AM.
Old 09-30-2014, 09:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I cut the wire for the seat belt chime on the back of the ICU, wire the ICU side to a relay to switch polarity, then tap into the parking light option output on the under dash fuse box. Kill two birds with one stone. Takes ten minutes and doesn't cost anything if you have auto relays lying around everywhere like I do.

I appreciate the OP's method and his other DIY's, however.
Old 01-19-2015, 01:08 PM
#1 Super Guy

Used this writeup today and it worked great. Managed to find ALL the individual pieces on e-bay for about $32 shipped total.

BTW: BLU/WHT wires can be identified by their paint dots.
- BLU/WHT-2 has silver dots of paint on it
- BLU/WHT-1 has brown dots

Also, you can sometimes find the integra chime at a better price on ebay by looking for "integra relay". Most ebay wreckers don't even know what this part is so they label it incorrectly.
Old 04-30-2015, 12:17 AM
Honda-Tech Member

hi, l have a question about the sound sending unit, l live in europe and l have this system, but l want to do the usdm sead belt reminder warning, so my question is: is the sound sending unit the same? or do l need one from an usdm civic? l have just the belt with the plug also l need the bulb for the taho what else do l need? l wonder if it will work with the "lights on" warning sound sending unit:/ sorry mabye its not the wight topic to ask but maybe someone did this stuff before:/
Old 04-30-2015, 11:28 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Mad probs to the OP as always for going beyond and above.
Old 04-05-2018, 02:29 PM
Trial User

Iíve been reading this one single topic for a while and I have a 99 Civic LX and Iíve been trying to figure out how to translate this over to my car, as I want the classic Japanese plink plonk noise in my car, do you have any suggestions or tips? I have some pics I can show you of the progress Iíve mde but I havenít gotten under the car and started cutting stuff up just because I really wanna make sure itís gonna work before I go in and do it.