Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

!#@$% DIE EVIL JUNK2 D SERIES IM

Old 07-31-2004, 06:00 PM
non

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default !#@$% DIE EVIL JUNK2 D SERIES IM

On thurs I went and picked up my junk2 IM for my del sol which has the d15b7 still in it

IT SAYS CLEAR AS DAY ON THE BOX IT FITS A D15B7

Problem #1 the supposedly peel offable giant ricer junk2 plaque which currently sports no carb number does not come off

Problem #2 It's missing at least 1 coolant line, no biggie I did'nt want hot coolant going through it anyway

Problem #3 The TPS sensor sits within .1 inches from a clutch line, as soon as I were to fire it up I'm sure rattling will ensue and the first hard pull the engine will tq enough to prolly snap it off anyway

Problem #4 The stock IAC valve also sits within .0001 inches from more clutch lines, even after switching to a B20 IAC valve which has shorter mounting points since its the hardened bolt heads that will make contact it still is to close, as a side benefit though the b20B has no fluid lines attached there

Problem #5 My friggen throttle cable is 4in too long becaue they only have a mounting point for the EK d16 presumably

Problem #6 the main coolant line from the IM requires a worm gear clamp the stock one is too big which can be a problem if you don't already have them lying around

Problem #7 My super bling SIR airbox now is 4in to short, as would my stock one have been and it's pinched on the fuel filter which can't be moved without custom stainless lines

Problem #8 The breather box through hole is on the wrong side of the manifold

Problem # 9 You better not be in the boonies because you will need 2-4 feet of three different kinds of vacum tubing

Problem # 10 along with the giant chrome arrest me sign there is an extra vacum port and coolant passage that now sport hey look at me copper vaccum plugs

This is hardly the first time several fitments of the LS manifold were the same but this time it's fubar to the max I can only assume the CRX si guys will have even more issues

On monday I am praying to god my distributor lets me exchange it for an edlebrock IM
Old 07-31-2004, 06:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: !#@$% DIE EVIL JUNK2 D SERIES IM (eg1R)

that sucks
Old 07-31-2004, 07:26 PM
non

Default Re: !#@$% DIE EVIL JUNK2 D SERIES IM (Art In Motion)

in looking nearly all other other IM companies have seperate listings fro the 92-95 an 96+ but since the main coolant port looks like upside down nevada while the EK is square I don't think much consideration was put to fitment except maybe a CRX or Civic 88-91 which would'nt have the IAC issues I assume
Old 08-01-2004, 09:19 AM
non

I can already see them telling me there is no exchange on used and or engine parts

too bad I live in cali where the customer cannot legally sign away any rights on claims published or infered as made by any manufacturer

so I think it's small claims time
Old 08-01-2004, 11:15 AM

Should have done more reasearch before the buy. Your loss
Old 08-01-2004, 11:29 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: !#@$% DIE EVIL JUNK2 D SERIES IM (Revolver)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Revolver &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Should have done more reasearch before the buy. Your loss</TD></TR></TABLE>
tru statment. But hope everything works out for you.
Old 08-01-2004, 11:53 AM
non

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Revolver &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Should have done more reasearch before the buy. Your loss</TD></TR></TABLE>

What research ? there are no threads I could find here or on any other board before I bought and it does say RIGHT ON THERE SITE fits 93-97 Del Sol FITS d15B7

it also says right on the box

In order for this to fit I would have to break alot of CARB rules which means this could never possibly get carb approval as they say is pending

It's neither mine nor any customers resposibility to make claims by the manufacturer true it's thier job.

they also claim ISO 9002 certification, however such issues would never pass

I will however remeber never to buy anything from either of you since you would then feel that even if you make a bunk claim it's sold as is

Old 08-01-2004, 11:56 AM

OK Noob. You make it sound like Honda-Tech is the only source for information on the net. I'm sure that They had more info about the product, you're just an idiot and bought the first thing you saw. "Oh that company is JDM, right? Hell yeah!" Go f*ck yourself if you wouldn't buy our stuff just because of your inability to know what your buying. Why would you buy something that you didn't kow anything about? Good call, you get exactly what you bought.

Lock
Old 08-01-2004, 12:18 PM
non

Um your a whopping 19 years old and your calling me a noob ?

BWAHAHAHHAHAHHAH

I had been working on cars while you were still in 5th grade, and since when does late 2003 make you OG anyway bitch

and in you mental infancy I guess you magically skipped this line

"there are no threads I could find here or on any other board before I bought"

Yeah I'm only a member of like 15 other web boards a few are D series.org G2ic and 7th gen civic

The only one here f'in themselves is you, you pop of at the mouth but do you have anything to say about fitment of skunk products ? ~ um no your an idiot

Who said anything about JDM ? and who else is supposed to make a d series manifold for N/A cars ? neither question you could answer because it is you who are an idiot
Old 08-01-2004, 12:25 PM

Yeah, good one. Since when does age have anything to do with experience or knowledge? Who cares if you're a member of other boards? You just joined this one and, probably like you, have been a spectator for a long time before I joined. And like I said, if you couldnt find any info on the product, then why did you buy it jackass? You have no reason to complain about a product or a company since you were buying a product in the dark. Mental infancy? Grow up dude, seriously. I made a reference to JDM because I'm refering to your likely ricer heritage and want to buy a part just because of a label. Go to one of your other lame boards and cry there, we don't want people like you here.

P.S: If you've been "working on cars since I was in 5th grade" then start acting your age.
Old 08-01-2004, 12:30 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

edelbrock makes a d-series manifold... it has recieved rave reviews from the people who have purchased it
Old 08-01-2004, 12:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by eg1R &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

What research ? there are no threads I could find here or on any other board before I bought and it does say RIGHT ON THERE SITE fits 93-97 Del Sol FITS d15B7

it also says right on the box

In order for this to fit I would have to break alot of CARB rules which means this could never possibly get carb approval as they say is pending

It's neither mine nor any customers resposibility to make claims by the manufacturer true it's thier job.

they also claim ISO 9002 certification, however such issues would never pass

I will however remeber never to buy anything from either of you since you would then feel that even if you make a bunk claim it's sold as is

</TD></TR></TABLE>
Hey buddy since you have been working on cars for so long then i would have hoped that you would know a lil bit more about a product befor you buy. Me for example never buy something that just came out im not going to be a guinea pig for the manufacture. And as far as not buying anything from me because i would say as is. Thats right i would let you know about what im selling and then see if you still wanted it. What would you want a 45 day warranty on something? hat is used? And i said that i hope that everything works out for you, but now i hope that your car catches on fire from a fuel leak, because you installed something wrong and that you frive off a cliff into a lake and get eattin by sharks and ran over by a boy, you sorry sack of ****. get a life. and get over it.
Old 08-01-2004, 12:32 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Revolver &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Yeah, good one. Since when does age have anything to do with experience or knowledge? Who cares if you're a member of other boards? You just joined this one and, probably like you, have been a spectator for a long time before I joined. And like I said, if you couldnt find any info on the product, then why did you buy it jackass? You have no reason to complain about a product or a company since you were buying a product in the dark. Mental infancy? Grow up dude, seriously. I made a reference to JDM because I'm refering to your likely ricer heritage and want to buy a part just because of a label. Go to one of your other lame boards and cry there, we don't want people like you here.

P.S: If you've been "working on cars since I was in 5th grade" then start acting your age.</TD></TR></TABLE>

just shut up man, you keep on making yourself look more and more like an idiot. you have a whopping 27 posts, so we can all tell you are incredibly knowledgeable.
Old 08-01-2004, 12:36 PM

Default Re: !#@$% DIE EVIL JUNK2 D SERIES IM (soccaian)

How do you figure that I keep making myself look like an idiot? Like I said, I've been a spectator, number of posts doesnt mean anything wise ***.
Old 08-01-2004, 12:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by soccaian &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

just shut up man, you keep on making yourself look more and more like an idiot. you have a whopping 27 posts, so we can all tell you are incredibly knowledgeable. </TD></TR></TABLE>
Number of post and time on a board really dose not measure someones knowledge. I have to agree on what he said about being a spectator for a while then comeing on the board and joining. alot of us started that way. I know i did.
Old 08-01-2004, 12:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

wow mines fit perfect.

edit: never mind, you are dealing with a Dinky series motor.
Old 08-01-2004, 12:41 PM

Default Re: !#@$% DIE EVIL JUNK2 D SERIES IM (b cruz)

Hey now, nothing wrong with his motor. D-series are excellent.
Old 08-01-2004, 12:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I know... I have a few rotting away in my back yard
Old 08-01-2004, 12:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: !#@$% DIE EVIL JUNK2 D SERIES IM (b cruz)

I read a few threads comparing the Skunk2 and y8 mani's...I opted for the y8 after reading some complaints...hope you get your stuff figured out
Old 08-01-2004, 12:46 PM
non

Default Re: !#@$% DIE EVIL JUNK2 D SERIES IM (sohcvtec1995)

I'm sorry but what exactly more should I need than a posted claim by a manufacturer

the supposed knowledge of a 3 y/o web board poster who by most accounts probably paid someone else to do his work anyway, and even if he did'nt obviuosly has no personnal knowledge of the subject himself and yet keeps talking

I've protoyped products for AN-R DC AEM VIS Versus JG Engine Dynamics Neuspeed Tanabe Techtom and Drag RS Akimoto RS-R and Bec Tech and in all cases there protoypes were nowhere even remotely similar to the experience I've had with a production piece from Junk2

And likely ricer heritage - WTF you are an idiot

BTW since I no longer work for one of the board sponsors I traded SN's if you want to see how many posts or how long I've been a member here I can start a thread ~ but getting owned like a skinny inmate probably won't make you any wiser
Old 08-01-2004, 12:46 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by sohcvtec1995 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
Number of post and time on a board really dose not measure someones knowledge. I have to agree on what he said about being a spectator for a while then comeing on the board and joining. alot of us started that way. I know i did.</TD></TR></TABLE>

understood... i just kinda figure that if you've been here for that long, you would have contributed a little bit more. know what i mean?
Old 08-01-2004, 12:52 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

15 second car fight !!!
Old 08-01-2004, 12:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by soccaian &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

understood... i just kinda figure that if you've been here for that long, you would have contributed a little bit more. know what i mean?</TD></TR></TABLE>
Yea but i mean what all can i say? He is pretty much doing the right thing on contacting the manufatuer and trying to get money back or a replacement product. And just cause it did not work for him dose not mean that it is a peice of junk.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by eg1R &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I'm sorry but what exactly more should I need than a posted claim by a manufacturer
the supposed knowledge of a 3 y/o web board poster who by most accounts probably paid someone else to do his work anyway, and even if he did'nt obviuosly has no personnal knowledge of the subject himself and yet keeps talking
</TD></TR></TABLE>
Actually i do my own istalls just like i pay for my own products. And if i told you that if you bolt this on you will run 10's are you going to beleive me? just cause i am a big manufatuer? i mean come on this is where common sense comes into play. I mean you live you learn and you die. get over it and like i said befor i hope that everything works out for you. And honestly i could careless about how many post that you have, or how long you have been here, cause there is always someone out there that is going to know a lil bit more info than you. and who knows it could be a 12 year old kid.
Old 08-01-2004, 12:55 PM

OK, im happy for you. But, if you've done so much prototype testing, then I would think that you would know better then to just trust the manufacturers claims. And like I said, number of posts doesnt mean anthing. You could have a thousand posts of back and forth like you're doing right now. Thats supposed to mean you know everything? And like Sohcvtec, I hope it works out. Maybe even though you've done so much testing, this will be the time that you dont always trust claims about a product.
Old 08-01-2004, 12:58 PM
non

Like I said this is not a protoype piece it's a production piece, had I had problems with any of the others they would have fixed or replaced them, there is no way Skunk2 ever had this manifold on my car and still call it bolt on, I'm not going to believe if they say it makes 50 billion HP but when I buy DC stuff and AEM it does fit with little difficulty

I have not spoken to Skunk yet since I spent all weekend figuring out what actually making it work might cost, it's gonna be alot of custom which I really don't need on this particular car

Luckily I'm a reseller and have built up an excellent reputation with my distributor over the last 6 years that I have been working for myself, so I will simply explain the sitch to them and hopefully get credit on another brand

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: !#@$% DIE EVIL JUNK2 D SERIES IM

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: