Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

====IAB's and Other sensors====

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2005, 01:58 PM
I hate rap music

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ====IAB's and Other sensors====

Allrite guys what up, here the situation. I have a 99 ex that used to be auto and now in manual.
I purchased a JDM obd1 gsr swap.
I am using the obd2 harness on the obd1 motor with obd2-1 conversion harness going to obd1 jdm p72.

**How do i wire up the IAB's? most info iv found is for EG's etc.?

**IAT
I know that i will have to convert from the 3 pin plug to the 2 pin plug. I sthat correct?

** Do i have to do anything with the CFK or just leave it unplugged??

**IAC Valve
Well sense it used to be automatic it has the 3 pin plug, so im going to put on a 2 pin plug. Correct??

***FIT Valve (Fast idle Thermo)
Do i have to connect this?
EDIT:I read that that is only on auto's, so i should need it.

***IAB (secondary butterfly's)
How do i wire them up,keep in mind obd1 motor,obd2 harness, obd2 to 1 conversion harness into obd1 ecu
I heard somewhere you can unhook the evap or something and use that plug? or i could just put in an extra plug i have and just wire it to the harness correct? what wires?

I think thats all the questions i have for now, Thanks for all your help guys, appreciate it.

-Dan

Modified by spoonie_GSR at 12:25 AM 8/18/2005
Old 08-17-2005, 03:26 PM
I hate rap music

Default Re: ====IAB's and Other sensors==== (spoonie_GSR)

bump
Old 08-17-2005, 03:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I typed in IAB in the Search button and POOF out came 198 results. Start from there.
Old 08-17-2005, 04:12 PM
I hate rap music

Default Re: ====IAB's and Other sensors==== (Lord Helmet)

Allrite lord helmet, i knew id get the usual flame from some of the stupid memebers. So did i, would you like me to ******* take a Screen shot of all the links ive clicked on? Why dont you shut your prissy little mouth if you dont have any information? Everything i found was for people using obd1 harness'es etc, alls i wanted was a little bit of help and confirmation.

Modified by spoonie_GSR at 3:00 AM 8/18/2005
Old 08-17-2005, 05:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by spoonie_GSR &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Allrite lord helmet, i knew id get the usual flame from some of the stupid memebers. So did i, would you like me to ******* take a Screen shot of all the links ive clicked on? Why dont you shut your prissy little mouth if you dont have any information? Everything i found was for people using obd1 harness'es etc, alls i wanted was a little bit of help and confirmation.

Modified by spoonie_GSR at 1:52 AM 8/18/2005</TD></TR></TABLE>

Listen you little **** no where did I even came close to flaming you. If you bothered to get your head out of your *** and used the FAQ links above in the civic forum and Hybrid forum you will see all the info you need. It's too bad you're too ******* lazy to SEARCH on your own and get the info but would rather be SPOON fed by others.

Modified by Lord Helmet at 6:25 PM 8/17/2005
Old 08-17-2005, 05:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i think that we should start spoon feeding people who do this with bad information. that'll teach em.

ps. i know yours isnt as bad as some

also, why didnt you just get an obd-2 swap instead, that way all you need is a conversion harness. thats what i did. easy as beating a single cam.
Old 08-17-2005, 06:06 PM
I hate rap music

Default Re: (freakasis)

Allrite well you must have missed the fact that i said, i did a search, typed in iab and looked through every link in the first two pages, none of the posts applied to what im doing. They were eather with obd2 harnesses, obd2 ecus or something of hte sort. Alls it was was a simple question, ive been around these forums for along time. I know not to ask questions before searching.

ok just went though the first page of FAQ's, for the second time.Didn't find anytning besides that image with switching the 3 plug to two plug. Which i knew the answere too i was just looking for a conformation by someone who had allready done it.

hmm second page didn't have **** besides people tlaking about scan tools.

ok im done, now for a little help please? its alot easyer to just help rather than argue.
Old 08-17-2005, 06:08 PM
I hate rap music

Default Re: (spoonie_GSR)

And excuse me Lord Helmet, Or darth, or whoever the **** you are, dont talk to me about lazy. I guarentee you in my 21 years of being alive i have went more places and done more things then you. on a DAILY bases. Way to treat military folk huh?
I fight for you, lol
you make me sick, go play with your luke skywalker and darth vader action figures.
Old 08-17-2005, 06:09 PM
I hate rap music

Freak, I agree it would have been 10 times easyer to get the obd2 gsr swap, but i came across a great deal on a jdm obd1 gsr through steve at hmotors.
Old 08-17-2005, 06:09 PM
95DxSi-R2

wow
Old 08-17-2005, 07:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

yeah i have an obd-2 teg and im putting a gsr in there frmo hmotors, i just went with the obd-2. since im gonna keep it mostly stock and wont need to tune it. but if i every do it will be obd-1. good luck.
Old 08-17-2005, 07:32 PM
I hate rap music

Yea one of the main reasons we went obd1 as well is to run uberdata
Old 08-18-2005, 12:18 PM
I hate rap music

wow, Dan thanks for using my screen name for asking these questions....
Old 08-18-2005, 02:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by spoonie_GSR &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">And excuse me Lord Helmet, Or darth, or whoever the **** you are, dont talk to me about lazy. I guarentee you in my 21 years of being alive i have went more places and done more things then you. on a DAILY bases. Way to treat military folk huh?
I fight for you, lol
you make me sick, go play with your luke skywalker and darth vader action figures.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Listen BOOT I was leading a platoon of Marines in the fields of Somalia, Bosnia, and Korea while you're mom was still whipping your nose so don't patronize me about the military.

You're still a moron for getting a auto and then swapping it to manual and finally to add the icing the cake swapping it back to OBD1. All that money you "SAVED" will end up costing you more for extra parts you have to buy. I guess all those time you spent going to more places then me sure didn't make you any smarter
Old 08-18-2005, 03:10 PM
I hate rap music

Im going to go ahead and let people know this..

I am not the one posting this stuff.. it is a friend of mine named Dan. I am logged in over at his house, and he does not have an account.. so its not me.
Old 08-18-2005, 03:34 PM

wow.
give respect, get respect.
.... who doesnt understand?
Old 08-18-2005, 03:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by spoonie_GSR &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Im going to go ahead and let people know this..

I am not the one posting this stuff.. it is a friend of mine named Dan. I am logged in over at his house, and he does not have an account.. so its not me.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Then I apologize then for your friend's stupidity.
Old 08-18-2005, 04:13 PM
I hate rap music

thanks man !
Old 08-18-2005, 05:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

sorry spooney i forgot that it was still on your name. Anyways. listen helmet man, its not my car, im helping a friend who doesn't know that much about hondas do it, he bought the motor himself and i agreed to help him out with the install sense he isn't very mechanically inclined. Notice how i have no posts? I never post here, only on homemadeturbo and hondaswap. Becuase of all the people who have bad attitudes here. I honostly did search ALOT before i asked this question. Most of the posts i found eather didn't match up with what eachother were saying or it was not for the platform I am working with. I would appreciate that if you want to be a wise *** anymore, go ahead and PM me please? Thanks, Now can someone help me out?

EDIT: I did not say that o dont post here becuase there is no good info here, before helmet jumps to conclusions. I simply dont post here becuase of what I am dealing with rite now. I do frequest H-T every day because there is a vast amount of knowledge here, as well as a vast ammount of cockyness.
Alot of you are giving H-T a bad name becuase of it, i have meant tons of people that say they dont post on HT becuase of some people, but they do read alot on it. Thats all, I would just appreciate a little help more than anything.