Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

*UPDATE* On my Emission ticket!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2003, 08:31 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default *UPDATE* On my Emission ticket!!!

https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=441392

I just got a mail from the Superior Court for my ticket recently on Emission. The bail amount is listed as $363.00. Then it says like all my other notices from the court,

"To clear this citation you must pay the bail amount listed above. This can be done by calling.....and paying by credit card.....This citation must be paid on or before the due date..."

So my question NOW is, can I just pay the bail amount and don't even go to the state referee station even though it had a sticker on back of my ticket "State Certification required..no officer sign off" Please help me once again!!!
Old 04-01-2003, 08:47 PM

Default Re: *UPDATE* On my Emission ticket!!! (EM1b16a)

i would call the court tomorrow and make sure, but when you said sticker on the back of the ticket, which ticket?? the one that the cop gave you or the ticket in the mail?? if you got a it when the officer gave it to you, you should have nothing to worry, just the pay the ticket you got in the mail. i am pretty sure that your ticket from the court did not say "SHOW UP IN COURT", or STATE REF. REQUIRE. If it does not, then your lucky. but then again i could be wrong. call the court tomorrow because they are the ones to clear your tickets on the computer
Old 04-02-2003, 07:52 AM
Banned

Default Re: *UPDATE* On my Emission ticket!!! (SymphonyX)

thanks for the info....and the sticker was on the back of ticket that the officer wrote.
Old 04-02-2003, 08:06 AM
Honda-Tech Member

some of the folks said that you can just pay and get this **** over with

to them seems like they were right
Old 04-02-2003, 12:03 PM
Banned

Default Re: *UPDATE* On my Emission ticket!!! (sshaikh01)

hm...i haven't had a chance to call the court and i rather just go in and ask them. But in the meantime, does anyone really know if you could just pay it off? This happened with my exhaust ticket and I just paid the bail amount of $77 and didn't even bother changing my exhaust. oh and on my notice letter from the court, it says Bail Amount: 363.00 p What does that "p" stand for?
Old 04-02-2003, 12:44 PM

Dude just pay for the ticket, so they won't hassle you. Don't overly expose the problem, I am scared man. What city did you get the ticket in?
Old 04-02-2003, 05:20 PM

dude, your lucky, just pay for your ticket, the officer can't change **** on the computer, only the court will. go to the court in westminster, by sam ash, the people there are really cool about **** like this. its on beach blvd. towards H.B. usally the court tells you what you have to do. and they said pay your fine and thats what you do. its like paying for fix it tickets on exhaust. and tell you yhe truth bro, i think you just got busted for the exhaust ONLY, and the cop said to go to the ref to get the decipals so you can fight it in court or some ****. thats was probaly happen, but then again, they did check everything and took pictures. maybe the cops are doing this to scare us , but i will never sell my **** or take anything out
Old 04-02-2003, 06:30 PM
Banned

I have to go to the Torrance court. So you think if i paid for the ticket, my insurance would go up? So I could just pay it and it would be all good?
Old 04-02-2003, 06:33 PM
Future Texas Boy

Do your homework.

From what I hear, if you just pay the ticket, you have to be smogged every year for 5 years or something. You are basically admitting to being a gross polluter.

Ryan
Old 04-02-2003, 06:36 PM

I have to go to the Torrance court. So you think if i paid for the ticket, my insurance would go up? So I could just pay it and it would be all good?
well this 'offense' of yours is NOT a moving violation, your notice has no mention of traffic school and what not.
my suggestion is:
go pay off the ticket itself, in cash at the torrance court (since you say you have to go to the torrance court), after you pay the cash, i guess that will be it. just play it off like and say 'thats it?' and then if the clerk you paid the money to says 'yep thats it.' then ur off scott free.
dont complain about the fine i guess if they let you off, just PAY DAMMIT

LOL
this is a good post cause i live near torrance too, and would like to know the steps if this happens to me. (hope it doesnt)
Old 04-02-2003, 06:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I dont think it will go up cause the paper that they mailed you said to just pay it right? So i would think its like a fix-it ticket and i dont think your insurance goes up on those, at least mine didnt. Sorry to hear what happened. Good luck.
Old 04-02-2003, 06:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: *UPDATE* On my Emission ticket!!! (vtecvoodoo)

My friend got sent to the ref. and she just payed the fine I don't know if they are going to make her smog the car for 5 years in a row. I'll ask here tomorrow
Old 04-02-2003, 09:30 PM
Banned

Default Re: *UPDATE* On my Emission ticket!!! (tmkpres)

my friend showed me two of his notice letters from the court. One letter for his no proof of insurance which the bail amount said "693.00 A" and the second one was for no registration which read "SEE BELOW" and it had some directions. So I'm guessing i could just pay the stupid fine and get it over with. HOWEVER, my bail amount said "363.00 P" and the letter P really bugs me so I think i'm going to go down there tomorrow or so and set everything straight. I will keep you guys posted.
Old 04-02-2003, 10:23 PM

So you think if i paid for the ticket, my insurance would go up? So I could just pay it and it would be all good?
You must call your local DMV info center first. Ask them if any points come with it which i doubt this does because it wasn't a moving violation. And then call your insurance provider and simply ask.
Old 04-03-2003, 10:06 AM
Banned

Default Re: *UPDATE* On my Emission ticket!!! (98Hatch00)

I just got off the phone with the Torrance Court. They said that I could just the bail amount and I am good to go. I asked them if it would go on my insurance record and they said it wouldn't. only moving violations do. So basically the bail amount is the fine for the emission. I told the lady the situation about the ticket and she said I would be fine if I just pay it.
Old 04-03-2003, 10:27 AM

too bad you sold the motor!!!!
Old 04-03-2003, 12:03 PM
Banned

lol yes i know, but I just got myself a '00 JDM ITR longblock
Old 04-03-2003, 12:14 PM

well i didnt read the other posts, but yes you can just pay the bail without going to ref, ive done it and a personel friend of mine did that twice. i think the 3rd time around you have to see ref. On the other hand another personel friend of mine went to court and lied about having everything fixed without seeing a ref and had his bail amount lowered from 400 to 100 something. either way you have to pay
Old 04-03-2003, 02:23 PM

lol yes i know, but I just got myself a '00 JDM ITR longblock
you will love the motor. my friend put one in his hatch, and did a little mods, and the motor got *****!! he totally beat me at the track, but his day will come in 2 months when i am done with my motor.
Old 04-03-2003, 05:04 PM
Banned

you will love the motor. my friend put one in his hatch, and did a little mods, and the motor got *****!! he totally beat me at the track, but his day will come in 2 months when i am done with my motor.
What motor are you building? Also thanks for all the helpful responses to my post.
Old 04-03-2003, 06:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

hey thats good news for you then. for the jdm 00' longblock.
Old 04-07-2003, 04:53 PM

What motor are you building? Also thanks for all the helpful responses to my post.
Skunk 2 camshafts stage 2,manifold, cam gears, valves,valves springs, ret.,STR throttle body,port and polish head,CTR overbored pistons,knife edge crank shaft,CFR crankshaft pully,AEM PLUG AND PLAY ecu, and other ****. should be done next month
Old 04-07-2003, 05:10 PM

i had an 88 hatch and pretty much everything on the car/motor was jdm with no carb numbers. i was running no cat and 1000000 other things that would have gotten me fucked if a ref or any cop who knows his **** would have looked.
all the ****** wrote me a ticket for was my intake saying it had no carb numbers on it. and gave me a ticket to call to see the ref.
iknew id never pass and it was too much trouble to put the car back to stock so i sold it (could have cleared the ticket but this was like the 14th or 15th ticket in 1 month). but i cleared the ticket. in court asked why i didnt go to the ref i said i sold it. even if i didnt go to court i could have not gone to the ref.. the ticket that came in the mail was for no smog pump. i guess thats what no carb number is. same **** as not running a smog pump (jdm engines dont anyways) so it was like 150$ ticket i think, but i went to court to try and get it fully dropped and i even took a pic of my engine and everything with my intake on it (dc) with dcs phone number and proof it is a carb legal intake. basically the judge said even if it has a sticker it doesnt mean its legal.. i was like wtf.. hes like any joe schmo in santa ana can put a stixcker on a tube and say its carb legal.. i was getting really pissed cause i had like all the proof i needed that my **** was legit.. and then hes all but ill drop the ticket anyway.. so i was like aight.
but one thing learned is cops and judges do whatever the **** they want.
thats why i kiss major *** now, its gotten me out of alot of ****. ive vbeen pulled over going 100 in a 60 in irvine (known for dick cops) and as he walked up to my car after he pulled me over. was tapping on the lexan windows like wow its a race car. looking at my tach and no interior like wow **** this things pretty fast. just slow it down ok. and let me go.. i was like wtf..
Old 04-07-2003, 05:23 PM

Default Re: *UPDATE* On my Emission ticket!!! (drunknbass)

i had an 88 hatch and pretty much everything on the car/motor was jdm with no carb numbers. i was running no cat and 1000000 other things that would have gotten me fucked if a ref or any cop who knows his **** would have looked.
all the ****** wrote me a ticket for was my intake saying it had no carb numbers on it. and gave me a ticket to call to see the ref.
where did you get your ticket from?? newport beach?? i got pulled over by them last easter and he told me that i would have gotten busted for 6 things. but he asked if he can search my car, and i let him and i was nice to him and told the truth. (newport beach knows **** about hondas) and he knew that my motor was illegal. well, he said since you didn't give me anyshit and answer all my questions i am going to let you go, because you will be pulled over again for this stuff. but if a cop is going to be a dick right off the bat, then i will be a dick.
Old 04-07-2003, 05:53 PM

the cop that gave me the ref ticket was in lake forest.
but unless they write the ticket for the actual engine i think you can get outta them by paying a fine. i was pulled over in la (dont remeber exact area) and they almost towed my car away becasue there was no vin number on my engine and he was saying its probably stolen or someshit and that this is out of a 94 del sol and its not stock in the car and is illegal. and how did i afford to buy this 5000$ engine and a bunch of other **** he pulled out of his ***. only reason he let me go was because he said the ref was in sac. and he didnt want to have to go to court or someshit to follow up on this.
i guess it was my lucky day cause he was training some chick cop thats why he was being a superdick... but thats where i learn.. my car now is going to have carbs on everything. and all paperwork in the glovebox. nice normal looking exhaust. everything legal so when im asked to pop my hood i can say no. and know they dont have **** on me. i would have said no before but if they did anyway they could tow my car saying "this could be a stolen motor" becasue its jdm. and im going to ref my gsr motor as soon as i drop it in and hook up a smog pump and all that **** so i can get a nice little sticker so in the future when im pulled over i can show the cops and tell them to eat ****