Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

*PiX* New manifold, tb, intake & other updates *PiX* 56k hell

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2003, 09:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default *PiX* New manifold, tb, intake & other updates *PiX* 56k hell

Well my last thread got hardly any replies, and I took some pics of my new goodies.

I had to use longer studs in the head to compensate for the thicker intake manifold gasket. I'm still having issues with the throttle cable sticking a little bit, and not having a smooth operation at the beginning. Either way. Here are some pix and some updates I did along the way.

Here's two pix of the manifold, tb, and intake.

This is what I had to do to get the cable to line up. The bracket for the cable had to be shifted one hole to the left, and I'm having issues with the cable.

Looks like there is a lot of play in the cable still. I tightened it up harder today and it sorta feels like it's sitting better. Don't know...

Here's a pic to show how much loner studs I installed into the head for the manifold. The old studs were just too short.

I removed my power steering a few weekends ago, and here's some updated shots to show how much crap I removed that went for the power steering.

JDM light weight ac mount and my jim fab traction bars can be seen in the picture also

No more power steering resevoir. No more the lines for the resevoir or high pressure lines from the pump. Removed the bracket for the pump also. The power steering cooler lines are all gone to the junk yard. Dropped over 35 lbs if you factor in how much heavier the power steering rack is from the manual rack. All the weight was removed from the front of the car so I lost it at a good place too.

When I put the manual steering rack in I put on some new tie rod ends. Really worth it, too bad they didn't come with new nuts I had to reuse my old nuts for the tie rod ends.

Removed the stereo, speakers, and the harnasses in the doors. Also slapped in the radio block off plate.

I'll post up pictures of the CTR N1 pulley when I do that hopefully this coming up weekend.

More pix here, but I posted a majority in the thread already.

If anyone has some tips on the cable I'm open for any suggestions. This is the only problem I'm having with the whole setup. So irritating too!
Old 08-09-2003, 09:29 AM

Default Re: *PiX* New manifold, tb, intake & other updates *PiX* 56k hell (Bumnah)

I love your car mang. Function over fashion at at's finest. However, I'm sure it will be sexy when its painted.
Old 08-09-2003, 09:30 AM

u gonna remove that tar paper too?
Old 08-09-2003, 09:35 AM

Default Re: (VeganHatchGeek)

nice pics

looks like a good performer
Old 08-09-2003, 09:39 AM

if you are going to use the N1 pulley. why did you waste your money on the AC bracket?
Old 08-09-2003, 09:45 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: *PiX* New manifold, tb, intake & other updates *PiX* 56k hell (Bumnah)

the pic of your dash makes me want to sneeze.
Old 08-09-2003, 10:02 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (Damon)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Damon &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">if you are going to use the N1 pulley. why did you waste your money on the AC bracket?</TD></TR></TABLE>

It's not a waste

The a/c bracket is still a mount. Unless you want excessive motor movement under load, I'd recommend running one.
Old 08-09-2003, 10:10 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: *PiX* New manifold, tb, intake & other updates *PiX* 56k hell (chainsaw)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by chainsaw &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">the pic of your dash makes me want to sneeze.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I was thinking the same thing...

Nice car... Show more pics wher it's done.
Old 08-09-2003, 10:51 AM

Default Re: *PiX* New manifold, tb, intake & other updates *PiX* 56k hell (EVIL Hx Coupe)

what kind of intake mani is that??
Old 08-09-2003, 02:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: *PiX* New manifold, tb, intake & other updates *PiX* 56k hell (korenthian)

I am going to remove the tar from inside the car. That's on my list of things to do.

I'm actually thinking about gutting the whole dash and just putting the shell back on.

As for the manifold. it's a Skunk2 manifold port matched to the throttle body. The throttle body is 70 mm tapered to 68 mm...