Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

**CRASHED I NEED HELP!!!** San Diego PPL need ur help!

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2006, 08:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default **CRASHED I NEED HELP!!!** San Diego PPL need ur help!

---STORY--- skip this for the technical stuff

hello everyone, lemme give a downlow really quick in how this all happend well fisrt off my second day in San Diego and my 1st day of school. Oh yes it was a Great day i go to the Art Institute SD and i looove it so much. really awsome school, newho after a good day at school its time to go home. so im driving home and traffic is bad as usual in SD it was [5 to 15] MPH traffic not driving fast newho i was driving not sure how fast again [5-15] and while driving my seatbelt fastend u kno how it gets stuck and u cant move so i looked down to fix it and i guess at that moment the guy in front hit his breaks hard and i fixed my belt which took a second and when i looked up BOOOM!! i hit the dude...i have a 97 civic coupe my ***** fuuucked up other driver had a xc-90 which is like a brick wall (volvo worlds safest car) well nothing happend to his car like nothing...i wish i took a pic of it..he had one minor dent looked like a lil rock hit and his plastic bumper was a lil scrapped mabye pushed in a lil and i mean a little. well its a volvo and even minimal work can be very expensive which im fearing...but more than that im concernd with my car....it looks DUNZO, but im being positive and i truly beilive that it looks worse than it really is. the reason i say that is because i dont have a front bumper by that i mean the steel bumper the real bumper not the plastic visual bumper...the reason beign i bought it that way w/out knowing until futher after the sale i guess the guy b4 me did it to shave weight. so without futher adu heres the after math!

---tech--

NOW i need help...i might have a new front end coming off a 00 black si if so im ok with the body cuz its blk and so is my car might not be the exact blk but itll do

IM in SD and dont know any mechanics...my engine still runs and i dont think its in to bad condition mechanically, but would like to have a mechanic look at it and install a ne radiator and ne thing else it might need.

My radiator supports also DONE and i think my frames bent a lil so i might need to have the frame bent back....

so basically i need to find a good mechanic in SAN DIEGO with good vouches and a body repair shop with good vouches in SAN DIEGO and for a fair price...im poor right now and ne money i had for living since im 18 and just moved away from home is now going to my car...and NO help from Parentals

this is the worst thing that could happen to me right now ne city thats hard to live in not to much money and now getting to school will be harder....i really need to get my car goin QUICK and get back on my feet and runing.

ON TO THE PICTURES

BEFORE
10 mins before the after pic......took this right before i left home from school next to a SI

AFTER

also what else am i going to need to buy or need to fix..ill try and get more detail pictures by today or tommorow...i think its just all new body parts new radiator and support and my frame bent back if needed....but not sure if theres alot more needed than that

plz give feedback and ppl from san deigo holler at me
Old 10-03-2006, 08:24 AM

Default Re: **CRASHED I NEED HELP!!!** San Diego PPL need ur help! (killakoupe)

ay Helder if you see this....dont say nething to neone and call me.
Old 10-03-2006, 08:29 AM
Honda-Tech Member

OMG. Hope your fine. Im guessing, Bumper, bumper cover, rad support, hood, both headligts, passenger side fender and thats all that I can see. Good luck bro.
Old 10-03-2006, 08:33 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Damn man it happens.... When i was driving through New York, just like you it was 5-10 miles traffic, moving real slow, and I was driving in my Honda Del Sol. Common problem with the del sol is that the targa top leaks in the early years 93-95. Well it was raining at the time and water was dripping onto my lap, i look up to try and find the leak so i can stick a paper towel up there to stop it or atleast slow it down (YES ITS GHETTO) but in that split second i rear ended the van infront, and yea it was like hitting a brick wall, she has no damage, and i had a dented hood, and a smash front bumper (fiberglass bodykit).

Looks like you need new fenders, hood, core suport, and front bumper, also the frame on the side infront of the fenders (where fenders and front bumper connect, needs to be fixed.

GOOD LUCK TO YOU BUDDY!
Old 10-03-2006, 08:36 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I would guess radiator, AC radiator, core support, bumper, front facia, hood, headlights, left fender, and the left unibody apron
Old 10-03-2006, 11:19 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Looks like mine used to. Had the frame pulled at the body shop and everything fixed for under 3 grand. With aftermarket stuff.
Old 10-03-2006, 11:35 AM

Default Re: (GiMpInThaCiv)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by GiMpInThaCiv &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Looks like mine used to. Had the frame pulled at the body shop and everything fixed for under 3 grand. With aftermarket stuff.</TD></TR></TABLE>

woow thats alot dude...i dont think ill be spending that much or at least i dont want to...with a whole new front 00 si already black it will be 300...so i wont need paiting er nething...and a raiator and radiator support will be 100-200 for both and another 50-100 for the fan...the only thing i dont know is how much pulling the frame will cost? and if theres any mechanical damage which i doubt cuz i turned my engine on and it sounded fine.
Old 10-03-2006, 11:41 AM
Honda-Tech Member

The part of the frame on mine that needed to be pulled was on the right driver side by the fender where the motor mount is connected to, it was pushed in. It costed me 1300 to get it pulled and everything installed including paint and my right fender and bumper brace.. Not the cost of the hood, headlights, bumper I guess i spent around 2400 to get it fixed.
Old 10-03-2006, 12:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

haha that sucks. A volvo pulled out in front of me from a dead stop while I was going 60mph and I rear ended it in my del sol. Fucked up my car and his was fine. Didn't file a claim because I didn't have insurance and his car was ok...damnit
Old 10-03-2006, 12:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (Jorsher)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Jorsher &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">haha that sucks. A volvo pulled out in front of me from a dead stop while I was going 60mph and I rear ended it in my del sol. Fucked up my car and his was fine. Didn't file a claim because I didn't have insurance and his car was ok...damnit</TD></TR></TABLE>

that'll learn ya. driving without insurance is moronic, and illegal...at least here in jersey. In NJ if you're pulled over and uninsured, they tow your **** to impound on the spot. Cops here can also run your plates and check for insurance/reg. everything is tied together through the DMV
Old 10-03-2006, 04:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'd say ur looking at 1500-2.5

There's definately frame damage there.
Old 10-04-2006, 08:40 AM

Default Re: (Syndacate)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Syndacate &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I'd say ur looking at 1500-2.5

There's definately frame damage there.</TD></TR></TABLE>

um i was working on taking the body parts off which was a bitch and my front neighbor i guess is a body man...he looked at it and said i got lucky no frame damage at all..so ill see how true that is soon.
Old 10-04-2006, 04:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (killakoupe)

Shop around. You could go risque and go south of the border. Probably save a buck or two. Only two of my friends have gone that route and their cars didn't come out half bad.

Me, I'm actually in search of a decent body shop myself. About the only shop i've heard decent things about is Goldcrest Auto. Google It. I stopped by their place twice. Took a little tour and their work seems right. Prices are fair. Wouldn't hurt to take a peak, hm?

As for Autoshops, I live down south, so places like Enginuity & Autotech are pretty familiar. And this is detailed enough as i'm going to go , PM me if you want more info.
Old 10-04-2006, 05:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

your car went from beauty to the beast
Old 10-04-2006, 05:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

well that sucks. good luck on your repairs
Old 10-04-2006, 06:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: **CRASHED I NEED HELP!!!** San Diego PPL need ur help! (lthao61)

sucks to hear. i just went through the same thing here in maine. it was 9/11, coming home from school and lady pulled out in front of me, i nailed her truck doin 25 mph. my car looked just like yours and her car had a small dent in the door. on my civic they're replacing both fenders, hood, front bumper, grill, rad support, frame work, etc like everyone else has stated. it was the other ladies fault, but still sucks. anyways, they quoted me at 5k, but i also went to the best place around here. hopefully you can find a cheaper place in SD. good luck and at least your ok
Old 10-04-2006, 07:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: (killakoupe)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by killakoupe &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">um i was working on taking the body parts off which was a bitch and my front neighbor i guess is a body man...he looked at it and said i got lucky no frame damage at all..so ill see how true that is soon.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Yeah get it checked out w/ a lazer frame machine - it can go either way.

I say the right rail is bent down a **** hair.
Old 10-04-2006, 08:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Syndacate)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Syndacate &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">... is bent down a **** hair.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Lol...
Old 10-04-2006, 09:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Wow that sucks.

Hey at least you weren't in my situation.
This is what happens when you hit a 93 Jeep Cherokee head on.

about 15 mph in bad weather on a bad curve that's had multiple wrecks before. I never go this way home from college anymore. By the way these pics were taken as we were salvaging the wheels. A bad storm cloud was looming over us so I had to take hasty pics.

Also be glad you weren't in that Mini Cooper's situation. That pic doen't show the front end. THat thing got annihalated.
Old 10-05-2006, 10:12 AM

Default Re: (Techy)

Holy F***'n **** eddie!!!! I didnt think anything of it, i just thought you were gonna do a 99-00 front end conversion........... woah!!
calling....
Old 10-05-2006, 10:36 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (M2nR22)

glad to see that your ok and good luck with everything
Old 10-05-2006, 11:23 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

glad you came out of the accident okay, but i'm confused... why are you doing all the work yourself and not having your insurance take care of everything? do you just have liability? if you want the motor looked at, contact loi song from http://www.sportcarmotion.com, he's known as h-t's "the tea father", he should be able to help you since you're a member on this board. as for the body, you could always take it to a body shop and get a written estimate for free...
Old 10-05-2006, 11:33 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Atheist &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I would guess radiator, AC radiator, core support, bumper, front facia, hood, headlights, left fender, and the left unibody apron</TD></TR></TABLE>
i personally dont think its toooo bad,, but need more pics to tell that..
my crash looked worse.. rear ended a benz compressor

and heres a good one where my friend got T boned by a F150
Old 10-05-2006, 11:33 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Del Sol SiR)

looks like the killa koupe got killed
Old 10-05-2006, 10:51 PM

Default Re: (dohcVTECeg2)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by dohcVTECeg2 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">looks like the killa koupe got killed </TD></TR></TABLE>

Shut Up PUNK!!!

Quick Reply: **CRASHED I NEED HELP!!!** San Diego PPL need ur help!