Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

***Where's All the Tech?***

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2003, 11:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default whats with all the 'tech'?

is it just me, or is this tech forum kinda going down the drain? i mean its cool every once in a while, but its kinda getting outta hand. a lot of stuff can me better discussed in the general discussion forum...

-wheel colors?
-many 'check out my ride' posts
-where do you live? posts

dont get me wrong, Im not hating on these posts...im making one now. In fact I like reading a majority of them, its just it seems a little unorganized lately. sorry if anyone disagrees
Old 06-19-2003, 11:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

agreed

less chatty-chat, more TECH y0!
Old 06-19-2003, 11:30 PM
ERA

Default Re: whats with all the 'tech'? (SleepyDX)

I TOTALLY agree, there needs to be a ricer bullshit section, sorry all but that's just how I feel.
Old 06-19-2003, 11:37 PM

Default Re: whats with all the 'tech'? (delslo26)

just my b.s. post....delete it if you want...so long as a few of us agree.
Old 06-20-2003, 04:04 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i agree as well, i'm getting sick of seeing some of the stupidity.
Old 06-20-2003, 04:08 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: whats with all the 'tech'? (sohc_boy)

I just skip the posts I am not interested in
Old 06-20-2003, 07:06 AM
Moe

Its a message board what do you expect?

It is bount to happen sooner or later.... every general fourm is flooded with the stupidest questions, its just the way things go.
Old 06-20-2003, 07:57 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: whats with all the 'tech'? (Moe)

let's not forget about the post about "help me decide on what exhaust to buy" "what's a classy sounding exhaust" "what's a quiet exhaust" omg... it's all the same.. DO A SEARCH and learn something.
Old 06-20-2003, 08:13 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: whats with all the 'tech'? (mugen76)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by mugen76 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">let's not forget about the post about "help me decide on what exhaust to buy" "what's a classy sounding exhaust" "what's a quiet exhaust" omg... it's all the same.. DO A SEARCH and learn something.</TD></TR></TABLE>

haha, I was just talking about that the other day. I don't know how many times we've reviewed the difference between the N1, World Sport, ES, etc. I think it needs to be a sticky for reference.
Old 06-20-2003, 08:59 AM
Risky Business

Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts
Default Re: whats with all the 'tech'? (Hybrid93Hatch)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Hybrid93Hatch &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I just skip the posts I am not interested in </TD></TR></TABLE>

same here...if theres a post you dont wanna read...skip it...you dont have to read everything
Old 06-20-2003, 09:21 AM
Former Moderator

Received 54 Likes on 29 Posts

Well this is such a tough thing to call IMO.

If everyone here truly felt like this, then why are there so many views and replies on non-tech topics these days?

If you see a title of a topic that you don't like, then SKIP it. If you have to read it, do NOT reply to it because it will push more noteworthy tech topics down to the bottom.

If a guy keeps posting lame topics and nobody even views it or replies then he might get the message. If he does not then trust me he will be dealt with.

I love tech. It's why I am here, but a nice mix of "check out my car" topics are necessary for all of us to feel like we belong here, and it gives us a chance to recognize each other by our cars.

Sometimes the best tech comes from some guy simply showing off his car, but honestly it's not too often these days.

I've been here for a pretty long time by now and don't you think I grow tired of the same type topics too? there's only so many "which swap to get" and "how do I put these brakes on my car" topics, so the new guys coming in and posting up their cars at LEASTp gives us some variety.

the bottom line is that both Keith (the other mod in here y0!) and I both need help from you guys if you want this forum to stay more tech-oriented. If you send a message by not viewing or replying to what you see as crap then if the masses agree then well, the forum will "slef clean" so to speak.

Makes sense?
Old 06-20-2003, 09:22 AM
Former Moderator

Received 54 Likes on 29 Posts
Default Re: whats with all the 'tech'? (B18C5-EH2)

BTW:

Excuse me for doing so, but I edited the title to attract more attention. If you don't like it i can change it back, but this way i think it will gather more interest.

Old 06-20-2003, 09:31 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Good point there Tom. I also think if we just HELP some of the newbies instead of bashing them, then they will also learn to just kinda sit back and read and search. Maybe prove to them that search does work and they will use it. Then their thread will die down and better topics will surface.

The occasional newbie bashing by such formitable persons as Voodoo are entertaining once in a while however!
Old 06-20-2003, 09:32 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by B18C5-EH2 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">the bottom line is that both Keith (the other mod in here y0!) and I both need help from you guys if you want this forum to stay more tech-oriented. If you send a message by not viewing or replying to what you see as crap then if the masses agree then well, the forum will "slef clean" so to speak.</TD></TR></TABLE>

thanks for the intro tom (even though i've been a mod here for a bit ).

one other thing i ask members to do is click the "report post to a moderator" button. it takes like 2 seconds and is 2-3 mouse clicks. if tom and i get these messages, we can deal with the posts ASAP.

if you guys want only tech related stuff, post here and tom and i will do our best to help out.

<u>note:</u> if you want a reference for how i "operate", check out the EF forum (even though tom thinks its too tech. )
Old 06-20-2003, 09:46 AM

Default Re: whats with all the 'tech'? (keithv)

I agree and disagree on this topic. I believe that the repetitive posts get annoying, but plenty of members already remind newbs to search quite frequently. The fact of the matter is that there will be "repeats" and such. Simply do what keithV said and report them to a mod so they can be moved to their respective forum. And Tom made an excellent point in which i know i am guilty of myself sometimes. By bashing somebody on a stupid topic, YOU ARE BUMPING THAT DUMBASS THREAD to the top. Just don't reply. And same goes for titles which aren't appealing, just don't look. Very good points made by moderators doing a fine job on this site IMO. Mike D
Old 06-20-2003, 09:51 AM
Honda-Tech Member

QUOTE: there's only so many "which swap to get" and "how do I put these brakes on my car" topics, so the new guys coming in and posting up their cars at LEASTp gives us some varietyQUOTE

True, variety is a good thing, especially when you're bored. I guess with the amount of people on HT, and the lighting fast speed that it moves (one of the things I really LOVE about HT ), you're bound to see the same thing a bunch of times (ie: what exhaust is quiet, etc) but I feel like the "what wheels should I buy?" type questions should be in the appearance forum, along with the "look what the UPS man brought me" posts, as those can be related to all HT'ers, not just Civic/Delly forum.
Old 06-20-2003, 10:35 AM
PSU
formerly DxHatchback

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Re: whats with all the 'tech'? (Hybrid93Hatch)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Hybrid93Hatch &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I just skip the posts I am not interested in </TD></TR></TABLE>

, and the stupidest post i've seen in here was, "who makes black wheels"
Old 06-20-2003, 10:37 AM
Future Texas Boy

By now, I think EVERYTHING has been covered
Old 06-20-2003, 10:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

you forgot to mention all the posts about rotas and fake parts