Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

***New members who wish to post a technical problem must read this thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2013, 06:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 44 Likes on 22 Posts
Default ***New members who wish to post a technical problem must read this thread

We are currently experiencing an unusually high number of threads created by primarily new members who have come here for help with a technical problem, who have provided insufficient information, and who have responded rudely, inappropriately, or inadequately to questions posted by helpful members.

This message is for new members (or even established members) who think it is acceptable to ask for technical help and then to ignore or out of hand discount posted questions and to waste the time of or post insulting remarks to members genuinely trying to help.

Let this stand as a formal warning that your threads will be locked or deleted if you exhibit this unacceptable behavior.

Last edited by Former User; 08-26-2013 at 08:42 PM.
Old 09-07-2013, 11:10 PM
Trial User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: ***New members who wish to post a technical problem must read this thread

Ok, I've read the post, I'm a new member and I sure do need to post some tech problems...To the best of my ability I promise to be polite and respectful at all times. I believe that manners and respect cost nothing extra and that being rude and disrespectful can sometimes be extremely expensive. Having said that... I NEED SOME HELP!!!
I got a 98 Honda civic ex that originally I would be driving down the road about 55 or 60 mph and it would just quit.. I'd coast to a stop, turn the ignition off, wiggle the key around a few times in the ignition, mess with the gear shifter a little bit (not having a clue as to what I was doing ) and after a few minutes it would start back up and off I'd go. I ultimately learned that when I had the cruise control on that it would die on me more often, but for a long time whenever I lost all power... an rolled it to a stop. I could do the above mentioned, let the car set for a few minutes and it would fire back up and I'd be good for another 50 to 75 miles. Then came the day when it died and has never risen again: It would turn over, and its getting fire, but it won't start Its not the timing belt, or crank shaft sensor or ignition fuse linkage.( I paid good money to find that out ) Last time I went out to try and turn it over... now it wont even do that Battery fully charged ,I turn the key over and hear the all the lights come on and I hear the beep beeps and ding dings...but the engine has ceased to even try and turn over. I have noticed that now when I have the key in the ignition and I turn it over ,that the automatic gear shifter on the floor remains locked in park...I'm fairly certain that's not normal. I'm told that its in the ignition or electrical, but I believed in Santa Claus too!!! and now don't have a clue about either one. Sure wish I was smarter than I am... or at least not so dumb. Can I get some help?
Old 09-14-2013, 09:10 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: ***New members who wish to post a technical problem must read this thread

mardonunlimited
Not sure of starting issues. but on my wifes camry i could not move out of park recently aftere it sat a few weeks. I found a blown fuse thankfully easy fix.
As for starting issue check for tight connections if you can wiggle battery terminal its not tight. sounds like more than 1 problem start simple work your way through it.
Good Luck
hondabot
Old 09-14-2013, 11:00 AM
The Grumpiest

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

This is not the place to post or respond to technical issues. All yo new people are just supposed to read it.
Old 09-23-2013, 05:08 PM
Trial User

I have owned (yes I have) 2 stock Si Civic Hatchbacks, a '89 and a '93. This was before they were as sought after as they are now. No mods whatsoever to either vehicle with the exception of a machined head on the '89 (warped head). Machined flat and gave me a compression boost! I recently purchased a '98 Civic EX D17Y8. All stock. I will make posts as to the progress of upgrades/horsepower increase etc. Glad to join a group of Honda-Lovers! -ToeCutter