Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

***Alright Damn it!!! the Flaming is Getting Out of Hand!!! Everyone Read***

Old 11-28-2002, 05:24 AM
Former Moderator

Received 54 Likes on 29 Posts
Default ***Alright Damn it!!! the Flaming is Getting Out of Hand!!! Everyone Read***

In light of seeing a lot of flaming in peoples' first posts I feel it's necessary to post this up. If you guys would read back through the forum guidelines that I posted up I specifically asked for everyone to be more respectful to each other.

6. The disrespectfulness to others in this forum needs to be eliminated. I see way too many threads go way off topic and get out of hand because someone feels the need to attack a memebr personally or simply just tell him or her that their idea or car or whatever is stupid, riceyEor whatever. IF YOU HAVE NOTHING CONSTRUCTIVE TO OFFER IN THE DISCUSSION THEN SIMPLY DO NOT POST. If the person is asking for it by being a dick, then by all means...
That's guideline number six in the sticky rules thread.

And here's another one:

9. If you're going to flame, then flame right. Add some tech info and not only flame them, but EDUCATE them so they won't get flamed again.
I have been guilty of flaming people on occasion, but in every case it was with good reason. Here's some of the reasons I flame:

1. Newbie trying to sell stuff with first post ever.

2. Member trying to sell something in multiple forums.

3. Liars. People who are just straight up lying.

4. Someone who posts a topic with the sole intention of starting a flamewar. Example? "Why is member X such an *******?"

5. Person that is spreading misinformation and acting arrogant about being "correct."

6. Someone who posts a topic with a picture of "rice" to make fun of.

There's some more that I cannot think of right now, but I can always add some more later.

I'm not saying that you all should adopt my standards or anything, but some of you are beginning to simply flame people here and not contribute anything more.

The only way this site will get better is to expand with a good group of new members. I see potential new members being driven away with other members dogpiling on them.

Some of you guys flaming people for no apparent reason are friends of mine, and I hate to be an *** about this but it really needs to stop.

I really don't want to post up links of prime examples of what I'm talking about - you guys probably know who you are and if you have any questions about it then you're probably guilty.

I won't make this a "flame this guy for flaming" thread, so if you have any questions please IM me - I will not discuss specific users in the public forum, and I hope none of you all do too.

All I ask is that this thread gets a "TTT" on occasion because I really hope I don't NEED to sticky this.

Thanks for reading, and please be kind to our newer members because lately I've not been seeing a lot of our core senior members.

Old 11-28-2002, 05:40 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: ***Alright Damn it!!! the Flaming is Getting Out of Hand!!! Everyone Read*** (B18C5-EH2)

well said
I think I have been guilty of flaming sometimes without a purpose... well to me.
Old 11-28-2002, 05:41 AM

Default Re: ***Alright Damn it!!! the Flaming is Getting Out of Hand!!! Everyone Read*** (B18C5-EH2)

you da man!
Old 11-28-2002, 05:45 AM
Former Moderator

Default Re: ***Alright Damn it!!! the Flaming is Getting Out of Hand!!! Everyone Read*** (Dark Halo)

Well I should add that there are a number of people deserving of a good flaming, but I'd have to say that lately most of it is unnecessary.

Save the hard flaming for those in need of it - use more discretion please, that's all I ask.

There's a thread in here somewhere where a guy had his car stolen and most of the members here flamed him and said he deserved it because he riced te car out.

That's total bullshit and I'm ashamed that that sort of thing happened in my section of the forum. I don't care if the guy spraypainted big dicks on the car, nobody deserves to have a car stolen because of their choice of mods - unless there are stolen parts on a car of course.

Old 11-28-2002, 06:00 AM

Save the hard flaming for those in need of it - use more discretion please, that's all I ask.
for the turkey
for the post, it is getting old...
Old 11-28-2002, 06:26 AM

Default Re: ***Alright Damn it!!! the Flaming is Getting Out of Hand!!! Everyone Read*** (E Prep)

too bad it will still go o in the other forums, but oh well.
Old 11-28-2002, 06:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: ***Alright Damn it!!! the Flaming is Getting Out of Hand!!! Everyone Read*** (DRAG lll INTEGRA)

Well I should add that there are a number of people deserving of a good flaming, but I'd have to say that lately most of it is unnecessary.
Save the hard flaming for those in need of it

this is BS guy.....you a mod nobody needs this crap your tring to keep the peace in here but still incouraging people to flame on other members....
Old 11-28-2002, 07:07 AM

Default Re: ***Alright Damn it!!! the Flaming is Getting Out of Hand!!! Everyone Read*** (HYBRIDHATCH92)

People simply need to relax, and stop tryin to impress everyone else. Some of the people on here are probably good people, but in attempting to get their name out there have to tear down the name of another. Its really not neccesary.

we all need to just be easy and chill. (passing the spliff)
Old 11-28-2002, 07:19 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: ***Alright Damn it!!! the Flaming is Getting Out of Hand!!! Everyone Read*** (thashadow)

thats my point....no member should be put down....but you have this guy up here telling people to save the flaming for people who need it......thats BS nobody needs it
Old 11-28-2002, 07:36 AM

Default Re: ***Alright Damn it!!! the Flaming is Getting Out of Hand!!! Everyone Read*** (HYBRIDHATCH92)

thats my point....no member should be put down....but you have this guy up here telling people to save the flaming for people who need it......thats BS nobody needs it
lol, very tru....

but mods aren't perfect, they aren't gods....but i understand how he should be objective, but i don't expect it..
Old 11-28-2002, 08:17 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: ***Alright Damn it!!! the Flaming is Getting Out of Hand!!! Everyone Read*** (black2kcivic)

well said
I think I have been guilty of flaming sometimes without a purpose... well to me.
yeah, me too probably, sorry, but heres a TTT for ya
Old 11-28-2002, 08:51 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: ***Alright Damn it!!! the Flaming is Getting Out of Hand!!! Everyone Read*** (hatchdrvr)

I agree... bump
Old 11-28-2002, 08:59 AM
Former Moderator

What is your point?

So you're telling me that nobody deserves to be flamed? Really?

What about the for sale spammers, or the guys who come in here acting like they know everything only to keep posting wrong answers to questions?

When I say "flame" I don't mean calling them names and crap like that, I mean smack them down with intelligent replies with factual info that will directly combat their stupidity so that there's not much need for cursing them out.

Some people need to be put in their place - this is a casualty of having a lot of different people on one MB.

If you don't like the way things are done then I encourage you to leave.

I'm not trying to give people a license to flame - I'm trying to stop 90% of it. Some if it is needed to weed out the obvious trolls, or simply to show hard headed people how things should be done in here.

You're allowed your opinion, but again if you don't like the site then why even post here then?

Old 11-28-2002, 09:05 AM
Former Moderator

Default Re: ***Alright Damn it!!! the Flaming is Getting Out of Hand!!! Everyone Read*** (thashadow)

but mods aren't perfect, they aren't gods....but i understand how he should be objective, but i don't expect it..

Usually I am very objective, but some crap cannot be tolerated. I'd rather tell someone how it is here than simply dock % points and/or ban him or her with no warning. Most of the time I am very restrained in my applications of smack on people in need of it.

Shall I link you some examples of "flaming" that I've done that really wasn't flaiming at all?

What is your definition of flaming guys? I guess we need to define it first, because the more I think of it I guess I rarely flame people - I just counter them and correct them.

The only people that I really lay into are the obvious **** starters and spamming for sale people who are here to only serve selfish selling needs.
Old 11-28-2002, 09:38 AM

why don't we just post a link to this thread whenever we see pointless flame-threads? I think a lot of BW could be cut down on over this entire site if people wouldn't make so many BULLSHIT posts. Peeps probably would not need to bump our threads so much either. Lame posting just causes the board to get out of hand.
Old 11-28-2002, 09:43 AM
Please don't hurt me!

There's a thread in here somewhere where a guy had his car stolen and most of the members here flamed him and said he deserved it because he riced te car out.

That's total bullshit and I'm ashamed that that sort of thing happened in my section of the forum. I don't care if the guy spraypainted big dicks on the car, nobody deserves to have a car stolen because of their choice of mods - unless there are stolen parts on a car of course.
\

THANK GOD some 1 said it
Old 11-28-2002, 09:45 AM
#1 Washington Commanders Fan

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: ***Alright Damn it!!! the Flaming is Getting Out of Hand!!! Everyone Read*** (oldskool_rex)

bump
Old 11-28-2002, 09:49 AM

Default Re: ***Alright Damn it!!! the Flaming is Getting Out of Hand!!! Everyone Read*** (oldskool_rex)

to this post. Flaming on this forum is getting old. Seems that the majority of this is towards new members. I cant even count how many times ive seen "you dont know ****, n00b" comments

TTT, even though its already there

Mike
Old 11-28-2002, 10:06 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: ***Alright Damn it!!! the Flaming is Getting Out of Hand!!! Everyone Read*** (Mike D)

I agree, I can't stand flamers either. If you have nothing nice to say then don't say it. I know a few out there get a kick out of it cause they can talk smack over the net but in real life, thier nothing but a mommas' boy.

If you want to start a war over it, then take it as a man and meet somewhere. Don't bother typing that so & so said this and you suck. Sometimes when I see this sometimes I wonder what they would do in a real life situation, lol, sit there and cry.

Again, this is one of the finest web board on the web to get enough knowledge about hondas, but as more and more of crap like dissing each other is a moron to the one who types.

Its amazing what people can't do with fingers but nothing else.

Respect as you wanted to get respect back.

Bert

TTT
Old 11-28-2002, 10:33 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: ***Alright Damn it!!! the Flaming is Getting Out of Hand!!! Everyone Read*** (SANBST)

If you have nothing nice to say then don't say it.

TTT

well said!
Old 11-28-2002, 10:47 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Well said
Old 11-28-2002, 10:49 AM

Default Re: ***Alright Damn it!!! the Flaming is Getting Out of Hand!!! Everyone Read*** (stuckatworksi)

Old 11-28-2002, 11:09 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Old 11-28-2002, 11:11 AM

Default Re: ***Alright Damn it!!! the Flaming is Getting Out of Hand!!! Everyone Read*** (MaRkO)

ttt
Old 11-28-2002, 11:17 AM

Default Re: ***Alright Damn it!!! the Flaming is Getting Out of Hand!!! Everyone Read*** (black2kcivic)

Amen Tom............I agree with you 100%, all any of us have ever wanted is to come on here and get honest answers or testimonials of the trials and tribulations we have all gone through with our cars.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: ***Alright Damn it!!! the Flaming is Getting Out of Hand!!! Everyone Read***