Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

********** HOW DO I INSTALL THIS **************

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2008, 04:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ********** HOW DO I INSTALL THIS **************

so i just ordered this and it didnt come with instructions. i already know that people say these are useless but i want to see for myself. it came with some ecu diagrams but non for a d16y8. btw its for a 1997 ex coupe.

please help since i took the time for pics.
Old 08-15-2008, 04:23 PM

Do not install that, sell it on ebay. Get a decent rom tune from your local dyno shop.
Old 08-15-2008, 04:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If it comes with a ecu diagram from another Honda, then just find an ecu pinout for the Y8 and match the pins.
ECU diagrams here -> http://technet.ff-squad.com/
Old 08-15-2008, 04:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: (CivicSpoon)

I'm assuming from the ricey aura it gives off that it's a VTEC controller.

VTEC controllers are for idiots that don't know how their engine works. You don't deserve instructions for it. The packager of that VTEC controller knew this when he took your money.

PS:
It's morons like you that give Honda owners a bad name - you don't even realize that you can't tune it based on your *** dyno .
Old 08-15-2008, 05:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Syndacate)

Old 08-15-2008, 05:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Syndacate &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I'm assuming from the ricey aura it gives off that it's a VTEC controller.

VTEC controllers are for idiots that don't know how their engine works. You don't deserve instructions for it. The packager of that VTEC controller knew this when he took your money.

PS:
It's morons like you that give Honda owners a bad name - you don't even realize that you can't tune it based on your *** dyno .</TD></TR></TABLE>

harsh. a friend had it on his old integra, and i liked it. plus it has a super cool vtec light.
Old 08-15-2008, 05:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (jhonda239)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by jhonda239 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

harsh. a friend had it on his old integra, and i liked it. plus it has a super cool vtec light.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Oh [freak]! It had a super cool VTEC light!? Holy jumping [freak]ing jesus - let me go out and buy one immediately!

(you and your friend are just as dumb as the OP)
Old 08-15-2008, 05:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

hahaha
Old 08-15-2008, 05:52 PM

Location: ....................................................................................................

whatever people do are to their own cars just be grateful you have your own
Old 08-15-2008, 06:09 PM

Hey Syndacate,
Did somebody whoop your *** playing X-Box today? Rather than sell Call of Duty 4 (COD), maybe you should marinade on that game for a while rather than trash some one who is simply asking a question. I know I'm new to HT but I've done plenty of research here about my car and usually you are quite helpful, AND I respect every bit of info you give concerning the car stuff but I think you owe someone an apology. That was a bit out of line.

Truly Your Noob (with only 3 posts),

Old 08-15-2008, 08:05 PM

WoW.. I want a super cool vtec light!!! Lol
Old 08-15-2008, 08:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (kozaki)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by kozaki &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Hey Syndacate,
Did somebody whoop your *** playing X-Box today? Rather than sell Call of Duty 4 (COD), maybe you should marinade on that game for a while rather than trash some one who is simply asking a question. I know I'm new to HT but I've done plenty of research here about my car and usually you are quite helpful, AND I respect every bit of info you give concerning the car stuff but I think you owe someone an apology. That was a bit out of line.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

wow dude you need to get out more. this is honda-tech no one gives apologys haha
Old 08-15-2008, 08:47 PM

Default Re: ********** HOW DO I INSTALL THIS ************** (jhonda239)

ok jhonda, before you waste your money you should have done some research on how VTEC works. even if you have the little controller, it doesnt change the air/fuel ratio required for the VTEC cam to work, so basically if you put that thing in right anyways, it will do nothing. so in black and white, that thing might switch the cam over but the cars computer is still going to send out the air/fuel ratio for the normal cam. game over, sell it to a youngster and claim it will make their car run 14's
Old 08-15-2008, 08:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i say give him instructions...let himself look like an idiot and he will learn from his own mistakes...So ppl just go through that phase before they actually realize the rice. He will then look back and see how stupid he was and flame everyone that tries the same things he did. lol
Old 08-15-2008, 10:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Syndacate &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I'm assuming from the ricey aura it gives off that it's a VTEC controller.

PS:
It's morons like you that give Honda owners a bad name - you don't even realize that you can't tune it based on your *** dyno .</TD></TR></TABLE>

So true it's not even funny, amen brotha.
Old 08-16-2008, 01:01 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (jhonda239)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by jhonda239 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">so i just ordered this and it didnt come with instructions. i already know that people say these are useless but i want to see for myself. it came with some ecu diagrams but non for a d16y8. btw its for a 1997 ex coupe.

please help since i took the time for pics. </TD></TR></TABLE>
men dont pay attention to this haters ....while they pay 500 bux to dyno and tune their cars u pay 38 bux and 18 for a chip and u'll run better
Old 08-16-2008, 01:07 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (kozaki)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by kozaki &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Hey Syndacate,

</TD></TR></TABLE>

I don't play xbox live.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by racerxh00 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">ok jhonda, before you waste your money you should have done some research on how VTEC works. even if you have the little controller, it doesnt change the air/fuel ratio required for the VTEC cam to work, so basically if you put that thing in right anyways, it will do nothing. so in black and white, that thing might switch the cam over but the cars computer is still going to send out the air/fuel ratio for the normal cam. game over, sell it to a youngster and claim it will make their car run 14's</TD></TR></TABLE>

C'mon - don't bother trying to explain it to him. He wants to turn the VTAKCH up to "mad-[freak]ing-high" - he doesn't care about any of that unimportant stuff like timing, fuel tables, and A/F ratios.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 92VXeg &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i say give him instructions...let himself look like an idiot and he will learn from his own mistakes...So ppl just go through that phase before they actually realize the rice. He will then look back and see how stupid he was and flame everyone that tries the same things he did. lol</TD></TR></TABLE>

Unfortunately I know you're right. They gotta learn 'emselves...can't tell them anything.

I'll admit that I'm not being diplomatic about it, but I'm not lying to him, either.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by gsrpedro &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
men dont pay attention to this haters ....while they pay 500 bux to dyno and tune their cars u pay 38 bux and 18 for a chip and u'll run better </TD></TR></TABLE>

That's [freak]ing sig material right there. You completed my night.
Old 08-16-2008, 02:25 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (gsrpedro)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by gsrpedro &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
men dont pay attention to this haters ....while they pay 500 bux to dyno and tune their cars u pay 38 bux and 18 for a chip and u'll run better </TD></TR></TABLE>

HOLY ****!!!! IS THIS FOR REAL!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Old 08-16-2008, 03:52 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (sageuvagony)

i isntalled it last night and took a few test runs. at first it was wierd but the i soldered the wires. i set vtec at around 4900rpm and wen you shift into the next gear it stays in vtec. v tec doesnt dissengage unitl like 3900rpm. I love this thing. works awesome.
Old 08-16-2008, 04:30 AM

well he loves it, its working awesome
'vtak" is really making his car move faster, i wish i had one, maybe i could make my vtec-e engage at 6000 rpm and throw my whole gas mileage out the door.
Old 08-16-2008, 04:43 AM

damn...i think i really need to get one of these....i mean my HONDATA aint doin it for me....
Old 08-16-2008, 05:07 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (groundzerocivic)

i think im gonna just call my b16turbo hatch project off and keep the original d15 in it and buy a vtec controller now. Thanks to opening my eyes the the world of vtec and what it does, may have saved me alot of money to and HONDATA'S are just a waste of money they dont do anything anyways.
Old 08-16-2008, 06:26 AM
Honda-Tech Member

whats the lowest possible setting for vtec engage....?
I want to drive allllll day long in vtAk fa show!!!!!

kidding
Old 08-16-2008, 10:23 AM
Honda-Tech Member

LAWL this whole thread is hilarious!!!!

But in all seriousness, HONDATA has just announced that they are going out of business. Even Spoon himself **** his pants when he discovered V-CON. hmotorsonline.com and all other swap shops are hurting too! V-CON is just WAYYY to powerful to compete with!

Help us Tom Cruise!!!!!
Old 08-16-2008, 10:38 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (gsrpedro)

i would gladly pay my 500 to get a good tune than waste my 38 bucks and 18 for my chip that will "run better" throw yourself off a cliff... and then sell your shitty car to someone that can actually use it

Quick Reply: ********** HOW DO I INSTALL THIS **************