Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

$The Value Thread$ What's It Worth? Should I Buy? What's the Cost?

Old 08-11-2016, 12:32 PM
Premium Member

Received 189 Likes on 164 Posts
Default Re: which steering rack to buy?

How bad is it to rebuild these?
Old 08-11-2016, 05:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by oneheadlight
Just to let you know if you have the money, Honda still sells this rack, it's remanufactured by American Showa (they made it in the first place)
It's about $400-500 for the rack.. Just in case you didn't know, I know it's expensive.

Here's the part number 06536-S04-515RM (for all 96-2000, except Si)
thanks looks like that ones $475

P/S RACK, CORE ID (S04-A5) (RMD)(AMERICAN SHOWA). POWER STEERING GEAR BOX made by Honda. #06536-S04-515RM

I think I'l just take a chance on one of the cheap ones, hopefully it lasts.
Old 08-11-2016, 08:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by ra64

P/S RACK, CORE ID (S04-A5) (RMD)(AMERICAN SHOWA). POWER STEERING GEAR BOX made by Honda. #06536-S04-515RM

hey no problem! Just wanted to give you all the info that's out there, so you can make an informed decision. Yeah not cheap, I agree. I think you can remove the steering rack via the access plate in the subframe. I know asking around the tech I know said that he prefers to drop the whole subframe since it's easier for the hydraulic lines. then again people could tell me that the tech does that for the $$$, but I think it's pretty tight in there. Unless someone could tell us how to get it out without dropping the subframe!
Old 08-13-2016, 10:07 PM
Trial User

Default Re: What's It Worth? 92 Civic Si

Hey everyone, I was looking for some advice on the price of a black '92 Si that I've seen in my town for years that has finally came up for sale. I stopped by for a second and found out a bit more about it.

The Si is/has:
-2 Owner (Older Adult Owned)
-168k Miles
-Minimal Rust (On rear wheel arch/rear fender)
-Clean with no noticeable dents or scratches outside, a bit of faded trim, and a nice stock interior (excluding aftermarket radio)
-Modified with a "heavy-duty" clutch, stainless steel headers and exhaust, a cold-air intake, Seibon Carbon Fiber hood and hatch spoiler, Kosei K1 Racing Wheels, and an aftermarket radio and legal window tint. Everything else should be stock.
-Garaged and owner's good weather daily driver
-For sale at $5500

I honestly don't know very much about Hondas (definitely not enough to put a price on something). With that being said, is that a good price or way too much? Any feedback or advice would definitely be appreciated! Thank you!
Old 08-22-2016, 02:22 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default What's It Worth? - 1996 Honda Civic CX w/ B18B

Hi everyone,

I've been a member of this forum for many years. The time is coming that I'm close to selling my 1996 Honda Civic CX. I'm not in need of selling the car, I simply feel it's time as I've been thinking about it for 2-3 years. Does anyone have an idea of a good starting price point if I did place it for sale? Here in PA it's hard to find a clean car, hence why I drove to VA for this one. Now it's even harder because even the ones with rust that are worth saving have been abused by the owner. If anyone is interested in chiming in below are some details.

I live in PA and drove to Falls Church, VA to buy the car in 2003 from an old man that handed me a stack of Honda paper that showed a lot of the servicing. At this time the car had 101k. The car is now sitting at about 194k on the odometer and does not get driven in the PA winter, ever. (due to the PA salt) The car runs and drives great. All modifications have been done by myself. Owning the car for 13 years it's sad to say that it gets driven so little, sometimes less than 3k a year. The car is and has been used as a daily driver, not a show car, however I feel the car is in very good condition and hear that often. There are no common rust issues outside of a few slight surface rust spots less than the size of a cotton swab head each. The CTR style front lip does have some cracking due to just being daily driven, another reason I didn't purchase the OEM lip kit. The paint is chipping on the OEM side skirts, likely due to incorrect prepping procedures, and the rear bumper has a mark from the previous owner that was touched up poorly.

Below is a quick overview of the mod list.

- OBD1 B18B engine and transmission with approximately 114,000. (I bought the donor car the swap came from)
- AEM Short ram intake
- Progress CS2 coil overs purchased from a HT vendor, 450 up front and 350 in the rear
- Stock Civic EX wheels
- Spoon front tower bar
- No name rear tower bar
- Si cluster
- Spoon shift ****
- OEM rear cargo cover
- Yonaka cat back exhaust running into a custom 07 Si axle back bolted onto the original yonaka piping. (the yonaka sounds good and clean, still have it, but it wasn't quiet enough for me - As you can see I hacked off the oversized tip and replaced it with a more subtle finisher)
- Integra GS Leather Seats
- CTR style front lip, rear lip, front grill, and CTR spoiler

I'm happy to answer any and all questions. Since this isn't a for sale post I wanted to keep it fairly basic. I did have a car fax ran in 2003 which I still have and shows no collision reports. It should still show up clean as it has yet to have any collision under my ownership. One last thing to note, yes the rear fenders were rolled, likely about 10 years ago due to some rubbing with a poor wheel/tire choice. This was done with an actual tool, not a ball bat or anything silly. (pics if the car is ever sold and it's of a concern)

Last question, have any of you been through a similar decision on selling a car you've owned for so long? If so was it a relief to start fresh with a daily driver or did you end up regretting it several years later? The car isn't a race car with just the stock B18B, but it does well for daily driving, passing, etc. The car likely has more value to me than to most people, so there is a chance if I do sell the car it will have to be the right person that will appreciate the fairly clean platform to build off of.
Attached Images      

Last edited by LilLowEK; 09-02-2016 at 02:15 AM.
Old 08-29-2016, 10:49 AM
Dur Da Dur

Default Re: $The Value Thread$ What's It Worth? Should I Buy? What's the Cost?

What's it worth? Is this actually made by mugen? I don't think it's actually made by mugen.
;l

Old 08-31-2016, 02:32 PM
Seagull Management

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

I'm not sure what they're worth, but no Mugen never made that valve cover.
Old 09-09-2016, 08:03 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Hashimoto Racing??

Good day all,

Are any of you familiar with Hashimoto Racing? I'm looking at new mounts for my project and found this company while on Ebay. They're selling their full set for $174. The material they use is delrin and I know that's supposed to be super strong. I know Megan makes a set too. HaSport is always an option on the higher end of the spectrum.

Thanks in advance. If this is in the wrong section, please move or remove (moderators)
Old 09-09-2016, 10:18 AM
Fish Twig

Received 309 Likes on 285 Posts
Default Re: Hashimoto Racing??

We don't really do product review in the tech section. However if you are strapped for cash and just these fit your budget than just go for it.
Old 09-09-2016, 10:20 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by tony_2018
We don't really do product review in the tech section. However if you are strapped for cash and just these fit your budget than just go for it.
Much appreciated. Thanks! Mods.. close this if it's in the wrong place.
Old 09-09-2016, 11:56 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Hashimoto? Never heard of them but they sound like some **** eBay knockoff. But I'll tell you that Yonaka has b swap mounts on sell for 70 bucks shipped on Amazon. Yonaka is more well known, I know of many people running their mounts and never heard of any issues.
Old 09-09-2016, 12:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 43 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by PosiChew
Much appreciated. Thanks! Mods.. close this if it's in the wrong place.
You're in a more appropriate thread now.
Old 09-09-2016, 07:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: What's It Worth? - 1996 Honda Civic CX w/ B18B

Originally Posted by LilLowEK
Hi everyone,

I've been a member of this forum for many years. The time is coming that I'm close to selling my 1996 Honda Civic CX. I'm not in need of selling the car, I simply feel it's time as I've been thinking about it for 2-3 years. Does anyone have an idea of a good starting price point if I did place it for sale? Here in PA it's hard to find a clean car, hence why I drove to VA for this one. Now it's even harder because even the ones with rust that are worth saving have been abused by the owner. If anyone is interested in chiming in below are some details.

I live in PA and drove to Falls Church, VA to buy the car in 2003 from an old man that handed me a stack of Honda paper that showed a lot of the servicing. At this time the car had 101k. The car is now sitting at about 194k on the odometer and does not get driven in the PA winter, ever. (due to the PA salt) The car runs and drives great. All modifications have been done by myself. Owning the car for 13 years it's sad to say that it gets driven so little, sometimes less than 3k a year. The car is and has been used as a daily driver, not a show car, however I feel the car is in very good condition and hear that often. There are no common rust issues outside of a few slight surface rust spots less than the size of a cotton swab head each. The CTR style front lip does have some cracking due to just being daily driven, another reason I didn't purchase the OEM lip kit. The paint is chipping on the OEM side skirts, likely due to incorrect prepping procedures, and the rear bumper has a mark from the previous owner that was touched up poorly.

Below is a quick overview of the mod list.

- OBD1 B18B engine and transmission with approximately 114,000. (I bought the donor car the swap came from)
- AEM Short ram intake
- Progress CS2 coil overs purchased from a HT vendor, 450 up front and 350 in the rear
- Stock Civic EX wheels
- Spoon front tower bar
- No name rear tower bar
- Si cluster
- Spoon shift ****
- OEM rear cargo cover
- Yonaka cat back exhaust running into a custom 07 Si axle back bolted onto the original yonaka piping. (the yonaka sounds good and clean, still have it, but it wasn't quiet enough for me - As you can see I hacked off the oversized tip and replaced it with a more subtle finisher)
- Integra GS Leather Seats
- CTR style front lip, rear lip, front grill, and CTR spoiler

I'm happy to answer any and all questions. Since this isn't a for sale post I wanted to keep it fairly basic. I did have a car fax ran in 2003 which I still have and shows no collision reports. It should still show up clean as it has yet to have any collision under my ownership. One last thing to note, yes the rear fenders were rolled, likely about 10 years ago due to some rubbing with a poor wheel/tire choice. This was done with an actual tool, not a ball bat or anything silly. (pics if the car is ever sold and it's of a concern)

Last question, have any of you been through a similar decision on selling a car you've owned for so long? If so was it a relief to start fresh with a daily driver or did you end up regretting it several years later? The car isn't a race car with just the stock B18B, but it does well for daily driving, passing, etc. The car likely has more value to me than to most people, so there is a chance if I do sell the car it will have to be the right person that will appreciate the fairly clean platform to build off of.
I would give you $3300
Old 09-10-2016, 02:01 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: What's It Worth? - 1996 Honda Civic CX w/ B18B

Originally Posted by Paste
I would give you $3300
Thank you for taking the time to offer an honest opinion!
Old 09-14-2016, 08:48 PM
Trial User

I'm pretty green when it comes to Honda's, so I was wondering if I could get some feedback on a motor I'm considering putting in my 96 hatch. It's a B18C5 out of an Acura. It is supposed to have less than 30k miles on it and the want around $4500 for motor Trans wiring harness and cpu. Is this a good choice for my hatch and is it priced right? Thanks for any feedbac!
Old 09-24-2016, 05:57 PM
Premium Member

Received 189 Likes on 164 Posts

Originally Posted by ra64

For my '94 Si the price looks nicer: $347

P/S RACK, CORE ID (SR3-A5) (RMD)(AMERICAN SHOWA). POWER STEERING GEAR BOX for 1994 Honda Civic. #06536-SR3-505RM
Old 09-27-2016, 05:02 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by pickrell92
I'm pretty green when it comes to Honda's, so I was wondering if I could get some feedback on a motor I'm considering putting in my 96 hatch. It's a B18C5 out of an Acura. It is supposed to have less than 30k miles on it and the want around $4500 for motor Trans wiring harness and cpu. Is this a good choice for my hatch and is it priced right? Thanks for any feedbac!
30k mi on a B-series motor is questionable. Unless you have seen the car it came out of that would be my first red flag. The cars that had these motors are all over 10 years old and unless it was a prestine Type R that happened to get wrecked then I wouldnt believe a 30K mi claim.

Check out HmotorsOnline they have an excellent reputation as well as customer service. http://www.hmotorsonline.com/shop/sc...age&item=30010

$4500 is a good chunk of change; and if its not to you then what's $4300+ shipping for an item from a reputable company that comes with everything you need plus a warranty.
Old 09-27-2016, 01:11 PM
Seagull Management

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by EGRhatch
30k mi on a B-series motor is questionable. Unless you have seen the car it came out of that would be my first red flag. The cars that had these motors are all over 10 years old and unless it was a prestine Type R that happened to get wrecked then I wouldnt believe a 30K mi claim.
They're all over 15 years old at this point.

It's also pretty common for an ITR swap to be stolen so check the VIN tags first.
Old 10-03-2016, 11:05 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Tanabe?

I really had no clue where to post this. Feel free to move to a another forum topic if necessary.

Anyway. Picked up a Tanabe touring medallion exhaust. Stamped 0792 t70113a made in Japan, blah. Search shows Lexus. But it came off an Accord.

My question is. Does anyone know a fair price for this exhaust?
Old 10-03-2016, 11:10 AM
Imgur Lives Matter

Default Re: Tanabe?

about three hundred and fifty dollars
Old 10-03-2016, 11:11 AM
I said I don't want a title!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Does it have a JASMA badge on it? If so, those are rare. Add $1K.
Old 10-03-2016, 11:31 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Todd00
Does it have a JASMA badge on it? If so, those are rare. Add $1K.
I wish it did.

lol thanks for the ballpark y'all.
Old 10-16-2016, 02:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Trade 93 Del Sol for Miata?? Should i?

I have owned my 1993 Del Sol SI its low mileage (105k) free of rust. It needs paint and some minor things. Im about to trade for a 1994 Miata MX5 tomorrow it also has low mileage (96k) has a minor amount of rust and the body is overall about the about the same as my del sol besides the rust. It has a welded diff and is pretty slammed on coils (adjustable tho so i will lift it a little). I think its a even trade but would you guys trade for a miata? I know its going to be a little biased on here because its a honda forum just want to hear some opinions before i make my decision. Thanks
Old 10-30-2016, 06:34 AM
Trial User

I picked up 99 civic ex 2dr 5speed. 160k. Just trying to get a ballpark number for value?

Zero rust
runs great

Old 11-01-2016, 12:05 AM

Has the price of 99 00 Civic Si's dropped significantly or am I just dealing with cheap kids. I bought 99 Si with minimal issues and am trying to sell it but I keep getting offers of what I feel are in the range of single cam prices. Has clean title with 180000 everything works has grind in 2nd.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: $The Value Thread$ What's It Worth? Should I Buy? What's the Cost?