Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion

Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion (https://honda-tech.com/forums/)
-   Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) (https://honda-tech.com/forums/honda-civic-del-sol-1992-2000-1/)
-   -   $The Value Thread$ What's It Worth? Should I Buy? What's the Cost? (https://honda-tech.com/forums/honda-civic-del-sol-1992-2000-1/%24-value-thread%24-whats-worth-should-i-buy-whats-cost-3215879/)

Former User 07-18-2014 09:26 PM

$The Value Thread$ What's It Worth? Should I Buy? What's the Cost?

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$

You have come to the thread dedicated to questions about value and purchases rather than technical issues, which is the focus of the 92-00 Civic/Del Sol main forum.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$

I've noticed many threads asking for opinions on the value of a car that a member is considering selling or buying. These types of threads don't fit well in a technical forum, but they seem to generate a lot of interest among our membership. So rather than close these non-technical threads, I thought we could consolidate them here.

From this point forward, please post your inquiries about the value or cost of a car, car part, or car repair/modification job in this thread. You can also post here questions about whether or not you should buy/trade a car or car part.

Please quote the inquiry in your response. Otherwise, this thread will become too disorganized and confusing.

***Note also that buying or selling is forbidden in this thread. Take such posts to the Marketplace.

shotoutacc0rd 07-18-2014 10:03 PM

How much is any 6th Gen worth w/ a broken automatic trans or a non-functional engine? The exterior would need to be in pretty good condition though, rust-free or close to it, nothin more than a rock ding as far as dents go, not alot of scratches. (basically looking for an 8+ exterior) Interior can be poor, easy enough to replace dat.

serious question pls dont get mad Ron but also first!!

I want one doe, they're worth 2x as much as the 5th Gen from as far as I can tell from my market analysis.

grumblemarc 07-19-2014 04:28 AM

Re: $The Value Thread$ What's It Worth? Should I Buy? What's the Cost?

So you already have an idea but you're asking anyway?

tony_2018 07-19-2014 05:53 AM

How much are the jdm EK4 sedan tweeter mirror covers worth?

GUSRENTIT 07-20-2014 07:16 AM

I can not believe how nice and unpleasant, and unhelpful some members here are! I have posted twice in three yrs., on the first one I did not get any help, and on the second, I got nothing but grief. I have a 93 civic, with an engine swap, and all I was asking for was a ball park figure, as I know nothing about Hondas, and I was under the impression that this car was in high demand, I put it up for sale, and all I get is low ball offers. Instead of getting some advice, I get "No pics" "give us miles" "buy tires" "buy a batt", if I wanted to fix it up, I would do all of that, BUT I just want to sell it, "AS IS". But since I see so many tunner Civics with mufflers bigger than the engine, I thought it would be in high demand, and bring a higher price than a Ford Pinto. Thanks so much, for being so unhelpful!

grumblemarc 07-20-2014 08:13 AM

"High demand"? HTF do you expect someone to give you a ballpark anything without seeing the vehicle in question? I suppose you want someone to buy it sight unseen as well? See how that logic doesn't make any sense?

If you want that kind of unrealistic stroke-your-ego estimate you could have saved yourself all the hassle of dealing with us unpleasant and let your fingers do the walking over to KBB.com. YOu don't have to know anything about Hondas to do that do you?

Former User 07-20-2014 08:16 AM

Originally Posted by grumblemarc (Post 49847881)
"High demand"? HTF do you expect someone to give you a ballpark anything without seeing the vehicle in question? I suppose you want someone to buy it sight unseen as well? See how that logic doesn't make any sense?

If you want that kind...estimate you could have saved yourself all the hassle of dealing with us unpleasant and let your fingers do the walking over to KBB.com.

:thumbup:

goo_punch 07-20-2014 10:55 AM

Hey all, my name is Amber. I'm considering purchasing this 95 civic EX as a daily while I swap my CRX. Do ya'all think its worth $1000?

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/pen/cto/4562492209.html

thanks for the help!

tony_2018 07-20-2014 11:43 AM

Originally Posted by GUSRENTIT (Post 49847834)
I can not believe how nice and unpleasant, and unhelpful some members here are! I have posted twice in three yrs., on the first one I did not get any help, and on the second, I got nothing but grief. I have a 93 civic, with an engine swap, and all I was asking for was a ball park figure, as I know nothing about Hondas, and I was under the impression that this car was in high demand, I put it up for sale, and all I get is low ball offers. Instead of getting some advice, I get "No pics" "give us miles" "buy tires" "buy a batt", if I wanted to fix it up, I would do all of that, BUT I just want to sell it, "AS IS". But since I see so many tunner Civics with mufflers bigger than the engine, I thought it would be in high demand, and bring a higher price than a Ford Pinto. Thanks so much, for being so unhelpful!

If you didn't list what was done, and pictures to show its condition than yeah, you get grief and beef. This is the Web, swaps can be done for cheap so anything you thought was a hot commodity will all depend on the condition it is in. Without seeing the condition no value can be given. Why not go by a car online that you've never seen?

andoxviii 07-22-2014 12:56 PM

Opinions, please, on what these are worth. Thinking of selling them.

1. OEM Del Sol floor mats with "del sol" written on them
2. OEM Del Sol mud flaps

Edit: Just noticed the mud flaps are on eBay for almost $200 :o

OptimisticWay 07-22-2014 03:10 PM

Originally Posted by goo_punch (Post 49848131)
Hey all, my name is Amber. I'm considering purchasing this 95 civic EX as a daily while I swap my CRX. Do ya'all think its worth $1000?

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/pen/cto/4562492209.html

thanks for the help!

Salvage title and an automatic. I would stay clear of this car and keep looking. Go for a manual and a clear title. Rent a block tester and compression tester fron an auto parts store and make sure it does not have a blown head gasket. Make sure the compression does not have a disparity of more than 20% from the highest to lowest cylinder and less than 250,000 miles. Then and only then would this car be worth it.

It is also a 4 door. Not as valuable as a coupe. Why? Because an overwhelming majority of Americans prefer coupes over sedans.

MufuxkaJones 07-23-2014 09:39 AM

okay Trying to buy this 95 DX sedan for 1000. engine is JDM D15B with 90000 miles on it. driver side door and fender are garbage need replaced and it needs paint. worth it?
im not in it for speed lol

grumblemarc 07-23-2014 10:03 AM

Wondering how it only has 90k on it but has the engine replaced. The pics in your other thread show the car being in quite the unmaintained condition. I would pass unless you plan on doing most of the work to get it back to where it needs to be.

MufuxkaJones 07-23-2014 10:14 AM

i had actually planned on nearly taking it back to showroom if possible, what would the value be of a nice clean 95?
with this engine of course

grumblemarc 07-23-2014 10:17 AM

Maybe $2,500? Possibly more. Just depends on the circumstances. But you won't get your money back out of it.

MufuxkaJones 07-23-2014 10:37 AM

i planned on maybe 3500 in, drive it for a year or two, then ask maybe 3 and go from there.
Thanks, i just dont wanna jump into something i cant afford to fix, i know i can get a new engine for like 800 if this one quits. 2 fiberglass fenders for 89 and a driver door for like 200

grumblemarc 07-23-2014 10:39 AM

Just remember, the cancer is like an iceberg. Most of it is actually under the surface.

MufuxkaJones 07-23-2014 10:50 AM

ill def keep that in mind, thanks ill post progess on here soon.

OptimisticWay 07-23-2014 12:58 PM

Originally Posted by MufuxkaJones (Post 49855170)
i planned on maybe 3500 in, drive it for a year or two, then ask maybe 3 and go from there.
Thanks, i just dont wanna jump into something i cant afford to fix, i know i can get a new engine for like 800 if this one quits. 2 fiberglass fenders for 89 and a driver door for like 200

Fartoo many other Civics out there. I would keep looking for one that is a one or two owner. Spend $2,500 and maybe put a thousand into it. You will be much better off and you will be able to resell it quicker.

Where are you located? If it snows where you are, come down to Florida or Texas and buy one cheap with little to no rust. Or go to Cali and get one that won't pass smog for cheap and bring it home.

Haserlocc 07-24-2014 04:34 PM

What is a 92 eg si hatch with gsr swap worth ??
Paint is pretty good condition

NotARaCist 07-24-2014 04:53 PM

Originally Posted by Haserlocc (Post 49858299)
What is a 92 eg si hatch with gsr swap worth ??
Paint is pretty good condition

Depending entirely on the condition of the car, anywhere from $800 to $3000. You would need to post pictures for a more accurate answer.

Figit090 07-24-2014 07:15 PM

How about a 1997 Civic HX 5spd with 155k, for $3k?

Clean body and good interior maybe one driver's seat rip.

Has had cosmetic damage to hood and passenger door areas that was professionally fixed.

Needs a timing belt too... Price was admittedly (seller admitted) high at $4200, I talked down to $3500, then once we talked more about details (actual miles, timing belt hasn't been done, and previous body work) I said I can offer no more than $3k. Owner before him said she had fluids changed pretty regularly at 3k miles so I don't know why the timing belt wasn't done.

I'm going to see the car tomorrow.

andoxviii 07-24-2014 07:25 PM

Has the timing belt already snapped?

$3000 still seems high to me...but then again, Canada didn't get the HX trim level so I don't know what they go for.

Haserlocc 07-24-2014 09:32 PM

Haserlocc 07-24-2014 09:33 PM

He did say the ecu was obd1 but distributor and injectors were obd2.. Does that make any difference?