Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

$ 100 Reward to find well known racer to get numbers for Korbach Frame Locks

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2004, 11:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default $ 100 Reward to find well known racer to get numbers for Korbach Frame Locks

Okay. I am upping the bounty to $ 100. Find me a very credible and well known racer who can get me some numbers (Skid pad, before/after track times & subjective eval). If he agrees to do this for us, we'll pay you $ 100 for the lead. This person's evaluation must be irrefutable.

George Knighton asked Jerry Birchmore to eval on another person's 6th gen, but I guess he can not do that. I emailed Honda Challenge and got no response.

If you can get a racer that fits the bill, post it hear for all to read and email Jake on manager@korbachperformance.com.

We would really appreciate it. We could do the numbers ourselves, but the skeptics would just think we made them up. So it is very important to get a credible 3rd party review.

Thanks!!

David Lawson
Korbach Performance
Old 10-18-2004, 11:59 AM

Default Re: $ 100 Reward to find well known racer to get numbers for Korbach Frame Locks (Solid_Ride)

I may not be exactly what your looking for, but I have been karting for several years, so I have racing experience. I have a 99 civic si, with the frame locks already on it, and would be willing to do this, if you guys wanted to rent a track, and supply the equipment to do the test.
Old 10-21-2004, 08:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: $ 100 Reward to find well known racer to get numbers for Korbach Frame Locks (kdemmons)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by kdemmons &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I may not be exactly what your looking for, but I have been karting for several years, so I have racing experience. I have a 99 civic si, with the frame locks already on it, and would be willing to do this, if you guys wanted to rent a track, and supply the equipment to do the test.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Thanks for the offer! I think to convince the HT crowd, it will have to be a well known & documented racer. Actually, we are planning to have a few racers at Honda Challenge evaluate them in a big event in Phoenix right after Thanksgiving. We will be working out the details. We are hoping to get some skid pad numbers.

David Lawson
Old 10-21-2004, 10:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

some numbers are the only ting that would make me buy them
Old 10-21-2004, 10:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: $ 100 Reward to find well known racer to get numbers for Korbach Frame Locks (Solid_Ride)

the name Roger Foo came to mind... and i know he is/was bay area based

foofighterracing.com seems to have gone down but...
http://homepage.mac.com/rogerfoo/
Old 10-21-2004, 11:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Solid_Ride &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Thanks for the offer! I think to convince the HT crowd, it will have to be a well known & documented racer. Actually, we are planning to have a few racers at Honda Challenge evaluate them in a big event in Phoenix right after Thanksgiving. We will be working out the details. We are hoping to get some skid pad numbers.

David Lawson</TD></TR></TABLE>
you are a really smart guy, mr lawson. i see you are using every venu and persuing all routes to market your prodcut which is a great way to do it. not many people in the import scene care about people like the ones here on HT, who dont spend their hard earned money on BS. its probably because their parts are crap
i wish u the best of luck, and whenever a set for the EF chassis is out, i will probably be a customer.

Old 10-26-2004, 06:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: $ 100 Reward to find well known racer to get numbers for Korbach Frame Locks (johnzm)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by johnzm &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
you are a really smart guy, mr lawson. i see you are using every venu and persuing all routes to market your prodcut which is a great way to do it. not many people in the import scene care about people like the ones here on HT, who dont spend their hard earned money on BS. its probably because their parts are crap
i wish u the best of luck, and whenever a set for the EF chassis is out, i will probably be a customer.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

Thanks for the compliment. But I am really not as smart as some people think. Just ask my wife LOL. Seriously, I do dumb things all the time and she let's me know about it (in a fun way). I truly believe that it's all about desire and the willingness to work hard and make the sacrifices. The people that work for me feel the same way. We have a great product and we obsess over it and when you obsess, you come up with some good ideas. Then you work hard to execute the plans. Look at people that find ways to escape prison. Look at computer hackers or Napster. They are all probably fairly smart. But I'd bet anything that their success has more to do with perserverance than anything else. But I appreciate the compliment nonetheless!

In regards to tapping into Honda-Tech. It's worth the occasional bashing to truly understand what is going on. Believe it or not, the feed back here at this forum does have a profound effect on our company. I've read a couple of business books and one stated the # 1 reason for business's to fail. I thought it was lack of planning or capitalization. But this book stated that it was isolation. I don't know if it's # 1, but I do agree with the importance. Isolation is defined as a business making decisions and taking actions in a vacuum...absent of the customer and the market place. It is hard to imagine, but business leaders get caught up in the internal workings of the company and fail to recognize what is going on out side. It's liek being inside a house and ignoring a tornado outside. Many years ago Caterpillar corporation almost went under from competition from Komatsu for that very reason. They were arrogant and didn't even realize that there lunch was being eaten until it was almost too late. Komatsu listened to their customers and responded....quickly. US automakers made the same mistake in the 70's. So, we have vowed not to make that mistake from day 1 and are commited to keeping in tuned with our customer base. If you look at our installation manual, you will see a lot of things that make things easy. We've gotten outstanding feed back. This was all a direct result of our beta testing. We observed Testers perform the install and made notes on everything they wanted and we changed accordingly. Honda-Tech really keeps us on our toes. But we're still having fun, so it's okay.

Thanks. We are looking forward to having you as one of our valued customers one day.

David Lawson
Korbach Performance

Old 10-26-2004, 06:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

I for one would like to see this review get done also. As soon as you start manufacturing these for 92-95 Civic body styles and the review is done, I might have to pick up a set myself!!
Old 10-27-2004, 11:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: $ 100 Reward to find well known racer to get numbers for Korbach Frame Locks (Blue-Civic-Hybrid)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Blue-Civic-Hybrid &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I for one would like to see this review get done also. As soon as you start manufacturing these for 92-95 Civic body styles and the review is done, I might have to pick up a set myself!!</TD></TR></TABLE>

We are looking for korbach testers. We send you beta level parts in exchange for feed back on the installation manual and an honest review. You get the parts for a really reduced cost and the honor of helping the development of a brand new product. The beta parts are 95- 100% that of the final design. If you are interested email Josh at info@korbachperformance.com and he will send you an application.

Thanks

David Lawson
Korbach Performance