Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

$$$... body or motor

Old 06-07-2007, 03:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default $$$... body or motor

what would you guys rather do?

i currently have a jdm itr bone stock in my eg hatch, gsr tein basics, wheels and tires

the problem is, my body could use some work with a new paint job, new front end, and some rust removal. its not ugly ugly, it just could be more "pretty"

should i fix up my body first? or spend the money for some all motor goodness (cams, valvetrain, header, intake manifold, etc)? looking to spend around 3-4k maybe.
Old 06-07-2007, 03:53 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: $$$... body or motor (cvccr)

well, usually i'd say motor first, but since you already seem to have a good start(w/ the itr), go with the body. To cut down on costs, prep it yourself first. Can we see some pics first???
Old 06-07-2007, 04:17 AM

i would clean up the body a little, i'm not saying show quality paint just fresh it up and get rid of the rust now before it get's worse
Old 06-07-2007, 04:25 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: $$$... body or motor (Boost_V)

Id go with the body have a nice mint ride with a good swap like you already do your all set. some pics would be nice. any idea on what color you want to do.

White gets my vote

And if you wanna be pimp throw some blue flakes in there my boy has that on his jeta and when the sun hits it all you see is nice blue sparkle. looks sick.

Unless you just want to build a really fast sleeper then boost that biatch.
Old 06-07-2007, 04:39 AM
New User

If it was a stock motor I'd say performance, but since you have the swap work on the rust. That is, unless you would prefer to have more power. It's your car, so its really up to you.
Old 06-07-2007, 04:58 AM
Honda-Tech Member

rust kills cars!!!!! get it cut out and fix the body before you do any more work on the motor.
Old 06-07-2007, 05:21 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by cvccr &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">what would you guys rather do?

i currently have a jdm itr bone stock in my eg hatch, gsr tein basics, wheels and tires

the problem is, my body could use some work with a new paint job, new front end, and some rust removal. its not ugly ugly, it just could be more "pretty"

should i fix up my body first? or spend the money for some all motor goodness (cams, valvetrain, header, intake manifold, etc)? looking to spend around 3-4k maybe.</TD></TR></TABLE>

i'd say leave the body alone...i'm sure the motor will outlast that shell as long as you don't beat the ever-living crap out of it. if you'd rather go body...then i'd say hit up the Rust-Bullet stuff that's advertised on the top of some of the pages here on HT. me...i'm more of a motor guy though...so what if the car looks like crap right now...it'll still beat your buddies car
i'd much rather have a quick car that looks like crap (cuz you can always fix the body later or drop your engine into another shell) than a mint looking car that's a freakin pig at the track.
Old 06-07-2007, 05:24 AM
Honda-Tech Member

i would say go with the body, you have a good motor. kill the rust