Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

"Spoon Is Rice From Japan"

Old 04-16-2004, 09:25 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default "Spoon Is Rice From Japan"

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by dirtyd463 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">spoon is rice from japan
their apc if you like
they do nothing but get other manufacturers to make ish for them and sell it as their own. their engines are nothing but stock honda engines clearanced out to a "loose" spec and heck even their flywheel is just a nodified flywheel that they probably paid someone else to machine. the only think i can think of that spoon does for itself is race and sell stuff to unknowing customers.</TD></TR></TABLE>

https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=834500

Can anyone substantiate or refute this claim? I know some Spoon products are not regarded well, such as their rear lower tiebar, but from the knowledge I have gained from reading various medias, I gather Spoon is a competent JDM company that strives to produce high quality products that actually produce high performance results. He does not back up this claim very well, it seems as though he is just ignorant. Ignorant meaning uninformed. So please HT enlighten those intersted to know if <u>"Spoon Is Rice From Japan"</u>.
Old 04-16-2004, 09:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: "Spoon Is Rice From Japan" (Guam_CiviC619)

ignorant. he's just a know nothing post *****. hasnt even been here for half a year, and has over 1000 posts.
Old 04-16-2004, 09:31 AM

lmao
Old 04-16-2004, 09:35 AM

Default Re: "Spoon Is Rice From Japan" (jL iLLuZiOnz 9)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by jL iLLuZiOnz 9 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">ignorant. he's just a know nothing post *****. hasnt even been here for half a year, and has over 1000 posts.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I was gonna mention those things but I wanted to maintain my professionalism, and wait for someone else to mention it.
Old 04-16-2004, 09:36 AM
Honda-Tech Member

sometimes you shouldnt be afraid to say what you think. just dont take it out of line.
Old 04-16-2004, 09:39 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by jL iLLuZiOnz 9 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">sometimes you shouldnt be afraid to say what you think. just dont take it out of line.</TD></TR></TABLE>

haha

as for spoon....spoon is good in my book unless someone find real proof that spoon is doing all this stuff.
Old 04-16-2004, 09:40 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

well Spoon basically just tries to make Honda parts better... like the rest of the companies. i have to find a qoute saying that about spoon. don't remember where i read it
Old 04-16-2004, 09:43 AM
Honda-Tech Member

haha that car in your signature. thats gotta be the fakest car in the world. an estimate of 369hp, and running a 15.6 @ 122mph. hahahhahaa omg and the info on his "major upgrades." damn this makes my morning hahahaha
Old 04-16-2004, 09:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

their header did pretty good in the great header test

it may not have had the highest peak HP but it had the most power gain under the curve --- see http://bob123e.tripod.com/thegreatheadertest/
Old 04-16-2004, 09:54 AM
Vice President/CEO

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by jL iLLuZiOnz 9 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">haha that car in your signature. thats gotta be the fakest car in the world. an estimate of 369hp, and running a 15.6 @ 122mph. hahahhahaa omg and the info on his "major upgrades." damn this makes my morning hahahaha</TD></TR></TABLE>

hahaha

bling bling.
Old 04-16-2004, 10:04 AM

a lot of major parts companies don't make all their own parts...........they come up with the specs that they want and then send them out to companies to have them made................
Old 04-16-2004, 10:08 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: "Spoon Is Rice From Japan" (sw21chedda)

oh yeah spoon cams are made by HONDA using CTR cores (some say they are made by toda - but i disagree )
Old 04-16-2004, 10:24 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: "Spoon Is Rice From Japan" (adirondackR)

although spoon products are overpriced, they are quality.

Spoon basically takes genuine honda parts (which are the highest quality) and makes suttle modifications to better them.
Old 04-16-2004, 11:12 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: "Spoon Is Rice From Japan" (bretx0r)

Overpriced junk IMHO. People will pay exorbinent amounts of money for **** because it says Spoon on it. Not worth the price at all IMHO.

EDIT: Read the fourm guidlines, this is a "what is ricey, what is not" question.
Old 04-16-2004, 11:23 AM
Honda-Tech Member

So one ignorant thread wasn't enough? you had to create a second?

Old 04-16-2004, 11:26 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Spoon Sports isnt around to sell parts. Ask the owner, and he will tell you that. They are there to race.
Old 04-16-2004, 11:37 AM

Default Re: (.nate)

To actually answer the question....

Spoon and APC are nothing alike. APC makes/has people make cheap crap for them. Spoon on the other hand does not sell cheap crap, everything they sell is tested and serves a purpose. You are correct, there are several products that Spoon sells that they dont make. But why do they do this.... there are no companies out there that dont. Spoon want to deliver the highest quality they can, and if someone out there can make it better than they can, then Spoon is going to have them make it for them. For the most part, the original manufacture and the Spoon product are not the exact same. Spoon specifies how they would like it due to the testing the have preformed. You will find this to be true for any large company that sell such an array of products like Spoon does.
Old 04-16-2004, 12:02 PM

Default Re: (envision2teg)

You have to be kidding me.

That guy is a moron.
Old 04-16-2004, 12:05 PM

Default Re: "Spoon Is Rice From Japan" (Ricey McRicerton)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Ricey McRicerton &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Overpriced junk IMHO. People will pay exorbinent amounts of money for **** because it says Spoon on it. Not worth the price at all IMHO.</TD></TR></TABLE>

wow 1 person has their head out of their ***
Old 04-16-2004, 12:11 PM

Default Re: "Spoon Is Rice From Japan" (jwn7)

What a lot of people fail to realize is that Spoon races enduros. With most of the endurance racing, stock parts are required to oblige the class rules. Thus, the balanced pistons, rods etc. are still stock, but will preserve the engine over the course of the race. Some of their stuff is pricey, and better items are available, but they do make a quality product. Their front lower tie bar greatly improved my steering feel, and it was pretty cheap.
Old 04-16-2004, 12:13 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by jwn7 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

wow 1 person has their head out of their *** </TD></TR></TABLE>

Quality is not cheap.
Old 04-16-2004, 12:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

[QUOTE\]the only think i can think of that spoon does for itself is race[/QUOTE]

They build race cars, and when building race cars they design there own parts then sell them. I don't see the complication. Race+Parts usually = quality/proven parts.

I don't know if you will find that lower tie bar on any of there race cars though.
Old 04-16-2004, 12:25 PM

When i went to japan, there were alot of other race teams there that were sporting spoon products. on most hondas :eg,ek,dc2-5,ap1 etc. There are many tuning garages there that build there own stuff for racaing ie:backyard speacial,j's racing,m&m honda etc. Spoon was considered to be more of a power creator amongst other racers, they use alot of stock honda products and that sort of stuff but thats where they create and develope their own r&d on the product to make it more efficient for racing. Mugen is Hondas factory performance base which is typically matched up to spoon when speaking about "good japanese honda performance parts..."They've become so popular due to their history in racing....they have won alot of events to back it up in japan, thats how everyone in the United States became so impressed by them....Spoons cool, i like their products and have ran most of their eg/dc products, but i think its gettin a little over-exploited in the states?
Old 04-16-2004, 12:28 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Guam_CiviC619 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
substantiate

refute this claim?

the knowledge I have gained from reading various medias

it seems as though he is just ignorant. Ignorant meaning uninformed
</TD></TR></TABLE>

You speak that thar anglish much better than I does.
Old 04-16-2004, 12:37 PM

Buy things you can afford to better your car, period.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: "Spoon Is Rice From Japan"