Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

"Opinions wanted" Best bang for buck suspension/ braking for 92 civic hatch!!!!

Old 03-26-2002, 04:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default "Opinions wanted" Best bang for buck suspension/ braking for 92 civic hatch!!!!

Ok guys I am a firm believer in doing things right the 1st time and learning from the unfortunate mistakes of others. So on the issue of breaks and suspension, I am a lil indecisive want the most practical, cost effective, quality route for a street racing hatch. I love turns and handling more than dragracing. Auto crossing and track driving schools are in my future, maybe scca someday hopefully! So far I have neuspeed race springs, GSR front and rear sways(rear stinks!), skunk2 front upperstrut bar, and about 110 lbs of weight reduction.
My idea#1 was to sell all suspension components for around 700-800 bucks installed . then buy a Integra type r suspension and brake changeover w/ 5lug conversion for 1200 bucks. and that supposedly comes with the "works." My hesitation is that I've heard a lot about the heartaches with brakeswaps! then there is the issue of needing some 5lug rota slipstreams!
Idea # 2 was get some bilsteins shocks and some brembo rotors with honda oem/ or EBC pads to replace the stock civic ones. skunk 2's 21mm bar for the rear. I Believe forkin out another 350-450 for bilsteins, another 150 for rotors and 50-75 for pads, 150 for skunk two rear sway, is far more expensive with the already exisiting mods, when compared to Itr stuff!!!!anyone who races w/ itr changeover suspension / motor in ek or eg ...please let me know!
I want to guard against that evil FADE problem that haunts us all! and I don't want to lock up my brakes, and I need an ability to do repeated breaking! I have ridden in a type R flying around a track (VIR) and I must say its an incredible stock suspension! spring and shock rates are teally good!!!! Sways do an outstanding job!
Ok anyone who has an experienced advice on the Itr susp/brake swap????? and someday I wanna build a n/a vtec motor w/ at least 200flywheel hp via b18c5 or b16a2(built w Itr parts/toda) so I need a cost efective low hastle solution.
_______
Old 03-26-2002, 05:33 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: "Opinions wanted" Best bang for buck suspension/ braking for 92 civic hatch!!!! (92dxHatch4Jerry

Don't bother with the 5lug. Get the ITR rear bar with a beaks kit, cheaper and its 22mm, I've got one on my hatch and it made a huge difference. Get some adjustable shocks, Koni, KYB AGX, or whatever you like, I have the Koni's. As for brakes, I'm going with the fastbrakes.com 11 inch kit, made for civic's w/9.5 inch fronts, check out there site for the details.
Old 03-26-2002, 08:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: "Opinions wanted" Best bang for buck suspension/ braking for 92 civic hatch!!!! (92dxHatch4Jerry

Don't bother with the 5 lug! You should look into getting GSR front brakes and some kick *** pads. I have a GSR engine in my EG and i road race the thing. All you need are some quality pads and your brake problems should be gone. Hawk Blues, Endless MA-11, or Carbotech XP are some of the best pads that you can get and you wont fade them! Also, look into brake fluid like Motul RBF. With Suspension, get a ITR rear sway, Koni yellows, skunks coilovers, and Eibach ERS and you will be driving circles around a EK with ITR suspension!