Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion

Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion (https://honda-tech.com/forums/)
-   Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) (https://honda-tech.com/forums/honda-civic-del-sol-1992-2000-1/)
-   -   "ek" model differences (https://honda-tech.com/forums/honda-civic-del-sol-1992-2000-1/%22ek%22-model-differences-962100/)

Bense 08-17-2004 01:46 PM

"ek" model differences

yes i searched and i couldn't find results so dont jump down my throat...

between 96-00 there were the CX, DX, HX, LX, EX, and SI model civics

CX = ???? base model, i dont know the specifics between the cx and the dx
DX = ????
HX = vtec-e motor, optional cvt tranny, alloy wheels, coupe only, unpainted door handles/side molding/mirrors
LX = sedan only, no vtec
EX = SOHC VTEC, power everything, moon roof, keyless entry, painted everying except sideskirts
SI = EX + DOHC VTEC b16a2, different suspension, alloys, rear discs, bigger sway bars, painted everything including sideskirts

what's unpainted on the LX, and what the hell is the difference between the CX and DX? and if my memory serves me correct, the HX didn't have painted license plate trim prior to 99, but post 99 they did. is this correct?

Frozen E 08-17-2004 01:59 PM

Si has the hollow headrests too. Something the EX didn't have. in Canada they also came with heated mirrors. And I THINK that it came with a front lip the EX didn't come with. Not sure on that one.

ek4d00r 08-17-2004 02:29 PM

Re: (IslandSi)

the LX has power windows and locks but the door handles, sideskirts, and mirrors are not painted

ciRcuitJerk 08-17-2004 11:21 PM

Re: (slowEKsedan)

si had front grill and lip. it also came with a different cluster and the center console where the stereo goes and stuff

Bense 08-18-2004 09:06 AM

Re: (ciRcuitSi y0!)

so what's the difference between the cx and the dx?

jolt-tsp 08-18-2004 09:08 AM

Re: (thebense)

CX came with jack crap, DX at least had a radio and speakers.

phthalo 08-18-2004 09:27 AM

Re: (jolt-tsp)

CX was only for hatchbacks though. The DX and CX come with the d16y7 engine and so does the LX. I think CX came with less sound deadening material to save weight for better fuel economy. I don't think it had power steering or abs.

99hatch 08-18-2004 09:34 AM

Re: (phthalo)

i dont think that cx has the rear hatch wiper

Bense 08-18-2004 09:48 AM

Re: (phthalo)

my friend has a cx and it has a radio and A/C

Spade 08-18-2004 09:58 AM

Re: (thebense)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by thebense &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">my friend has a cx and it has a radio and A/C</TD></TR></TABLE>

Dealer installed.

EkEli 08-18-2004 10:39 AM

Re: (99hatch)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 99hatch &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i dont think that cx has the rear hatch wiper</TD></TR></TABLE>

I think 98 and up did have the rear hatch wiper and 96-97 did not have one. That is on the Cx/Dx.

Ricey McRicerton 08-18-2004 10:42 AM

Re: (bruce_eli)

My 97 dx came with the rear hatch wiper, AC, and no PS all from the dealer. Unpainted door handles/mirrors/side skirts. D16y7 with a manual tranny.

CX has an unpainted rear spoiler as well.

PLAN:B 08-18-2004 10:42 AM

Re: (Spade)

I have a cx. No AC, no power anything, no rear wiper. I LOVE IT. I think the ignition is a dealer option also. Mine came w/ a pull start. https://honda-tech.com/forums/images...s/emsmilep.gif

(I was wondering why my spoiler wasn't painted. Thanks Ricey. Now I know)

redlinetuning 08-18-2004 10:47 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by bruce_eli &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

I think 98 and up did have the rear hatch wiper and 96-97 did not have one. That is on the Cx/Dx.</TD></TR></TABLE>

that is correct. the 96-97 cx did not come with a rear wiper.. (so if you want the jdm look, get a 96 cx hatch.. heheh) the cx also came with an ugly hatch cover witha brakelight.. the dx.. had an actual wing with a LED. DX hatches also came with power steering, but AC was still an option cx came with a radio option, no tape/cd combo.. dx's did.

Ricey McRicerton 08-18-2004 10:47 AM

Re: (redlinetuning)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by redlinetuning &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

that is correct. the 96-97 cx did not come with a rear wiper.. (so if you want the jdm look, get a 96 cx hatch.. heheh) the cx also came with an ugly hatch cover witha brakelight.. the dx.. had an actual wing with a LED. DX hatches also came with power steering, but AC was still an option cx came with a radio option, no tape/cd combo.. dx's did.</TD></TR></TABLE>

DX spoilers did not come with any LEDs. Theyre just a plain old single bulb. I've replaced them before.

monicle 08-18-2004 10:48 AM

CX and DX come with no front sway bar, the CX,DX,LX,HX have smaller front rotors thatn the EX and SI, DX and CX base models have no power steering, DX and HX (maby CX and LX too) have the catalytic converter intigrated in the exhaust manifold, HX has power windows locks and mirrors,

redlinetuning 08-19-2004 08:19 AM

Re: (Ricey McRicerton)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Ricey McRicerton &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

DX spoilers did not come with any LEDs. Theyre just a plain old single bulb. I've replaced them before.</TD></TR></TABLE>

oops.. that's what i meant.. i was just going too fast and got ahead of myself.. thanks for the correction