Notices
Honda Civic (2016 - Current) 10th Generation Civic Forum Civic / Si / Type-R Discussions

Issues with Braking and Electrical in 2016 Civic

Old 08-06-2016, 06:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Issues with Braking and Electrical in 2016 Civic

Hi All,

I have purchased a New Honda Civic 2016 at 18th of March16. Now it is almost 8th or 9th Time i am entering in to the service centre.Right from the First or Second month it started one by one.

1st Issue : When i am driving all of the sudden every thing in the Steering wheel and in Dashboard System gets Freezed.
2nd Issue : My parking Break Automatically gets Engaged not releasing.
3rd Issue : Now a days the parking Break is Not at all applying some times.
4th Issue : Right now the Radio Hangs, It says power failure.

These many issues are there and For each of this i have went to service centre of VannYork Automall in NC Eastchester Drive.

The immediate after the next day the issue fixed , It will happen again in next day. I have called Honda Customer care and repotedly telling this issue and they will repeatedly saying We will make sure this will not happen and we will fix this.(By my case Manager )..

They have almost replaced every part in my car. The modulator,Breaking system. Now For electic problem they are saying we will replace the Radio. And for Breaking issue , They are telling Software is under Developement.

So, Can anybody has issues like this. I am in search of some thing Legal Right now. I have all the bills and ready for go.

Thanks
Saravana
Old 08-06-2016, 07:01 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Issues with Braking and Electrical in 2016 Civic

I need to Bring up to this forum.... Please post
Old 08-09-2016, 06:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by saravana
I need to Bring up to this forum.... Please post
I hate to state the obvious, but you need to go to the dealership immediately. Although this may be a coincidence, the only issue I've had with the entertainment system is after I uploaded a bunch of songs to a 128gb flash drive, my camera wouldn't work even if I hit the button on the end of the turn signal. I did a reboot and it's been fine ever since. To reboot the system, hold your finger on the power button in the top left hand corner of the screen until it asks you if you want to reboot.

In the future, you'll have much better luck on the CivicX forum. Honda-tech is dead.
Old 08-15-2016, 10:16 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Hi,

This is not Just a Software issue. For Handbreak , Till now , Sometimes it will apply , Sometimes it wont. Even they checked and changed some modulator and checked ABS etc. As of now Honda Guys are telling that they are Developing an Update for Breaking. I dont know how come After all this they were Developing the software and that too for Breaks.

For Radio, If you have power then you can switch off or switch on. Here No power at some times.

I went hell lot of time to Vannyork and till now they were not even considering this and keep on telling update will release soon.

I dont want this car anymore and i thought of going for lemon law. which would atleast should help me. Now they are telling to trade in and that too loosing some money of mine...
Old 08-16-2016, 07:35 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Hi,

This is not Just a Software issue. For Handbreak , Till now , Sometimes it will apply , Sometimes it wont. Even they checked and changed some modulator and checked ABS etc. As of now Honda Guys are telling that they are Developing an Update for Breaking. I dont know how come After all this they were Developing the software and that too for Breaks.

For Radio, If you have power then you can switch off or switch on. Here No power at some times.

I went hell lot of time to Vannyork and till now they were not even considering this and keep on telling update will release soon.

I dont want this car anymore and i thought of going for lemon law. which would atleast should help me. Now they are telling to trade in and that too loosing some money of mine...
Make sure you have all the paperwork from the dealer and get a replacement under the lemon law. I'm sorry you're having such bad luck. The only complaint I have about my Civic is the choice of fabric they used for the interior. It shows dirt too easily. Other than that, it's been a wonderful car. Get a new one and you'll be happy.
Old 08-16-2016, 07:56 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Do anybody know about the any Lawyers where i can contact. If you have such a case.
Old 08-16-2016, 03:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Do anybody know about the any Lawyers where i can contact. If you have such a case.
No one here is going to know a specific lemon law lawyer. Click on your state at the following link and go from there:

Lemon Laws by State - Lemon Law Attorneys | DMV.org
Old 08-19-2016, 11:04 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Hi All,

Thanks for the update. I am also looking for some Lawyers. Meanwhile Honda contacted me again and the case manager called me and as usual he is saying , If the issues are not reproducable we are not able to do anything. I have said many times This is occuring intermitently and not continueosly. But anyway hope for the best.

I dont know whether we can reproduce the Heartattack after a doctor appointment and infront of doctor. If not then the patient has no problem and it is his fault and he has to bare this but they will get the whole sum money .... Thats it.....

Thanks
Old 08-21-2016, 11:13 PM
MM Gruppe B

Received 83 Likes on 76 Posts

Has anyone load tested the battery? Try a replacement battery?
Has anyone verified the battery terminals are properly installed and not loose?
Old 08-22-2016, 09:02 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Yes, They have checked every thing . But still the issue persists and Honda is just telling, If they cant reproduce they are not going to do anything with this.

Anyway i am going to put this Bullshit Honda Problem in the Facebook with all my bills and issues which people may not become the sufferrers. Will post with completed details of what Honda is saying ie) They are developing patch for Braking still now and they are telling me it if this issue is not reproducable , they are not going to do anything for me. I will also mention the dealership and also what Honda from california said. No one is taking this serious. Let People know this from Facebook.

Thanks
Saravana
Old 08-24-2016, 11:03 AM
fcm
Old Fart

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

What works better is to place lemon signage on your car and park in front of the Honda dealer you got the car from, that will get their attention. 94