Notices
Honda Civic (2016 - Current) 10th Generation Civic Forum Civic / Si / Type-R Discussions

Honda Sensing -How does one know it's there?

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2019, 06:35 AM
Trial User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Honda Sensing -How does one know it's there?

I'm shopping for a near-new Civic for my daughter. I'd like to get an EX or EX-L with Honda Sensing (safety package). The ads online are very poor at calling this option out, it's never listed. However, they ALWAYS highlight how the Civic is a "top safety pick (when equipped with Honda Sensing)". This means that if I search for "Sensing", everything shows up! I HATE THE DEALERS FOR THEIR CRAPPY, UNHELPFUL ADVERTISING!

Anyway, my question is this - Is there some feature or button that would be visible in photos that indicates the presence of the Honda Sensing package?

Secondary question - since tech features usually appear first on Acura models, is "Honda Sensing (Acura Sensing?)" available on the ILX at all? Thanks in advance!
Old 04-16-2019, 04:07 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Honda Sensing -How does one know it's there?

There will be a camera in the middle & upper section of the windshield, right above the rear-view mirror. There will also be aditionnal buttons on the steering wheel (lane keep assist, adaptative cruse control) and on the dash around the steering wheel.

Your salesman will also be able to confirm whether or not it has Honda sensing. It comes standard on all trims since 2019, but was optionnal before that, so don't hesitate to ask him/her.

Same thing goes for the ILX, but it's called AcuraWatch I believe. It's available on certain ILX models. Look for a camera in the windshield & extra buttons on the steering wheel.
Old 04-19-2019, 12:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts
Default Re: Honda Sensing -How does one know it's there?

There is a sensor, a black plastic/glass looking piece, on the bottom left side of the front bumper, next to the fog light housing (this is the milli-meter wave radar unit). This will indicate Honda sensing. I can maybe snap a pic of it later tonight on our 2018 Civic Touring.