Notices
Honda Civic (2016 - Current) 10th Generation Civic Forum Civic / Si / Type-R Discussions

After reconnecting battery, Whole sting of errrors *SOLVED*

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2017, 06:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default After reconnecting battery, Whole sting of errrors *SOLVED*

I recently upgraded my horn package on my 2016 Honda Civic EXT. All went well.
I did have to take off the front nose to install the horn, and had disconnected the battery. (to prevent my from setting off the air bag sensors).

Got everything connected back up. New horn works great. I started the car, and it stalled out. I tried again and it started up, but now with a list of errors.

ACC, Emission Systems Problem (ESP), Power Steering Problem (EPS), Break System Problem, Break hold System problem, Hill start. Road Departure Mitigation problem (RDM). Charge System Problem, CMBS problem.

Now I know that the system needs to be 're-calibrated' as it has had a loss of power for an extend period. And I do remember reading that there is a list of steps you need to take to reset the system and clear all the errors.
Ex: Settings/Vehicle/, start on TPMS calibration, Idel the car for 10 mins, Drive over 60? for 90 seconds, after run, let idel for another 20 mins.

But I can not find that page that lists the steps in the correct order. Can any one enlighten me on how to reset the errors?

Last edited by eqrunner; 08-05-2017 at 07:27 PM.
Old 08-06-2017, 06:35 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default re: After reconnecting battery, Whole sting of errrors *SOLVED*

Well I am an idiot.

Cause of the issue: I had forgotten to reattach the cable to the air sensor located on the hood of the air filter.

Once that was reconnected. I did a full 'reset'. I disconnected the battery terminals. Let it sit for 10+ mins (In my case, over night) Hooked up the battery. Started the car. I had ACC and Road Departure problem errors. And "Drive Carefully, System Initializing"

I let the car sit for 15 mins. Not touching anything. (Started it up, went in side to eat breakfast.) When I returned, the errors were still there. I turned off the car, and turned back on. Backed out of my drive way, and in aprox 30-45 seconds, all the remaining errors cleared and all was well in the steering column display.

I drove for about 10 mins, parked in a parking lot, and turned on the center console interface (Hold the Power button for 3 seconds). Display came up. And did show 4 errors in its notification window. Break system, ABS, CMBS, and one other. I turned off the car and went into the store. Came out 30 mins later, Started her up, and drove out of the parking lot. With in about 1-2 mins, the errors on the center console cleared themselves.

Lesson learned: make sure you reconnect all the sensor cables, or else you are going to have a bad time