Notices
Honda Civic (2006 - 2015) 2006 - 2015 Civic Forums

Will the Bosch 6714 Platinum properly fit a 2006 Civic LX ?

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2017, 07:24 PM
Trial User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Will the Bosch 6714 Platinum properly fit a 2006 Civic LX ?

2006 honda civic lx 1.8L.

I have a bosch platinum 6714 x4 spark plug ready to be put in but I am worry if it will fit into my car. Anyone know?
Old 08-21-2017, 03:56 AM
I like the tuna here

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default re: Will the Bosch 6714 Platinum properly fit a 2006 Civic LX ?

Don't get Bosch plugs for hondas. You want NGK plugs.
Old 08-21-2017, 08:59 AM

Received 234 Likes on 209 Posts
Default re: Will the Bosch 6714 Platinum properly fit a 2006 Civic LX ?

Send it back, Get NGKs, and never look back.
Old 08-21-2017, 12:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts
Default Re: Will the Bosch 6714 Platinum properly fit a 2006 Civic LX ?

You know,you'd think this was an old wives tale,but i can attest to the fact that after 20 years in this business,Ive seen multiple Hondas hard-start,misfire, or get poor fuel economy with Bosch plugs.

No one in th industry seems to know why it is exactly. Maybe in the grand scheme of things, the failure numbers are too small to matter,but when its YOUR car it matters a lot.

Stick with NGK or Denso.
Old 08-22-2017, 10:12 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

NGK preferably is the best option... Denso is a good second. Avoid Bosch for a Honda like the plague!!!
Old 08-22-2017, 01:25 PM

Originally Posted by DaveSi677
NGK preferably is the best option... Denso is a good second. Avoid Bosch for a Honda like the plague!!!
They are the same company. One is the parent company of the other. That's like saying. "Get a Acura first, then a Honda"

DENSO SPARK PLUGS
Old 08-22-2017, 02:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by TheShodan
They are the same company. One is the parent company of the other. That's like saying. "Get a Acura first, then a Honda"

DENSO SPARK PLUGS
NGK is a powerhouse in the automotive world. They have their fingers in many pies, but Denso is not one of them(at least as far as I am aware.)

Many times parts cross reference simply because they are manufactured for the same vehicle by different companies.
Old 08-22-2017, 08:16 PM

Originally Posted by DCFIVER
NGK is a powerhouse in the automotive world. They have their fingers in many pies, but Denso is not one of them(at least as far as I am aware.)

Many times parts cross reference simply because they are manufactured for the same vehicle by different companies.
That is definitely not the case here. Would it help if I told you that I used to work for DENSO at the Southfield MI Headquarters, and still have colleagues that have been there the last 17 years? And that's kinda how I know this, and not talking out of my ***?

You seem to be a reasonable, intelligent and seasoned chap like myself. Why would I lie about this? What would I gain from not telling the truth?

Old 08-22-2017, 09:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

If you say so. Ive not heard of that before,ever.

And cannot seem to find anything in writing that substantiates your claim.

I did not mean to infer that you were lying,merely that you were mistaken. Perhaps I am the one mistaken. So be it.

I attend a lot of Denso training seminars. Its never come up during the BS sessions. But I guess there was never a reason for it to.

So did Denso break apart or are they still part of NGK? Why does one company not mention the other in either of their company history?
Old 08-23-2017, 06:28 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I know the plugs are$$ get ngk and enjoy for another 100+k look online for a coupon I'm sure you can find one !
Old 08-23-2017, 07:41 AM
W95 gives me a hard-on

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have bosh iridiums on mine and not a single problem yet.. 25k miles on them already.
Old 08-23-2017, 09:40 AM

Originally Posted by DCFIVER
If you say so. Ive not heard of that before,ever.

And cannot seem to find anything in writing that substantiates your claim.

I did not mean to infer that you were lying,merely that you were mistaken. Perhaps I am the one mistaken. So be it.

I attend a lot of Denso training seminars. Its never come up during the BS sessions. But I guess there was never a reason for it to.

So did Denso break apart or are they still part of NGK? Why does one company not mention the other in either of their company history?
Forgive me if I appeared rude in my previous post. I've posted this information before on H-T, (For some reason I can't find it, but it was rather recent. )
It's been that kind of week in which I'm a bit weary of paying for my own advice on some matters.

Back to the subject -Both of them are part of the same banking keiretsu in Japan. They started out separately, and still maintain separate IPOs. NGK started first in 1936, with Denso following in 1949 being originally owned by Toyoda (Toyota) Motor Company, with a convergence about 1970. Toyota still has about 25% ownership-interest in the company.

Look familiar?

Since NGK shared its technology with its insulator division with Denso, NGK created a separate spark plug division in the 70's, with which basically Denso bought into its intellectual property of NGK's insulators. They didn't want to violate any U.S. Anti-Trust laws, (Remember Microsoft before they were separated into Microsoft & Office in the 90's?..yeah. same thing.) So on paper and in the Nikkei, they are separate.

So, in essence, unlike in the U.S., where you have constant and consistent Press releases about % interest ownership. (Press releases were also part of the U.S. FTC - Anti-Trust division of its intro of its new laws in the 80's), you didn't really have that in Japan, until the last 20 or so years, when Japanese-American company representation and acquisition was at its peak.. Any research you look into isn't going to be in any U.S. site. you might find it still on Microfiche, (remember that ****?) but no Google search is going to tell you any of this. You had to kinda be there or involved in the legal process of the company. (not really Seminar-worthy conversation or worth any PowerPoint presentation you may have seen.)

So, they share similar naming conventions, but NGK is the Spark Plug group in which Denso follows with them since they share the same insulator IP tech from the same manufacturing facilities with the same distribution centers and the same banks.
Old 08-23-2017, 10:58 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by TheShodan
Forgive me if I appeared rude in my previous post. I've posted this information before on H-T, (For some reason I can't find it, but it was rather recent. )
It's been that kind of week in which I'm a bit weary of paying for my own advice on some matters.

Back to the subject -Both of them are part of the same banking keiretsu in Japan. They started out separately, and still maintain separate IPOs. NGK started first in 1936, with Denso following in 1949 being originally owned by Toyoda (Toyota) Motor Company, with a convergence about 1970. Toyota still has about 25% ownership-interest in the company.

Look familiar?

Since NGK shared its technology with its insulator division with Denso, NGK created a separate spark plug division in the 70's, with which basically Denso bought into its intellectual property of NGK's insulators. They didn't want to violate any U.S. Anti-Trust laws, (Remember Microsoft before they were separated into Microsoft & Office in the 90's?..yeah. same thing.) So on paper and in the Nikkei, they are separate.

So, in essence, unlike in the U.S., where you have constant and consistent Press releases about % interest ownership. (Press releases were also part of the U.S. FTC - Anti-Trust division of its intro of its new laws in the 80's), you didn't really have that in Japan, until the last 20 or so years, when Japanese-American company representation and acquisition was at its peak.. Any research you look into isn't going to be in any U.S. site. you might find it still on Microfiche, (remember that ****?) but no Google search is going to tell you any of this. You had to kinda be there or involved in the legal process of the company. (not really Seminar-worthy conversation or worth any PowerPoint presentation you may have seen.)

So, they share similar naming conventions, but NGK is the Spark Plug group in which Denso follows with them since they share the same insulator IP tech from the same manufacturing facilities with the same distribution centers and the same banks.
Beautiful. Thank you.