Tire Pressure Light

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2009, 05:45 PM
be professional

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Re: Tire Pressure Light

Originally Posted by Ricey McRicerton
Good god Fiji, that sucks.

If it makes you feel any better, now I've still got a TPMS light (after checking, driving, and being sure that I'm at the 33psi cold recommended) AND I've got to call honda and get the PIN for my damn radio. I pulled the backup fuse for about 15 minutes to get the TPMS light to reset, and ended up not fixing a damn thing.
Odd. Is it the "TPMS" light or the low tire pressure indicator (cross section of a tire with an exclamation point in the middle)? If it's the "TPMS" light, it means there may be something wrong with the system itself.
Old 01-18-2009, 06:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Targa250R
Odd. Is it the "TPMS" light or the low tire pressure indicator (cross section of a tire with an exclamation point in the middle)? If it's the "TPMS" light, it means there may be something wrong with the system itself.
It's the low tire light (the one with the ! in the middle) and not the TPMS indicator. I'm going to ask to speak to a service person tomorrow when I call. I'm not sure how comfortable I am bumping tire pressures beyond recommended.

Any idea what info I need when I call in for my radio code? Just my VIN right? I really don't want to have to pull this radio out and get any info off the top of it.
Old 01-18-2009, 06:32 PM
be professional

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Radio codes aren't related to the VIN at all in the Honda system.

Check the documentation that you were given with the car. It should have included a small white card with the radio code on it.

If you lost the radio code card, call the dealer that sold you the car. Since it's an '09, they will still have the deal information on file, including the radio code.

Barring that, you can usually get the serial number to display on the radio by turning it off, then holding the 1 and 6 buttons while pressing the power button. It will display Uxxxx, then Lyyyy. Remove the U and the L, and you're left with xxxxyyyy, which is your radio serial number. Edit: To clarify, show up at the dealer with the serial number, personal ID, and proof of ownership, and they will give you the radio code.

Last edited by Targa250R; 01-18-2009 at 07:50 PM.
Old 01-18-2009, 06:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Targa250R
Radio codes aren't related to the VIN at all in the Honda system.

Check the documentation that you were given with the car. It should have included a small white card with the radio code on it.

If you lost the radio code card, call the dealer that sold you the car. Since it's an '09, they will still have the deal information on file, including the radio code.

Barring that, you can usually get the serial number to display on the radio by turning it off, then holding the 1 and 6 buttons while pressing the power button. It will display Uxxxx, then Lyyyy. Remove the U and the L, and you're left with xxxxyyyy, which is your radio serial number.
Thanks man. I've not ever owned a Honda with a factory radio. I found the code and got the radio thing square. I'm still calling to see what they've got to say about the TPMS light tomorrow when I get to work.
Old 02-23-2009, 06:48 AM

Originally Posted by JackSparrow
^^

2008 Canadian civics do not have TPMS.

My 2008 4-door civic LX-SR does not have it.
I was pleased to find out before I went shopping for winter rims and tires.

How does the TPMS system work, btw?
I believe I heard that only certain wheels are compatible and/or you need the valves modified to accomodate a TPMS.
I'm a Electronic Engineering student. Just happened to be talking to another guy in my class who has an 08 Civic with TPMS. He's having issues with his TPMS light due to the temperature here. We asked our instructor if he knew how TPMS works and he said its a sensor mounted inside the wheel that transmits through Bluetooth. Don't know for sure if thats correct, but sounds reasonable.
Old 02-23-2009, 07:36 AM

yea i have a 07 that was made in march of 07 and it doesnt have the tpms light. . .my buddys 08 comes when were at the strip