Notices
Honda Civic (2006 - 2015) 2006 - 2015 Civic Forums

tie bars and brace

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2007, 10:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default tie bars and brace

checked out corsport and saw the tie bars and underbody brace. just wondering if i didn't have no other suspension mods. will it still benefit me? like will i feel an improvement overall in the handling?
Old 09-24-2007, 10:34 PM
New User

Default Re: tie bars and brace (civic710)

chassis brace's will not change the your cars handeling, if any . tie bars ,strut bars all that stuff its more or less gives your car a diffrent feel "stiffer" if you want to make your car better handeling work on your suspension. shocks,springs,coil-overs,swaybars, sticky tires,alignment
Old 09-25-2007, 07:10 AM
Honda-Tech Member

i had the front and rear lower tie bar with hbrace before i got lowered. only because i got them for real cheap. its not going to help at all, lol. plus you run the risk of warping your paint near the quarter pannels (so i was told) being your car is too stiff compared to the ride height.

my advise, get them, and drop the car as soon as you can.
Old 09-25-2007, 07:52 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: tie bars and brace (Nighthawk R18)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Nighthawk R18 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i had the front and rear lower tie bar with hbrace before i got lowered. only because i got them for real cheap. its not going to help at all, lol. plus you run the risk of warping your paint near the quarter pannels (so i was told) being your car is too stiff compared to the ride height.

my advise, get them, and drop the car as soon as you can.</TD></TR></TABLE>
so how is the car feeling since you car is dropped?
Old 09-25-2007, 08:05 AM

Default Re: tie bars and brace (fg2si!kid)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by fg2si!kid &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">chassis brace's will not change the your cars handeling, if any . tie bars ,strut bars all that stuff its more or less gives your car a diffrent feel "stiffer" if you want to make your car better handeling work on your suspension. shocks,springs,coil-overs,swaybars, sticky tires,alignment</TD></TR></TABLE>

They won't change the handling of the car? Isn't that their EXACT purpose? Stiffening up the car = less body 'roll' / flexing of the car = better handling characteristics. At least, that's how I understand it..
Old 09-25-2007, 08:13 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: tie bars and brace (elohel)

so, the debate begins again about whether or not chassis bracing helps on a modern chassis.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by elohel &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

They won't change the handling of the car? Isn't that their EXACT purpose? Stiffening up the car = less body 'roll' / flexing of the car = better handling characteristics. At least, that's how I understand it..</TD></TR></TABLE>

that is the theory behind it. on an old DA integra sure chassis bracing will help because it was designed 18 years ago. so the real question is do they provide any benefit for our cars.

discuss. lol
Old 09-25-2007, 11:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: tie bars and brace (06civicracer)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 06civicracer &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
so how is the car feeling since you car is dropped?</TD></TR></TABLE>

fantastic . im still sliding around a bit with my shitty all seasons, but when i borrowed my friends rims for a photoshoot, handled like a charm. its going to be even waaay better when i get my coils. i cant wait for that.
Old 09-26-2007, 11:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I don't think you'll feel a thing unless you driving it hard everyday and hug every single corner you come across really fast. As far as handling goes, it'll help your chasis not getting possible bending from autoX and stuff, and that's pretty much it.

You don't really need those for daily driving, and you wouldn't be able to tell the difference unless the car is driven to it's limit. But they look nice under the car though, and give you more confident while cornering fast.