Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion

Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion (https://honda-tech.com/forums/)
-   Honda Civic (2006 - 2015) (https://honda-tech.com/forums/honda-civic-2006-2015-79/)
-   -   Sedan or Coupe? 8th gen Si? (https://honda-tech.com/forums/honda-civic-2006-2015-79/sedan-coupe-8th-gen-si-2696180/)

KPPPowa 12-14-2009 05:47 PM

Re: Sedan or Coupe? 8th gen Si?

Both are same performance, so pretty much just what you think looks better.. LOL

jdmeg9 12-14-2009 05:58 PM

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a35...3/DSC05298.jpg

sedans are by far the better looking of the two in my opinion of course that is why i bought mine.

THEdumbGURU 12-14-2009 06:30 PM

the one thing that i don't like about the 2010 si sedan is the chrome piece above the license plate instead of the body color one the older models have

FijiBlueFG2 12-14-2009 06:36 PM

Originally Posted by jdmeg9 (Post 40949263)
wasn't even interested in the 8th gen until i saw the si sedan. i already own a rsx type-s and a prelude Si so i have no need for another coupe.

I wasn't interested in the 8th Gen until I learned it had a k20 that pushed more than 160 at the wheels.

I got the coupe cause I was always a fan of the em1 in electron blue.

TrueIce 12-14-2009 08:29 PM

Originally Posted by FijiBlueFG2 (Post 40949738)
I wasn't interested in the 8th Gen until I learned it had a k20 that pushed more than 160 at the wheels.

I got the coupe cause I was always a fan of the em1 in electron blue.

The K20 did it for me too because I wasn't a big fan of the base models 147hp... I ended up with the Coupe because it was cheaper than the Sedan when I was shopping...

i-VTEC_DOHC 12-14-2009 11:19 PM

it really depends on what you're looking to achieve with the car, if you want the ctr conversion or if you have a family, get the sedan. if you want a more sporty look and higher insurance, get a coupe. but i personally like the coupe more than the sedan because its more suitable for my daily needs. but dont get me wrong, both cars, if they're done up right, look very clean. but i also dont like having a sedan because then everyone is gonna want a ride and what not and it does get annoying. trust me i've dealt with it for a couple years, thats why i prefer the coupe. the weight difference between the 2 is like 60 pounds or something, and thats a negligible difference when you have the cars side by side. so hopefully i gave you some insight.

2008fijibluesi 12-15-2009 04:23 AM

Originally Posted by jdmeg9 (Post 40949355)
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a35...3/DSC05298.jpg

sedans are by far the better looking of the two in my opinion of course that is why i bought mine.

If I was trying to decide, this picture would make me get a coupe...no offense.

Type Ram 12-15-2009 01:11 PM

Originally Posted by TheMuffinMan (Post 40948966)
If this is your deciding factor for a car....you shouldn't buy a car.

what do you mean? i wanted to see what you guys think of both, I probably offended you guys saying the regular coupe civics are for girls, sorry.

TheMuffinMan 12-15-2009 01:17 PM

Originally Posted by Type Ram (Post 40957729)
what do you mean? i wanted to see what you guys think of both, I probably offended you guys saying the regular coupe civics are for girls, sorry.

No, the fact if a girl (~50% of the world population) drives a car is a deciding factor for a car you're paying for is just asinine.

You buy the car that suits your needs. That's why these threads are always retarded.

Need 4 doors? Get a sedan
Don't care? Get either
Want 2 doors? Get a coupe

Price - roughly the same
Performance - roughly the same
Availability - roughly the same

You're going to get a thousand replies with everyone saying something different. Who's actually buying the car though? You or are you buying it for some other random user here on HT?

nscivicsi 12-16-2009 05:02 AM

Originally Posted by RICO_ (Post 40948945)
Funny how many people swear by the sedan. And I have nothing against a Sedan Si.....but answer me this.........AND BE HONEST......

How many of you Sedan owners would have gotten the Si Coupe if Honda had never even made or released any kind of design concept for the SEDAN Si?? Tell the truth now.

I would have bought the coupe Si if there would have been no Si sedan. I just thought the Si sedan was right for me now at 52. Now if that would have been 30 years ago, different story.

Type Ram 12-16-2009 12:15 PM

Originally Posted by TheMuffinMan (Post 40957804)
No, the fact if a girl (~50% of the world population) drives a car is a deciding factor for a car you're paying for is just asinine.

You buy the car that suits your needs. That's why these threads are always retarded.

Need 4 doors? Get a sedan
Don't care? Get either
Want 2 doors? Get a coupe

Price - roughly the same
Performance - roughly the same
Availability - roughly the same

You're going to get a thousand replies with everyone saying something different. Who's actually buying the car though? You or are you buying it for some other random user here on HT?

yeah well i already decideda sedan,
my neighbor has a 4 door 08 Si i got a ride in it was awesome especially when the VTEC kicked in...

K5^ 12-16-2009 12:20 PM

Vtec is the same in the coupe and sedan...

TheMuffinMan 12-16-2009 12:23 PM

Originally Posted by Type Ram (Post 40968394)
yeah well i already decideda sedan,
my neighbor has a 4 door 08 Si i got a ride in it was awesome especially when the VTEC kicked in...

I should mention I apologize if I came off as a giant douche, that was quite the rough/stressful day haha

Greg50Lt 12-16-2009 03:08 PM

Well I can tell you that.a buddy has the sedan and it has more head room. Also there is more space in the sedan. I got a coupe and if I had to do it over it would be a hard choice for me.

Look at what you wann do to the car and YOUR needs. Chuck Norris(muffin man) defiantly tells you how it is and should be.

Type Ram 12-16-2009 07:17 PM

Originally Posted by TheMuffinMan (Post 40968468)
I should mention I apologize if I came off as a giant douche, that was quite the rough/stressful day haha

yeah happens to me too, those type r sedans are nice sucks that usdm doesn't havet

dany08fa 12-17-2009 03:19 PM

coupes look nice, but if you are a true jdm enthusiast you would go for the sedan hands down. why do you think the usdm mugen was made from a fa5?

in japan coupes don't even exist. looks i guess is a matter of opinion. i personaly like the sedan that's why i have one.

but none the less sedan is way more jdm and have way more jdm parts out there do to the fact japan does not make any parts specific to the coupes.

sedan FTW.

Type Ram 12-17-2009 04:55 PM

Originally Posted by dany08fa (Post 40980768)
coupes look nice, but if you are a true jdm enthusiast you would go for the sedan hands down. why do you think the usdm mugen was made from a fa5?

in japan sedans don't even exist. looks i guess is a matter of opinion. i personaly like the sedan that's why i have one.

but none the less sedan is way more jdm and have way more jdm parts out there do to the fact japan does not make any parts specific to the coupes.

sedan FTW.

Thumps up:thumbup:
yeah sedan is all JDM

Zack... 12-18-2009 10:59 AM

sedan

i-VTEC_DOHC 12-18-2009 12:29 PM

Originally Posted by dany08fa (Post 40980768)

in japan sedans don't even exist. looks i guess is a matter of opinion. i personaly like the sedan that's why i have one.

sedan FTW.

if you're a true jdm enthusiast, you would buy a type-r. not a usdm sedan.

fail. coupes dont exist in japan.

Ross 12-18-2009 08:31 PM

Obviously he mis-spoke, and meant to say that there are no coupes in Japan. I saw the typo as well, but his general point was unmistakable.

2008fijibluesi 12-18-2009 11:03 PM

Originally Posted by Ross (Post 40993147)
Obviously he mis-spoke, and meant to say that there are no coupes in Japan. I saw the typo as well, but his general point was unmistakable.

Agreed. I saw his typo literally one minute after he posted because I was on when he did, but it was obvious what he meant, so I refrained from correcting him.

RookieCivic 12-19-2009 02:02 AM

sedan all the way more room looks better comes in si!!! whats not to like!

ripburn 12-19-2009 03:28 AM

Sedan it has more room.

dany08fa 12-19-2009 07:51 PM

Originally Posted by i-VTEC_DOHC (Post 40989624)
if you're a true jdm enthusiast, you would buy a type-r. not a usdm sedan.

fail. coupes dont exist in japan.

too bad there's no type r in america otherwise i would have. :ugh:

i have a mugen cause that's the next closest thing. am i right? =]

and my mistake for the typo. lol

wildabeast 12-20-2009 09:05 AM

Sedan will be cheaper on the insurance. Sedan is also less targeted by the po-po.