Seatbelt Chime (BEEPER) Bypass Procedure - Page 4 - Honda-Tech

Seatbelt Chime (BEEPER) Bypass Procedure

Old 10-10-2009, 09:54 AM   #76
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Seatbelt Chime (BEEPER) Bypass Procedure

How about a simple solution, can the chime be unplugged? I've done that to my previous car, this defeats the chime for keys in ign, lights on, door open, and seat belts unlatched. Kinda a do one does all effect. Anyone know the location of the chime and it's plug?
Hawn Si is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 10:04 AM   #77
Honda-Tech Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawn Si View Post
How about a simple solution, can the chime be unplugged? I've done that to my previous car, this defeats the chime for keys in ign, lights on, door open, and seat belts unlatched. Kinda a do one does all effect. Anyone know the location of the chime and it's plug?
It's most likely in the dash somewhere.
2008fijibluesi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 10:21 AM   #78

yeah that thing sure is annoying but what about when theres a passanger and they dont buckle up it f***n suck
cheliz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 08:58 AM   #79
Road House

I just ignore it until they get pissed off and go. "WTF Is That Beeping NOISE?!"
FijiBlueFG2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 06:05 AM   #80
Honda-Tech Member

I don't think the chime really "makes" people weat their seatbelt. This is great for me because I hate the annoying chime when I start my car. I'm one who can't drive w/o a seatbelt, and I think that most would agree that it feels unnatural to be driving around w/o a seatbelt. How many times have I got up to go to school at 7 AM when its 21 degrees and windy outside and the last thing I want to hear is that annoying chime.
O RLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 06:19 AM   #81
Road House

If you're used to driving with a seatbelt then it feels unnatural to not have one.

Not wearing a seatbelt is fine. I used to never wear one.

But now I do.

So, seatbelt ftw.

Last edited by FijiBlueFG2; 10-13-2009 at 08:03 AM.
FijiBlueFG2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 08:34 AM   #82
Honda-Tech Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by O RLY View Post
I don't think the chime really "makes" people weat their seatbelt. This is great for me because I hate the annoying chime when I start my car. I'm one who can't drive w/o a seatbelt, and I think that most would agree that it feels unnatural to be driving around w/o a seatbelt. How many times have I got up to go to school at 7 AM when its 21 degrees and windy outside and the last thing I want to hear is that annoying chime.
the chime DOES make people wear their belt, it's really loud and really annoying. i always wear my seatbelt too, but most of my friends only wear the belt when riding in my car .
vladd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 03:55 PM   #83
New User

finally i could shut it off
Aronski! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 11:45 AM   #84
New User

Just to be clear your totally unplugging the connector from the seat belt to the wires under the carpet and your shorting pin one to three on the connector running under the seat.

Your not connecting pin 1 from the seat belt to pin 3 on the other connector running under the carpet right?

At the end of the mod the connection is totally disconnected with the wire going from pin 1 to 3 on the carpet side connector. Right?

Know it's confusing but I just want to be sure I don't screw up the car.
agent059 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 05:36 PM   #85
Trial User

Just picked up a Civic and was also wanting to disable the seatbelt nag. I didn't feel comfortable re-wiring anything in the seat or taking apart the buckle plug assembly. I didn't want my diy skills to endanger anyone after I sell it down the road.

I did find these: 2pcs Car Safety Seat Belt Buckle Alarm Stop for Honda

They took a while to arrive, but are very handy. And saved me a trip to the junkyard to find an old seat belt to accomplish the same purpose.
SiSenor2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 09:08 AM   #86
Trial User

WOW sum ppl really take this to heart LOL if your use to wearing your seatbelt u shouldnt need a beep to remind you right ?
CivicSISedan07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 09:15 AM   #87
Honda-Tech Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CivicSISedan07 View Post
WOW sum ppl really take this to heart LOL if your use to wearing your seatbelt u shouldnt need a beep to remind you right ?
And your point? The chime obviously isn't made for people who normally wear their belts.
vladd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 02:19 PM   #88
Honda-Tech Member

Man I wish a moderator would remove all the b.s. from this thread...anyways, I'm still confused on how to remove passenger chime but keep pass airbag light from coming on!...
I did driver side without a hitch!

Clarification on the pass side would be great! .
cueto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 11:52 AM   #89
Trial User

thanks for this going to try

Posted from Honda-tech.com App for Android
mattdexter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 05:45 AM   #90
Trial User

My seat belt alarm wont go off. Drove 6 hrs with it beeping even thigh the seat belts were fastened. Will this fix fix that?
ohioscanner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 10:54 AM   #91
Honda-Tech Member

lolol.. even though i agree that the beeping noise is ear piercing and annoying but after a few miles down the road it quits anyways.. at least it does in my fa5
Mister-Si is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 12:04 PM   #92
Honda-Tech Member

This would be nice if i didn't live in mrrlnd. (native for Maryland) Seat belt check points like crazy.
fsujunkie850 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 12:10 PM   #93
Honda-Tech Member

Great write up dude ....... And to everyone that has a problem with this write up ....., here is reality a beeping noise is not gonna make or break someone from putting on a seat belt !!! I never wear my belt it an beep all it wants .... But not no more after this weekend also people are either gonna wear it or not nothing we say nor sate will change there minds .... Great tread !!!!
Mill-town2uner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 07:25 AM   #94
Trial User

Great write up. Going to try it today. I will report back and let you guys know how it went for me. I only care to do the drivers seat. So to what i read, i wont have to deal with the airbag light coming on or anything. Seems like people say that happens when they do the passenger side too.

As for all the wanna be cops on here, Do you go around stopping people from riding a motorcycle? There are not seat belts there.... The point on that is, there are many things people do unsafe. If they know why its not a good thing to do thats it! Stop bitching. Its there life. Get over your self.
techavluis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 12:06 PM   #95
Trial User

Thanks for this information.

For those of you b*tching about it's a safety thing to disable who cares. If a person does this it's up to them to accept responsibility for copying instructions off the internet.

Some of us have other reasons, like my fat dog will sit in the passenger seat and set it off. No I'm not going to put my dog in a doggie seatbelt. So it's nice to be able to drive without it going off constantly.
Redaddiction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 01:49 PM   #96
Trial User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohioscanner View Post
My seat belt alarm wont go off. Drove 6 hrs with it beeping even thigh the seat belts were fastened. Will this fix fix that?
It might. You're alarm wasn't turning off because the computer didn't see a seat belt connected. If the issue is in your buckle housing or in the connection from the buckle to the harness that runs under the carpet, this will bypass the issue and turn off the beeping. If the problem is between the computer and the harness under the seat, this won't fix it.
CapinWinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 02:08 PM   #97
Trial User

Quote:
Originally Posted by cueto View Post
Man I wish a moderator would remove all the b.s. from this thread...anyways, I'm still confused on how to remove passenger chime but keep pass airbag light from coming on!...
I did driver side without a hitch!

Clarification on the pass side would be great! .
This doesn't magically turn off airbags, I don't know how this came up. When unbuckled, the center wire is connected to ground and when the buckle is inserted, the center wire is disconnected and the outside wire is connected to ground. If the computer sees neither wire connected to ground or both wires connected to ground, it records a fault code and proceeds as if the buckle is not inserted (it beeps) (conforming to Performance Level d, AKA PLd, google it). There are two source wires simply because it is an anti-equivalent safety switch so one must be off and one on at all times so the computer can detect wiring problems.

If this causes something weird with airbag lights, it's only because the pressure sensor in the passenger seat is seeing no weight but the car is seeing the seat belt is buckled. If a passenger actually sat in the seat, the car would function as normal. Faking out the pressure sensor would require different wiring tricks and probably a resistor for that harnes and seems like a lot of work to turn off a dash light.
Old 10-16-2013, 02:44 PM   #98
Trial User

I know I'm finding this thread 5 years after the fact, but I only looked because I found out you could turn off the AC when in defrost after years of searching for how to do it. That lead me to look for a solution to the second most annoying thing about the car, the seat belt beep. Turns out most foreign cars have a crazy code of pedals and buckling/unbuckling that will turn this off and most likely so do our civics, just for whatever reason, all the secret konami codes haven't been compile in one place, even 8 years after the cars came out. For now, I'm rocking the jumpers and it's great.

I'm actually astonished that so many people are so vehement about the personal decisions of other people, to the point that they comment spam hateful messages to try to derail the dozens of threads on this topic. Its good to see that someone finally got the information out there!
Old 03-18-2017, 09:12 AM   #99
Trial User

OMG Thank You so much for this! My sensor is broken and never stops going off! Don't listen to these people, this is so useful and you're a lifesaver!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pegtech View Post
I have a 2008 Civic and the seatbelt beeper was driving me crazy. I ALWAYS wear my seatbelt but like any normal person, I get in the car with my keys in my hand and naturally insert the keys and start the car before I put on my seatbelt. The beeper imediately starts beeping, 8 ear pearcing beeps, or until I can get the belt fastened as quickly as possible, which still subjects my ears to at least 5 or 6 beeps. Something about that particular tone that is so anoying. So, I contacted a buddy of mine who is an engineer at Honda and asked him for the fix. Here it is folks:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pegtech View Post
-Disconnect the car battery to avoid setting an air bag warning code.

-unplug the three pin connector under the seat, just trace the wire coming out of the buckle to find it under the seat. On my car, the wires from the seatbelt buckle side of the connector were:
Pin 1-Green
Pin 2-Red
Pin 3-Black

And on the other side of the plug, heading under the carpet, the three wires are:
Pin 1-Green
Pin 2-Yellow
Pin 3-Black

- With a short pirce of 18 or 20 guage wire, solid conductor, short pin one to pin 3 on the plug with wires that head under carpet:

1 = NO = Green... short to terminal 3
2 = NC = Yellow..leave open
3 = gnd = Black

Now just leave the connector unplugged with the wire jumping pin one to pin 3 and the car will think that the seatbelt in always plugged in.

Reconnect the battery and enjoy the silence.

Just dont forget to buckle-Up!

Modified by Pegtech at 7:04 PM 10/8/2008
Stefany Cherry is offline   Reply With Quote