Seatbelt Chime (BEEPER) Bypass Procedure - Page 3 - Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion


Honda Civic (2006 - 2015) 2006 - 2015 Civic Forums

Seatbelt Chime (BEEPER) Bypass Procedure

Reply
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-21-2009, 10:24 AM   #51
Honda-Tech Member
 
rileyrat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Suwon, Korea
Posts: 219
Default Re: Seatbelt Chime (BEEPER) Bypass Procedure

Quote:
Originally Posted by i-VTEC_DOHC View Post
this would help with the procedure of installing aftermarket seats.
Not really, the issue with seats is losing the air bag. Loss of the seat air bags stops the other air bags from working. A simple resistor will remedy that. Still the removal of a safety system, and a bad idea for a DD car.
rileyrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 10:58 AM   #52
New User
 
red7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Charleston, SC
Posts: 6
Default Re: Seatbelt Chime (BEEPER) Bypass Procedure

This information is much appreciated, gold, really hard to find. Now, is there a procedure for disabling the chime when the door is open? I usually leave the door open when I start my car while I put my stuff where it goes because right after I have to go and open the gate, so door open and no seat belt until I leave the gate. It is crazy the way Honda designed this. Why does it has to beep so many times? My 1993 318i is totally silent unless I leave the lights on.
red7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 12:11 PM   #53
Road House
 
FijiBlueFG2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Home of Champions. The Boston Massachusetts.
Posts: 1,818
Default Re: Seatbelt Chime (BEEPER) Bypass Procedure

Don't put the car into gear and it won't beep. Or just shut the door...whats the problem?
FijiBlueFG2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 12:39 PM   #54
Honda-Tech Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Posts: 5,501
Default Re: Seatbelt Chime (BEEPER) Bypass Procedure

for those of you jumping the plug on the seat buckles to get rid of the beeping, remember that whether the seatbelt is being used or not affects how the airbags deploy. you guys are really smart for ****ing with the srs system just cuz you're too lazy to wear a seatbelt .
vladd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 12:53 PM   #55
Honda-Tech Member
 
2008fijibluesi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Jersey
Posts: 2,740
Default Re: Seatbelt Chime (BEEPER) Bypass Procedure

Quote:
Originally Posted by vladd View Post
for those of you jumping the plug on the seat buckles to get rid of the beeping, remember that whether the seatbelt is being used or not affects how the airbags deploy. you guys are really smart for ****ing with the srs system just cuz you're too lazy to wear a seatbelt .
Having the airbags deploy when you're not wearing a seatbelt could be much worse than if they were to not deploy in the same situation.
2008fijibluesi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 12:56 PM   #56
Honda-Tech Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Posts: 5,501
Default Re: Seatbelt Chime (BEEPER) Bypass Procedure

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2008fijibluesi View Post
Having the airbags deploy when you're not wearing a seatbelt could be much worse than if they were to not deploy in the same situation.
what? did you get hit on the head today or something? 2nd post you've just made that doesn't make much sense.

are you agreeing with my post above or disagreeing?
vladd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 01:29 PM   #57
Honda-Tech Member
 
2008fijibluesi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Jersey
Posts: 2,740
Default Re: Seatbelt Chime (BEEPER) Bypass Procedure

Quote:
Originally Posted by vladd View Post
what? did you get hit on the head today or something? 2nd post you've just made that doesn't make much sense.

are you agreeing with my post above or disagreeing?

Why is it so hard for you to understand things today? My point is very clear.

Airbags are designed to go off with a person located in a seated position, with the seatbelt on. If a person is involved in an accident without a seatbelt, the airbags will probably do more bad than good because they are not deploying in the supportive way, with the occupant at the position they were designed.

You were pretty unclear, so if that's what you're trying to say, I'm agreeing with you. If it's not, you're wrong.

Last edited by 2008fijibluesi; 10-04-2009 at 01:35 PM.
2008fijibluesi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 01:35 PM   #58
Honda-Tech Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Posts: 5,501
Default Re: Seatbelt Chime (BEEPER) Bypass Procedure

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2008fijibluesi View Post
Are you retarded?

Why is it so hard for you to understand things today? My point is very clear.

Airbags are designed to go off with a person located in a seated position, with the seatbelt on. If a person is involved in an accident without a seatbelt, the airbags will probably do more bad than good because they are not deploying in the supportive way, with the occupant at the position they were designed.

You were pretty unclear, so if that's what you're trying to say, I'm agreeing with you. If it's not, you're wrong.
haha. alright that cleared it up. the airbags will go off regardless of whether the person is wearing the seatbelt or not, but if the person isn't, then they'll go off with more force (at least this is how the steering wheel airbag works). with the seatbelt restraining the person, the airbag needs less force to get the same thing done.
vladd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 01:38 PM   #59
Honda-Tech Member
 
2008fijibluesi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Jersey
Posts: 2,740
Default Re: Seatbelt Chime (BEEPER) Bypass Procedure

Quote:
Originally Posted by vladd View Post
haha. alright that cleared it up. the airbags will go off regardless of whether the person is wearing the seatbelt or not, but if the person isn't, then they'll go off with more force (at least this is how the steering wheel airbag works). with the seatbelt restraining the person, the airbag needs less force to get the same thing done.
So are we in agreement?! LOL
2008fijibluesi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 01:46 PM   #60
Honda-Tech Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Posts: 5,501
Default Re: Seatbelt Chime (BEEPER) Bypass Procedure

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2008fijibluesi View Post
So are we in agreement?! LOL
nope. haha. i think that if you're not wearing a seatbelt then the airbags should go off with more force, because your body is then moving faster towards the steering wheel or dash in an accident. i've heard a few stories from friends where they weren't wearing seatbelts in accidents and the airbag was the only thing that kept them from going through the windshield.
vladd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 01:54 PM   #61
Honda-Tech Member
 
2008fijibluesi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Jersey
Posts: 2,740
Default Re: Seatbelt Chime (BEEPER) Bypass Procedure

Quote:
Originally Posted by vladd View Post
nope. haha. i think that if you're not wearing a seatbelt then the airbags should go off with more force, because your body is then moving faster towards the steering wheel or dash in an accident. i've heard a few stories from friends where they weren't wearing seatbelts in accidents and the airbag was the only thing that kept them from going through the windshield.
I'm not saying that in every case, the airbag going off is worse. Just some. The airbag could break someone's neck if they are at a weird angle that they wouldn't be in, had they been wearing their seatbelt.

Ehh whatever...I never have to worry about it because I move a car or get in a friends car without putting my seatbelt on.
2008fijibluesi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 01:58 PM   #62
Road House
 
FijiBlueFG2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Home of Champions. The Boston Massachusetts.
Posts: 1,818
Default Re: Seatbelt Chime (BEEPER) Bypass Procedure

It takes a lot to get the airbags to go off in our cars.

Of the two totalled Hondas I've been in, neither time did the aribags deploy.
FijiBlueFG2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 03:16 PM   #63
Honda-Tech Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Posts: 5,501
Default Re: Seatbelt Chime (BEEPER) Bypass Procedure

Quote:
Originally Posted by FijiBlueFG2 View Post
It takes a lot to get the airbags to go off in our cars.

Of the two totalled Hondas I've been in, neither time did the aribags deploy.
i managed to set the airbags off in my first integra .

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2008fijibluesi View Post
I'm not saying that in every case, the airbag going off is worse. Just some. The airbag could break someone's neck if they are at a weird angle that they wouldn't be in, had they been wearing their seatbelt.

Ehh whatever...I never have to worry about it because I move a car or get in a friends car without putting my seatbelt on.
of course there are situations where the outcome would've been better without airbags, but overall airbags have saved more lives than they've taken (as i'm sure you're well aware of). imo if you're stupid enough to drive without seatbelts then you deserve what you get. after a really close call in my buddy's car a few years ago i've never gotten into a car without putting the belt on.
vladd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 07:30 PM   #64
Honda-Tech Member
 
2008fijibluesi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Jersey
Posts: 2,740
Default Re: Seatbelt Chime (BEEPER) Bypass Procedure

I've only been in one accident where the airbags deployed. In that situation, the airbag actually did no good. It just hit me in the side of the face and gave me a bruise. My seatbelt did such a good job of holding me that I had a bruise diagonally across my chest. But yes, most of the time the airbags definitely do more good than bad, whether you are wearing a seatbelt or not.
2008fijibluesi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 02:33 AM   #65
New User
 
red7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Charleston, SC
Posts: 6
Default Re: Seatbelt Chime (BEEPER) Bypass Procedure

Quote:
Originally Posted by FijiBlueFG2 View Post
Don't put the car into gear and it won't beep. Or just shut the door...whats the problem?
Well, this is a manual tranny car. The problem is that the beeping is annoying. When I put the key in the ignition it beeps, not once or twice but several times just in case I did not hear the 1st couple of beeps. I am not closing the door or putting my seat belt on just yet because I have to drive a whole 25 ft to get my car out of the driveway, at which point I do put my seat belt on (personal choice). Before I open the gate to my driveway I like to start warming up the engine and drop off everything that I am carrying inside the car, that is the reason for open door and no seat belt ( only for 25 ft). To avoid the beeping I will have to do the following:
1 Drop stuff inside car
2 Open gate
3 Get into car
4 Close door
5 Put on seat belt
6 Start car
7 Drive outside the gate
8 Unbuckle seat belt
9 Get out of car
10 Close the gate
11 Get back to the car, seat belt on and drive away.

My 1993 BMW will not beep if the door is open, if the seat belt is not buckle, or if you just put the key on the ignition with the door open. That is the way it should be.
red7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 03:53 AM   #66
Honda-Tech Member
 
2008fijibluesi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Jersey
Posts: 2,740
Default Re: Seatbelt Chime (BEEPER) Bypass Procedure

Yeah man...sounds like you'd waste 4.7 seconds of your hectic day putting on/taking off your seatbelt.
2008fijibluesi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 05:23 AM   #67
Road House
 
FijiBlueFG2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Home of Champions. The Boston Massachusetts.
Posts: 1,818
Default Re: Seatbelt Chime (BEEPER) Bypass Procedure

If you don't go above 10mph the seatbelt chime won't go off. You don't need to floor it out of your garage, if you'rev stopping 25 feet later.
FijiBlueFG2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 05:30 AM   #68
He knows where you live!
iTrader: (1)
 
TheMuffinMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 12,522
Default Re: Seatbelt Chime (BEEPER) Bypass Procedure

Quote:
Originally Posted by FijiBlueFG2 View Post
If you don't go above 10mph the seatbelt chime won't go off. You don't need to floor it out of your garage, if you'rev stopping 25 feet later.
Exactly, I've driven two blocks up the street to my girlfriend's house and kept it under 10 to avoid the chime.

And the reason your BMW doesn't beep is because in terms of safety it isn't the best anymore - probably never was haha.
TheMuffinMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 05:33 AM   #69
Road House
 
FijiBlueFG2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Home of Champions. The Boston Massachusetts.
Posts: 1,818
Default Re: Seatbelt Chime (BEEPER) Bypass Procedure

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMuffinMan View Post
Exactly, I've driven two blocks up the street to my girlfriend's house and kept it under 10 to avoid the chime.

And the reason your BMW doesn't beep is because in terms of safety it isn't the best anymore - probably never was haha.
Didn't he say it was a 1993? Of course it is less safe. That's like asking, "Why is my computer that was manufactured in 1995 so slow?"
FijiBlueFG2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 09:11 AM   #70
New User
 
red7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Charleston, SC
Posts: 6
Default Re: Seatbelt Chime (BEEPER) Bypass Procedure

There is no added safety from this, people that don't wear seatbelts will get the extra buckle or do this mod. One way or the other they will not wear it, and that is fine it is their decision. For me this is not a fully solved problem as I will like it to be silent when I put the key in the ignition with the door open.
red7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 11:53 AM   #71
Road House
 
FijiBlueFG2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Home of Champions. The Boston Massachusetts.
Posts: 1,818
Default Re: Seatbelt Chime (BEEPER) Bypass Procedure

Are you talking about the ignition beep, or seatbelt chime?

Seatbelt chime shouldn't be going off if the car is parked.

And the ignition beep shouldn't go off if the lights are off.
FijiBlueFG2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 08:05 PM   #72
New User
 
red7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Charleston, SC
Posts: 6
Default Re: Seatbelt Chime (BEEPER) Bypass Procedure

Quote:
Originally Posted by FijiBlueFG2 View Post
Are you talking about the ignition beep, or seatbelt chime?

Seatbelt chime shouldn't be going off if the car is parked.

And the ignition beep shouldn't go off if the lights are off.
True, I guess the seatbelt chime will only goes on after 9MPH, when the doors auto lock. Maybe what I really need is a way to silence it when the key is in the ignition w/door open. Good point that this would be only the ignition beep.
red7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 08:11 PM   #73
Honda-Tech Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Posts: 5,501
Default Re: Seatbelt Chime (BEEPER) Bypass Procedure

Quote:
Originally Posted by red7 View Post
True, I guess the seatbelt chime will only goes on after 9MPH, when the doors auto lock. Maybe what I really need is a way to silence it when the key is in the ignition w/door open. Good point that this would be only the ignition beep.
just turn the ignition to the on position without starting the car. that beeping when the door's open makes me wana punch babies
vladd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 03:25 AM   #74
He knows where you live!
iTrader: (1)
 
TheMuffinMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 12,522
Default Re: Seatbelt Chime (BEEPER) Bypass Procedure

Quote:
Originally Posted by red7 View Post
There is no added safety from this, people that don't wear seatbelts will get the extra buckle or do this mod. One way or the other they will not wear it, and that is fine it is their decision. For me this is not a fully solved problem as I will like it to be silent when I put the key in the ignition with the door open.
Or they aren't aware of Honda-Tech (amazingly not everyone is on here) and skilled enough to do the "procedure" and just put the belt on?

It itself is not a safety feature however it is a reminder to USE the safety feature. Some people probably don't remember/forget to put a belt on, a chime and flashing light will get their attention. Safety is all about layers.
TheMuffinMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 11:33 AM   #75
Road House
 
FijiBlueFG2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Home of Champions. The Boston Massachusetts.
Posts: 1,818
Default Re: Seatbelt Chime (BEEPER) Bypass Procedure

Quote:
Originally Posted by red7 View Post
Well, this is a manual tranny car. The problem is that the beeping is annoying. When I put the key in the ignition it beeps, not once or twice but several times just in case I did not hear the 1st couple of beeps. I am not closing the door or putting my seat belt on just yet because I have to drive a whole 25 ft to get my car out of the driveway, at which point I do put my seat belt on (personal choice). Before I open the gate to my driveway I like to start warming up the engine and drop off everything that I am carrying inside the car, that is the reason for open door and no seat belt ( only for 25 ft). To avoid the beeping I will have to do the following:
1 Drop stuff inside car
2 Open gate
3 Get into car
4 Close door
5 Put on seat belt
6 Start car
7 Drive outside the gate
8 Unbuckle seat belt
9 Get out of car
10 Close the gate
11 Get back to the car, seat belt on and drive away.

My 1993 BMW will not beep if the door is open, if the seat belt is not buckle, or if you just put the key on the ignition with the door open. That is the way it should be.
Upon further consideration...

The vehicle only beeps if the door is open, the lights are on, and the engine is off. If the engine is on, it does not beep.

If the headlights are on, it has the quick 5-beep, "beep-beep-beep-beep-beep...beep-beep-beep-beep-beep...beep-beep-beep-beep-beep..."

If just the parking lights are on, it has the slower, two-frequency chime. "dinng, donng, dinng, donng"

However, if the engine is on, neither of these should be going off.

Do you start the car, turn the lights on, drive ten feet, turn the car off, get out, open the gate, get back in, start the car, drive, turn the car off, get back out, shut the gate, get back in...etc.?

Just let the car run.
FijiBlueFG2 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Another Main Relay/Fuel pump issue post DrewED7pos Honda CRX / EF Civic (1988 - 1991) 11 04-14-2017 12:54 AM
Intermittent SRS Indicator Light honda.lioness Honda Civic (2001 - 2005) 11 12-02-2016 02:56 PM
Power seat belt not working continuous beeping droopy128 Honda CRX / EF Civic (1988 - 1991) 3 01-20-2016 11:06 PM
Seat Belt Beeper goodvibe Honda Fit 8 11-25-2006 01:47 PM
Interior lighting not working Chiller Audio / Security / Video 1 01-06-2004 07:33 PM


Tags
06, 90, beeper, belt, buzzer, chevy, disable, honda, integra, odyssey, seat, seatbelt, siren, trucks, turn

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 12:53 AM.


 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: