Honda Civic (2006 - 2015) 2006 - 2015 Civic Forums

OFFICIAL WTB/Looking at/Pricing an 8th Gen Civic

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2012, 06:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: OFFICIAL WTB/Looking at/Pricing an 8th Gen Civic

Originally Posted by Mr.Exodus
I test drove a 2008 4dr civic Si today and I loved it. I need an opinion if I should buy THIS one or not. It has 72,000 km on it and it is $17,000. It has a funky clutch but they said that would be fixed when the car is bought. Everything seemed good about it. I found it at a local Honda dealership. What are your thoughts?
Overpriced. I'm sure thats 17 plus taxes.

I'd have that clutch being fixed in the agreement otherwise they won't even bother.

I got mine from milton honda back in 2010. had 79k kilometers excellent condition minus this one small dent on the a-pillar. Got it for 15,5 all in.
Old 06-29-2012, 05:06 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looking at a 2010 Civic Si Sedan in crystal black pearl with 20K miles. Dealer wants $18k. Sounds good? Its that or a 2008 Civic Si in Fiji Blue Pearl with 42k miles for $16k. I was thinking 2010, cause for just $2k more I can get less miles and newer look.
Old 07-03-2012, 08:36 AM
Honda-Tech Member

2009 ex 38k 1 owner. Test drove it, went into the little room and did the back and forth, let me talk to my manager and crap. I ended up having to walk away. Sticker was 16,999. All I was trying to get was 16k out the door with taxes and fees included.

That seems like not very much of a stretch to me...

I have good credit and was offered 3.9 apr which is really good for a used car in my area.
Old 07-20-2012, 06:59 AM
PMT
Trial User

Default Re: need help deciding on a Civic Si coupe.

3rd gear was also a problem in the '08 si
Old 07-25-2012, 06:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Hey Im looking to buy a set of adjustable coilovers Im looking for koni yellows preferably but let me know what u guys got I'm looking to drop it about 2 -2 1/2inches. help my 08 civic bring sexy back
Old 08-14-2012, 07:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by JW racing
I would love to get an Si but it would have the same gas mileage or not much better than my current car and that won't be the direction I want to go in this trade. I race in a popular road racing series and I have a K24 powered 95 coupe, so performance, power and speed are not at the top of the list for my commuter car hence the reason I am looking at a LX civic sedan. I ultimately want to have Si bumpers and Upgraded suspension and some wheels with the 1.8 engine for economy.
My main questions are - Can someone give me a rough base insurance cost and registration cost(California please) for a NON SI sedan so I can compare to my current costs for my SRT-4.
Aside from the bumpers, grille, a few things and the engine and trans, what other differences are there between SI and LX Sedans? Seats? Sway bars,brakes etc I assume. Lastly, what pros and cons are there to your non SI civic sedan?

Thanks for any help,
JW
I would say your insurance cost fears are unfounded. Mine were not nearly as high as I expected - might be worth checking out.

Seats are different, larger sway bars, 360W stereo, different wheels, badging, limited slip diff, etc. Gas mileage is upper 20s/low 30s if you don't hammer it 24-7.
Old 08-15-2012, 12:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I'm considering an '07 Sedan as a daily driver / commuting car. I've been looking at ones on CarMax because they **usually** only have clean, accident free, stock cars. I found a few with less than 50K on the odo, look perfect in the pictures, and are stock. Prices range from mid $16k to low $18k. It seems a little high, but I believe CarMax builds all the taxes and fees into the price, so it might not be that bad. Would it be considered "too much" to pay $17K for an '07 sedan with 40,000 miles on it? Clean carfax report, stock, minty nice.
Old 08-20-2012, 12:00 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Picked up my 10 Si Sedan with 4000 miles (four-thousand) for just a little over 20k CDN.
Old 10-25-2012, 03:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Decided to take my car enthusiasm to the next level and start my first project car i plan to buy an affordable second-hand 8th gen 4dr civic, strip it down (wherever necessary) and ultimately rebuild to my liking.

However i have basically beginners knowledge when it comes to cars, but i dont mind taking the time to learn and mod as i go.
If any of you more experienced gearheads could give me a few starter pointers, that would be very much appreciated

Thanks!
Old 10-26-2012, 03:53 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Gk938
Decided to take my car enthusiasm to the next level and start my first project car i plan to buy an affordable second-hand 8th gen 4dr civic, strip it down (wherever necessary) and ultimately rebuild to my liking.

However i have basically beginners knowledge when it comes to cars, but i dont mind taking the time to learn and mod as i go.
If any of you more experienced gearheads could give me a few starter pointers, that would be very much appreciated

Thanks!
What are you trying to do with the car? Make a drag car, great handling, nice looks? It all really depends on your goals...
Old 10-26-2012, 04:03 AM
Honda-Tech Member

What's going on fellas/ladies if there are any.

My name's Dan. As you can see I've been a member here on H-T for a while now, as I owned an EJ6 for about 5 years, modding it and working out its kinks along the way. Now I currently own a '12 GTI and a '90 Miata. The Miata is my project, I haven't had it long, but hopefully one day, it'll amount to something.

Anyway, I'm here because, while I love my GTI, I can't really afford it. It was kind of a stupid, post college, first job purchase, and after a little over a year of payments, it's just really killing me. I have a bit of equity in it, maybe $1,000 (bought it with 0 down). So I'm thinking about selling it and kind of "downgrading" my DD. Since I've always sort of felt like I was cheating on Hondas after selling my Civic for a VW, and they're solid cars, I'm thinking of getting another Civic, perhaps another 6th gen or maybe an 8th. I don't really like the 7th generation.

How is the cost of ownership on these cars? I've been looking around and it seems like I could probably pick up an '08 EX coupe in manual for about $9k. It'll certainly be a sloth compared to the GTI, but it'll hopefully be a cheap, reliable and semi-fun DD. Does this sound like a good bet? Would I kick myself for not getting an Si? They seem to command a much higher price and I'm sure fuel, insurance, etc. are all higher.

Any input would be appreciated.
Old 10-26-2012, 11:16 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Any 8th Gen Civic exept the Si will be a sloth compared to your GTi. Hell, even the Si is slower in stock form, but the economy models (R18 equipped) will be fuel sippers and easy to maintain. The Si runs on Premium fuel as recommended, so it will cost more (50cents to a buck more per fill where I live). I love my Si, and would not willingly trade it in for an econ model. Your call, but speed and sport are always in the blood for us.
Old 10-26-2012, 02:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

2007 halbanero red fa5, all stock. 73k miles. 12.3k, private party. I thought it was a good deal.
Old 01-11-2013, 02:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I already have a 06 si that I got brand new and now it has 150k miles and the only problem was cmc but I replaced that my self and I just did the timing chain.
So I just bought my second si it's 2009 black a four door with 38k and paid 16,000 wich I think is a fair price.
Old 04-18-2013, 06:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default which one should I buy

Hi there everyone!
which one should I buy?
06 ex sedan 68000 mile: $8800 (2 owner)
2010 lx sedan 53000 mile: $10900 (1 owner)
Both from individual, clear carfax and autocheck.
Any suggestions, I am totally new on Civic. The 06 Ex model has moon-roof and alloy wheel that I like but it seems like too old (7 years) isn't it? The 2010 lx has nothing rather than basic options, can it play ipod or iphone (I see it does have AUX port)

Thanks for help me out!
Old 04-22-2013, 07:28 AM
Trial User

Hey all,

Recently had my 2012 Honda 4dr LX stolen, was considering upgrading to either 2013 Civic EX or a 2013 civic SI 2dr.

I imagine the EX offers more fuel economy while the SI offers a more fun driving experience.

I wanted to hear from some owners who have purchased either of these vehicles in the last three years to tell me about their driving experience.
Old 04-22-2013, 06:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Depends what your looking for, an EX&Si will both have the upgraded stereo. My sister has an EX and I have an Si, I like both of them, but IDK if I could drive an EX (mostly because its auto and lack of power)
Old 06-30-2013, 12:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

so i test drove a 08 si sedan today, got a couple of questions

i noticed during light acceleration that it torque steers left slightly, the wierd part is under hard acceleration it gets no worse. is this normal for these cars?

also, it had a lot of wind noise from the drivers door seal area, i couldnt find any tears in the seals. normal?

all the tires are worn on the inside pretty bad. the car drove strait other than the torque steer and it is stock suspension. is that normal for these cars?

car only has 65k miles on it
Old 06-30-2013, 07:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

^could have been lowered/modded before
Old 07-01-2013, 04:49 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by bnoll
^could have been lowered/modded before
I don't think it was. It is a rebuilt title and I've decided to not buy it
Old 11-13-2013, 06:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Sooo... K24Z7 that needs rebuilding for 750?
https://columbus.craigslist.org/pts/4188968338.html

Opinions?
Old 11-14-2013, 09:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Dead thread, kind of. Hope I can get some responses though? 2007 Civic SI Dark tan-ish color...77k miles on it. Test drove it and it runs fine. At a dealership btw. Only thing that bothered me was the clutch pedal? I heard these have clutch pedal issues and clutch master cylinder issues. Anyways when I pressed down on the pedal I could hear and feel a sort of clicking/popping noise when the pedal is almost reaching the floor. It does it when the car is on or off...The car is stock btw. Clean title. I've been talking to them and originally they wanted 13500 for it. About two weeks later I noticed they lowered the price to 12500. I did some more talking to the Salesmen and he can get the price down to 11,900..what do you guys think? Go for it? And feedback on that clutch pedal noise would be excellent
Old 11-15-2013, 10:33 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Thats a pretty good deal, ask to take it to a mechanic. I sell cars any questions pm me.
Old 11-15-2013, 12:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Funny, I'm actually a mechanic in training..I work as a Technician Apprentice for a GMC dealership so I could take it to my work place and fully inspect it on a rack. Should the Clutch noise be a turn off though? I've heard people constantly replace clutch related parts often and doing so only fixed the noise temporarily..
Old 11-16-2013, 08:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by BlackLude90
Funny, I'm actually a mechanic in training..I work as a Technician Apprentice for a GMC dealership so I could take it to my work place and fully inspect it on a rack. Should the Clutch noise be a turn off though? I've heard people constantly replace clutch related parts often and doing so only fixed the noise temporarily..
I would make a fuss about it to the salesman try to get the price down as much as possible. Then just buy one of these ..
http://www.hybrid-racing.com/store/8...r-upgrade.html

And then eventually buy a clutch kit (it should be replaced between 80-100k anyway)

Quick Reply: OFFICIAL WTB/Looking at/Pricing an 8th Gen Civic