Official HPDE/Time Attack/Racing Thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2015, 08:25 AM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Official HPDE/Time Attack/Racing Thread

Originally Posted by DaveSi677
Is this for the front or rear sway bar?
Front. I have to replace the front left strut too. It's still warrantied, so I will get the parts (coilovers and new endlinks) and have them cover the labor. It's never been serviced for the FSB on the strut issue. ('13 model)

Over on 9th gen they are saying use Moogs for the rears, but no one replaces the fronts.
Old 07-19-2015, 04:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

OEM for the front and the Moog are a cheaper alternative to OEM for the rears. They are as good as OEM and a little cheaper.
Old 07-19-2015, 10:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

This is the answer to hill assist brake problem and running car without TPMS and needing to turn of TC.

My reaction to the price

Old 07-20-2015, 06:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I believe you need to be part of the HPD program to be able to purchase from them.
Old 07-20-2015, 10:22 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I believe you need to be part of the HPD program to be able to purchase from them.
Well you need to send in a proposal but if you do enough tracking or time attack you can get in. I know someone who has it already they do a lot of time attack.

But I mean that price was sticker shock lol
Old 07-21-2015, 04:21 AM
Honda-Tech Member

HPD is fairly simple to 'get in'. Drive a Honda powered something, compete in something sanctioned, send in results from 2 events where you aren't DNF or DQ'd, and you pretty much are 'in'. -at least thats how I understand it.

I'm waiting for the day that ABS modules are tunable to the open market...
Old 07-21-2015, 06:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by junkyard racer
HPD is fairly simple to 'get in'. Drive a Honda powered something, compete in something sanctioned, send in results from 2 events where you aren't DNF or DQ'd, and you pretty much are 'in'. -at least thats how I understand it.

I'm waiting for the day that ABS modules are tunable to the open market...
it would be great to have something like this for Honda like Subaru has with DCCD pro or whatever system they using in the race cars that you can do your own programing. I know hondata has a traction control tuning module now as well.
Old 07-22-2015, 12:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Its hard to believe that with so many electrical systems that have been hacked/cracked, brake modulators have not. Though its my thought that brakes are the last thing many people think about. There is a small crowd where brakes and suspension come first.
Old 07-22-2015, 05:47 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Who actually goes that far and leaves ABS on their cars though? High end teams just roll their own system or buy a pre-packaged one, because sponsors... Most younger teams just eliminate it completely.

OEM for the front and the Moog are a cheaper alternative to OEM for the rears. They are as good as OEM and a little cheaper.
Okay, thanks. What are the alternatives for uprated ones? I know it sounds like I am suckling, and I sort of am. It's impossible to find info on this for some reason...
Old 07-22-2015, 08:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

If you want a higher end one with adjustment Progress is the way to go!

Progress Technology: Anti-roll bars, sport springs, coil-overs, camber kits and more since 1995!
Old 07-23-2015, 07:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Got me some new track wheels... Advan RS 17x8.5 I can lift them up with a finger lol loving it!!!
Attached Images  
Old 07-23-2015, 08:53 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Got me some new track wheels... Advan RS 17x8.5 I can lift them up with a finger lol loving it!!!
How much do they weigh? My 17x8 +38 team dynamics are 19lbs
Old 07-23-2015, 10:48 AM
Honda-Tech Member

They are 15.4lbs!
Old 07-26-2015, 09:07 AM
Honda-Tech Member

So update after track day.
Started off pretty good session one , no passing was allowed but end up the fastest in the run group for the practice.

Session 2 improved my time again to keep me at the front of the run group. Mind you I probably had the slowest car as everyone else was in a Porsche or C7 corvette and c7 z06 , Wrx sti ... Was still on top.
Session 3 improved time even more by getting shift points down and finding the rhythm by the end of the session I had the brakes on fire lol . Lost all stopping power at the end of the front straight going about 97mph had to drift the car to slow it down till I got some grab back from the pads. Came in after that.

Last session of the day I was doing really good and set my new personal best of 2:23xx I put down multiple 2:23 laps while chasing a Porsche Boxster who could not pull away in the corners but had more straight line speed. My last lap I ran out of gas and had to pull off . Car went from 5 gas bars to empty in 1 lap lol

My set-up of hankook v12s and swift spec R springs with the stop tech street performance pads and no performance alignment did amazing.

I'm going to bump up to a full track pad and RS3s for the next track day because I have reached the limit of this set up.

John from Corner Speed Tuning was their the whole day with me doing track support.
Found the best tire pressure set up hot was 36psi front and 37psi rear.

Last edited by Kimsey099; 07-26-2015 at 01:34 PM.
Old 07-27-2015, 11:16 AM
Honda-Tech Member

get your brake lines done too and up the fluid to Motul RBF600 or 660!
Old 07-27-2015, 11:16 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Good work btw!
Old 07-27-2015, 02:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I actually am running RBF600 right now. Fluid had no fade what so ever. I just cooked the rotors and pads lol.

Old 08-02-2015, 12:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Since there is basically no options for a good track pad out there right now for the 2014+ 9th gen. I decided to give Porter Field a call and ask them if they could make me some pads. I like their R4 compound a lot and I talked with them over the phone. I only live like 30min from their factory so I am having them make me some custom r4 pads.
Old 08-04-2015, 09:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

That is sweet can't wait to see how much of an improvement they will make for you!

I went out Monday with my new setup and had some rubbing issues... We ended up raising the car up an inch hoping it would help before leaving for the track. It was a long weekend here in Canada and couldn't get to the alignment shop to fix my poorly done alighment from the previous shop . It ended up cutting my day short only did 18 laps as I didn't want to eat up the tires too much.

The tires compared to my street tires are easily 10-15 mm wider when put side by side. I need to get back on my old setup in terms of camber and also roll the fenders and the rear.

Buttttt I won't lie it felt really nice around the corners and my trap speed at the end of the big straight went up by 8 km/h. For sure I can squeeze out a few more with proper alignment which will be done tomorrow!!!
Old 08-04-2015, 11:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

That is sweet can't wait to see how much of an improvement they will make for you!

I went out Monday with my new setup and had some rubbing issues... We ended up raising the car up an inch hoping it would help before leaving for the track. It was a long weekend here in Canada and couldn't get to the alignment shop to fix my poorly done alighment from the previous shop . It ended up cutting my day short only did 18 laps as I didn't want to eat up the tires too much.

The tires compared to my street tires are easily 10-15 mm wider when put side by side. I need to get back on my old setup in terms of camber and also roll the fenders and the rear.

Buttttt I won't lie it felt really nice around the corners and my trap speed at the end of the big straight went up by 8 km/h. For sure I can squeeze out a few more with proper alignment which will be done tomorrow!!!
Yeah that is why I went with 17x8 my friend got 17x9 and had the rubbing issue. I think I have found the sweet spot with a 17x8 +38. No rubbing at all even under heavy G load. SPC camber arms and front bolts and gonna get proper alignment as well.
Old 08-06-2015, 07:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I'm lucky on the Godspeeds I have camber plate so don't have to use the bolts but I did use them last year.

Going for a full suspension fitting tomorrow... getting corner weighed, alignment and height adjustment.

Can't to hit the track next weekend!!!
Old 08-09-2015, 03:30 AM
K5^
Brand New

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Any pictures of the new set up, Dave?? I'm sure form follows function
Old 08-09-2015, 07:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I'm going to wash my car this week and take some shots. I'll post them up asap!

Yes it's still low but more function then form. The car handles like it's on rails loving every moment of it!!!
Old 08-09-2015, 08:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Made a little movie

Old 08-10-2015, 11:24 AM
Honda-Tech Member

No starring??? Don't tell your 9th you left her out of the credits lol

Quick Reply: Official HPDE/Time Attack/Racing Thread