Notices
Honda Civic (2006 - 2015) 2006 - 2015 Civic Forums

Honda Civic Visor Failure, We Need a Recall!

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2010, 04:03 PM
NO MERCY!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Honda Civic Visor Failure, We Need a Recall!

Originally Posted by pw.hondatech
someone is getting all worked up.tell you what......go buy from another car company and in a few years we will talk about all the many more problems in addition to its poor resale value compared to your civic.i just hate when ppl have an otherwise near perfect car from the #1 car manufacturer in the world and yet they still just have to find something to complain about.
Tell YOU what....I had a 2003 Tiburon with ZERO...count em....ZERO mechanical issues up to 93K miles when I traded it in for this Civic Si. And on my Civic Si i've already had a head gasket failure (undetermined reason), visor failure, idler pulley and auto tensioner pulley fail on me. The water pump also began making noise and had to get replaced November of last year.

So don't preach to me about gaining experience by buying other cars. I already have had other cars. Not to mention I work for a Mazda dealership.

No car is perfect and no car ever will be. And compared to the past....today's Hondas can't touch many of the previous generations.
Old 08-30-2010, 11:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

My driver side visor broke like 6 months ago and the passenger broke about a week ago and my car only has 17,XXX..need to take it to the dealership before warranty expires.
Old 09-01-2010, 06:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

you will never get me worked up about this.see i keep up with my industry and know that even with the problems that honda has they are still setting the standard for quality and performance.did you know that the year honda entered the indy circuit it had 3 cars.not one of them finished a race that year.in almost all races the engines failed.now they are the dominant no wait....the only engine in indy because noone can compete.did you know that honda is the single largest manufacturer of engines in the world.from lawn equipment to autos to boats to generators.i will concede that hondas quality has suffered in the last ten years with transmission problems to porous blocks to water pump failures to yes even visor failures but they are still the standard by which even your beloved tiburon was fashioned under.these visors are the only ones of thier kind in all the honda and acura lines and i promise you will not see them again.
Old 09-01-2010, 06:32 PM
MiG-21 superfan

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

you will never get me worked up about this.see i keep up with my industry and know that even with the problems that honda has they are still setting the standard for quality and performance.did you know that the year honda entered the indy circuit it had 3 cars.not one of them finished a race that year.in almost all races the engines failed.now they are the dominant no wait....the only engine in indy because noone can compete.did you know that honda is the single largest manufacturer of engines in the world.from lawn equipment to autos to boats to generators.i will concede that hondas quality has suffered in the last ten years with transmission problems to porous blocks to water pump failures to yes even visor failures but they are still the standard by which even your beloved tiburon was fashioned under.these visors are the only ones of thier kind in all the honda and acura lines and i promise you will not see them again.

dude, what the heck are you talking about? don't you have something better to contribute? you like honda, well, we all do too, or else we wouldn't be on here.

this thread is about visors. you are preaching to the choir and it needs to stop. these loosely related/ off-topic posts are unreasonable.
Old 09-01-2010, 06:38 PM
MiG-21 superfan

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

the next person to post about something other than visors in this thread will be banned. something else to talk about? go start another thread.
Old 09-01-2010, 07:15 PM
NO MERCY!

Don't ban me 'hatch.......this post is relevant to the thread.

That's wonderful news. Fortunately we are all aware of that fact, but unfortunately this isn't about Honda's GENERAL reputation. It's about ONE part that is defective and needs to be addressed by them.

Did you know that at the time when Pluto was considered a planet, Pluto and Neptune cross orbital paths making Neptune the farthest planet from the Sun for a period of time? This section of your post is about as relevant as that phrase.

Again...we're talking about one component of Honda....not the whole damn car. This is about a visor problem that is spreading like an epidemic and has the potential to become a safety issue. When my visor broke.....it would not stay snapped against the roof like it is supposed to when not in use. It hung down just far enough to partially block my field of vision of the road. This should concern ANYONE who reads this as I'm sure i am not the only one to have this problem.

They may be the "standard" to which other automobiles derive their practices, but that still does not mean Honda can't make mistakes. You yourself have just admitted that here. We're not asking Honda to move mountains. A simple visor re-design and fix would be sufficient. Is that asking too much? (Don't answer that!)

My God I certainly hope not!