Notices
Honda Civic (2006 - 2015) 2006 - 2015 Civic Forums

2011 civic si

Old 08-16-2010, 11:31 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2011 civic si

Any news on this? I really wanted a 2010 Si but no one has any. I really want the 4 door version with navi.

I need a new car soon, company just moved an hour away and the S2K isn't great on gas. I've been going back and forth between the Si and the Fit, but if I can't get an Si maybe i'll go Fit.
Old 08-16-2010, 01:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Re: 2011 civic si

http://vtec.net/news/news-item?news_item_id=916815
Old 08-16-2010, 01:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by tehjrow
Any news on this? I really wanted a 2010 Si but no one has any. I really want the 4 door version with navi.

I need a new car soon, company just moved an hour away and the S2K isn't great on gas. I've been going back and forth between the Si and the Fit, but if I can't get an Si maybe i'll go Fit.
carmax has some and they can usually ship them to your location for a fee
Old 08-19-2010, 12:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

is the s2k gas mileage that much worse than an si? if it's not your only car i'd stick with the s2k.
Old 08-19-2010, 10:10 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Originally Posted by vladd
is the s2k gas mileage that much worse than an si? if it's not your only car i'd stick with the s2k.
That's what I was thinking. The s2k is like 400lbs lighter isn't it? That's good for mileage.

And is the decision really between an SI and a FIT?! Really....I never considered a FIT when I bought my si. I shoot raw fuel out of my exhaust onto FITS' winshields when I see them as I pass them by!

I would feel like a retard banging gears in a fit.
Old 08-20-2010, 02:51 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I drive one when looking at my si i made it a mile and drove the thing back told the dealer it was a piece of ****
Old 08-20-2010, 05:02 AM
H-T Order of Merit

Received 25 Likes on 18 Posts

You've got another month before anybody has one, and probably another two months before they arrive at dealers in quantities great enough that you'd be able to get a good buy.

The four door Si is fairly popular, and demand exceeded end of year supply rather handily.

You're going to have to be patient with either waiting on 2011 or with shopping for a new 2010. :-)
Old 08-20-2010, 11:07 AM
Honda-Tech Member

My S2K gets 19mpg, not great for my 52 mile one way commute everyday. Also my 2001 S2K has 65k miles on it, I really don't want to put more, want to keep it nice.

I want a larger vehicle, that's why I was gunning for the 4door, but also want it to be zippy, which is why I want the Si. However, I am looking to buy within a month or so. I have about a $26k price ceiling. Any other suggestions? I really want it to come with bluetooth, 4door and decent hp. I called Honda (not a dealer, Honda) and they said they should hit next month.
Old 08-20-2010, 12:41 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Mazda speed 3,
Impreza WRX non Sti
Golf GTI
Cobalt SS sedan
Neon SRT 4

The fit is not "zippy" or big so I don't know why that was an alternative to the civic si sedan.
Old 08-20-2010, 03:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by ajpturbopittsburgh
That's what I was thinking. The s2k is like 400lbs lighter isn't it? That's good for mileage.

And is the decision really between an SI and a FIT?! Really....I never considered a FIT when I bought my si. I shoot raw fuel out of my exhaust onto FITS' winshields when I see them as I pass them by!

I would feel like a retard banging gears in a fit.
edmunds shows an 08 s2000 weighing 2864 lbs, while an 08 si coupe weighs 2886 lbs. it's surprising how heavy the s2000 is considering how tiny the interior is.

i agree on the thing about the fit; i can't imagine how someone would be choosing between an si and a fit.

My S2K gets 19mpg, not great for my 52 mile one way commute everyday. Also my 2001 S2K has 65k miles on it, I really don't want to put more, want to keep it nice.

I want a larger vehicle, that's why I was gunning for the 4door, but also want it to be zippy, which is why I want the Si. However, I am looking to buy within a month or so. I have about a $26k price ceiling. Any other suggestions? I really want it to come with bluetooth, 4door and decent hp. I called Honda (not a dealer, Honda) and they said they should hit next month.
is that 19 mpg in the city or highway? i thought they got somewhere in the mid 20's on combined city/highway. edmunds shows 21 mpg combined, but real world results are usually higher than what they say. on my si coupe, i get ~28 combined, and my best on a tank of gas was 35 mpg 100% freeway driving with the a/c on.

anyway, if you're keeping the s2k along with getting the si, i say go for it . i'd have an s2k myself if i had the $ for a winter car.

Originally Posted by ajpturbopittsburgh
Mazda speed 3,
Impreza WRX non Sti
Golf GTI
Cobalt SS sedan
Neon SRT 4

The fit is not "zippy" or big so I don't know why that was an alternative to the civic si sedan.
i've seen a few people on 8th civic bitch about the wrx (non-sti) gas mileage, and how it's MUCH worse than the si's. dunno about the rest of your list.
Old 08-23-2010, 08:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

In my old AP1, I was getting ~30MPG highway and low 20's mixed driving. However, it is super tiny inside. I was ok, as it was my sencond car, but still, not being able to recline, carry any sort of luggage was irritating. I probably won't ever get a 2-seater again.
Old 08-23-2010, 08:54 AM
Occupy GDD

Originally Posted by p nut
In my old AP1, I was getting ~30MPG highway and low 20's mixed driving. However, it is super tiny inside. I was ok, as it was my sencond car, but still, not being able to recline, carry any sort of luggage was irritating. I probably won't ever get a 2-seater again.
I'm shocked you were getting that kinda of mileage. When I was shopping for a new car about 5 years ago I saw the window sticker for the s2k showing gas mileage at 20/25 (and that was before they changed the ratings).
Old 08-23-2010, 09:44 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I'm at 4500 ft above sea level, which equates to better MPG, usually. But also means lower performance numbers.
Old 08-24-2010, 12:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

not being able to recline, carry any sort of luggage was irritating. I probably won't ever get a 2-seater again.
not to mention the horrible wind noise (already installed the tighter strikers), cant sit in the seats for more than 30min without my back hurting, rough suspension, horrible back window (can barely see out of it) and the WORST blind spots EVAR
Old 08-24-2010, 06:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

look at an EX with navi - it has your bells and whistles and 36mpg on a good day - with minor tweaking - probably better - I can stretch mine to 37ish with no mods to help it.
Old 08-24-2010, 11:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

not to mention the horrible wind noise (already installed the tighter strikers), cant sit in the seats for more than 30min without my back hurting, rough suspension, horrible back window (can barely see out of it) and the WORST blind spots EVAR
It's a roadster...it's made to drive with the top down. It makes me want to throw up all over the place everytime I see someone driving an S2K with the soft top up, especially on a nice day in the summer. It's hideous and pointless. If you want the top, at least get a hard top so it looks decent.
Old 08-25-2010, 03:43 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by 2008fijibluesi
It's a roadster...it's made to drive with the top down. It makes me want to throw up all over the place everytime I see someone driving an S2K with the soft top up, especially on a nice day in the summer. It's hideous and pointless. If you want the top, at least get a hard top so it looks decent.
i'm all with you on that, half the reason i bought the car was to have the top down. but at 6am on the way to work the last thing i want is the humid georgia air making me sweat on the interstate.

look at an EX with navi - it has your bells and whistles and 36mpg on a good day - with minor tweaking - probably better - I can stretch mine to 37ish with no mods to help it.
do you think the EX has enough zip to make it fun to drive also? thats my concern
Old 08-25-2010, 05:41 AM
Honda-Tech Member

do you think the EX has enough zip to make it fun to drive also? thats my concern
I'm sure it could be fun to drive alone, but not really after you drive the SI.
Old 08-25-2010, 02:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I guess you're entitled to your opinion, but I'm not a convertible guy. I bought the S2k only because there wasn't a rwd coupe option from Honda. My top was almost always up. Guys look super dorky driving around with the top down anyway (IMO). Was a fun car, though. Not one I'd ever buy again.
Old 08-25-2010, 02:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I'm sure it could be fun to drive alone, but not really after you drive the SI.
I agree with that. If you've got the cash, get the Si. MPG difference isn't that much, anyway. 6-sp, 200hp, LSD, nice seats/interior would be worth it. Bo matter what the EX people say. :p
Old 08-25-2010, 05:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I guess you're entitled to your opinion, but I'm not a convertible guy. I bought the S2k only because there wasn't a rwd coupe option from Honda. My top was almost always up. Guys look super dorky driving around with the top down anyway (IMO). Was a fun car, though. Not one I'd ever buy again.
No no actually that's pretty much the same way I feel. I think a dude driving a convertible is kinda queer. But I hate the way S2Ks look with the soft top up. While I think it looks fruity, I like the car itself with the top down. That's why I'd never own an S2K without a hardtop. It at least doesn't make it look so much like a softtop.
Old 08-25-2010, 08:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Not as much fun as an si - but on that long of a drive - how much fun can 6th gear be? I am thinking responsibly - kick me out if you liek - but on that size commute - 36 plus might make the difference - I drove an Si - and due to my commute - too kthe EX instead - an amd loving it. Still zippy for 0-60 - but not neck breaking. Take it for a drive and test it out. - it feels great at 60 plus and still passes with zing. - Newt
Old 08-25-2010, 11:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by newtsdirection
Not as much fun as an si - but on that long of a drive - how much fun can 6th gear be? I am thinking responsibly - kick me out if you liek - but on that size commute - 36 plus might make the difference - I drove an Si - and due to my commute - too kthe EX instead - an amd loving it. Still zippy for 0-60 - but not neck breaking. Take it for a drive and test it out. - it feels great at 60 plus and still passes with zing. - Newt

What do you mean "how fun can 6th gear be?" ? It's overdrive so it's perfectly comfortable on a long drive.

After driving an Si, the EX is hardly "zippy". My sister has an EX. Everytime she rides in my car she regrets not getting the Si. Don't make the same mistake.
Old 08-27-2010, 07:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

you're right - it is not as much fun as a Si - I agree, but it has a bit of zip if you want to lay into it and get up and go. Not the same adrenaline rush - agreed - but a zippy ness that a corrolla can't offer.
Old 08-30-2010, 04:05 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I hope I can get an Si. All the dealers around atlanta i've called said they rarely can get them. When they come out i'm gonna take my down payment around and say "I have a down payment and perfect credit. I want a blue 2011 Si Sedan with Navi. If you can't get it it, tell me now and i'll go somewhere else"

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2011 civic si