Notices
Honda Civic (2006 - 2015) 2006 - 2015 Civic Forums

Exhaust poll

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2007, 05:25 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Exhaust poll

08 Si, Injen CAI, no aspirations for a turbo. I admit to being a fan of the titanium tip look, but am looking for the leat obnoxious sounding, most efficient, most reliable bang for my buck. Please hodl nothing back and feel free to add any systems that i overlooked. Thanks gear Gods!!!
Old 11-12-2007, 05:41 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Exhaust poll (jaepalm)

I had a Greddy SP-2 on my RSX-S, loved it and NOT loud, but noticeable.
Old 11-12-2007, 05:41 AM
Honda-Tech Member

ok, i dunno how "hytech" got on there. But it failed to include the Injen and JDM N1 SS. Discuss!
Old 11-12-2007, 06:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Hytech makes the most power and the least sound. the end.
Old 11-12-2007, 07:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Exhaust poll (IT GUY)

least sound as in, as much as my stock intake? or a little more noticable?
Old 11-12-2007, 07:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

woah, i looke dthat up and it sounds like it'll be atleast $800. A little over my price range. I was hoping for somthing around or less then $600.
Old 11-12-2007, 11:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Skunk2 gives the best gains but is very loud but i love mine the wail after 6k cannot be Ignored !
Old 11-13-2007, 05:53 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Exhaust poll (WILD_WILL)

A'PEXi N1 allllllll day. Best sounding exhaust for the Si
Old 11-13-2007, 12:54 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Exhaust poll (Michael Bolton)

Ive been trying to find some sound clips of the hytech, anyone have any?
Old 11-13-2007, 07:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by jaepalm &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">08 Si,...........</TD></TR></TABLE>

Coupe or sedan?

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Michael Bolton &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">A'PEXi N1 allllllll day. Best sounding exhaust for the Si</TD></TR></TABLE>

Would you rather sound better than make more power?
Old 11-13-2007, 07:22 PM
NO MERCY!

Default Re: Exhaust poll (Kidnkorner)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Kidnkorner &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Would you rather sound better than make more power?</TD></TR></TABLE>

**** if it were me and I were spending upwards of $800-1000 on an exhaust system......it damn well better sound good enough to make me shoot a load.....AND make more power than a cheapy exhaust.
Old 11-13-2007, 11:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Exhaust poll (Kidnkorner)

Its a coupe.

I just don't wunna wake the neighbors when i get home from my bar job at 4 am. (unless i'm flooring it ofcourse)

My roommate had a cheap catback on his old prelude which sounded loud as hell. HE told me that he took the silencer off like most people do. Do all of these exhausts come with said silencer? IF so i'll just get the best one for the least amount of dough and keep the silencer on. Is my roommate full of ****????

Basically: As long as there is a noticeable increase in power and comes with a "silencer". Oh, and isn't HALF as expensive as the hytech. Just something that will give me a few extra horses without spending a fortune.
Old 11-13-2007, 11:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

oh, and what are your thoughts on the Greddy Ti-C?????
Old 11-14-2007, 01:44 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Old 11-14-2007, 05:13 AM

A'pexi man. your question was answered. look it up. There are detailed dynos that give about 5-8 HP gains. Search buddy. not only the site but on google .. youtube ...etc... i am getting an A'pexi after i get my tint done. Best sounding on the video's and i heard a skunk2 in person and it sounded terrible

Rich - Hytech
Middle Class - Apexi

unless your serious about the tunning scene.
Im waiting for a KPro to come out so you can actually make something of the I/RH/E combo.

just my $0.02
Old 11-14-2007, 05:40 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Exhaust poll (Blackline47)

thanks bro. Trust me, i've been searching all around, but your input means just as much to me in sealing the deal.

What do you guys know about Pro1 or JDM N1 ?? I really like the titantium tip look, but price and sound are the priorities.
Old 11-14-2007, 05:45 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Sound : as in <U>lack there of</U>

All of the aforementioned exhausts come with a silencer correct?

Again, i really appreciate all of your help
Old 11-14-2007, 11:37 AM

to my knowledge of catbacks exhausts MOST should come with a silencer.
Old 11-14-2007, 12:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Blackline47 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">A'pexi man. your question was answered. look it up. There are detailed dynos that give about 5-8 HP gains. Search buddy. not only the site but on google .. youtube ...etc... i am getting an A'pexi after i get my tint done. Best sounding on the video's and i heard a skunk2 in person and it sounded terrible

Rich - Hytech
Middle Class - Apexi

unless your serious about the tunning scene.
Im waiting for a KPro to come out so you can actually make something of the I/RH/E combo.

just my $0.02
</TD></TR></TABLE>

LOL your like 1 out of 100 ive heard that from i get nothing but compliments on mine i just had a Srt-4 owner the other day say he loved it so i get them from mixed crowds. The N1 sounds good but it gets rapsy at higher rpms kinda farty in a way but not overkill from what ive seen on dynos the skunk2 provides the best gains. Its a very popular exhuast especially over on 8thgen and from what i understand the piping is smaller on the N1 so its not going to give better gains. After strapping the Skunk2 on you will instantly feel more pull after 3k and in 4th and 5th during cruising speeds it just pulls so hard. I guess its manly due to the piping size and lack of baffling because this exhuast was designed for pure performance and it def will not disappoint . It sounds extremely sick after 3 k as you build the revs up like a rocket preparing to take off its amazing and i cant get enough of it i suggest you give it a try.
Old 11-14-2007, 12:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by jaepalm &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

What do you guys know about Pro1 or JDM N1 ?? I really like the titanium tip look, but price and sound are the priorities.</TD></TR></TABLE>

With a large enough car payment I might be headed in this direction. Are these "no names" worth it to someone who plans on keeping an N/A setup (that means no turbo right? i know, i 'm a noob) and has ZERO aspirations for racing. So as long as whatever i get makes a noticeable difference in power, and isn't too expensive, i'll be satisfied.
Old 11-14-2007, 01:13 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'd wouldn't recommend the N1 bro. My mother would tell me several times she could hear me coming from a few blocks away and I wasn't even driving it hard at all. If you're coming home at 4am, you might start getting dirty looks from neighbors with small kids very soon.

Great gains with a straight through exhaust but its not worth the headaches in my opinion...not to mention cops can hear you from far away and with that setup they can definitely tell if you're on the throttle. For example, a few years ago I turned onto a street, gunned it through 1st and 2nd, slowed down, and after the turn there was road construction. I was already going slow but there was a cop standing in the middle of the street looking right at me with a "WTF?" look mo his face. He just told me "slow down Andretti" as I passed by, but that just goes to show how noticeable an N1 really is. Either way, best of luck with the purchase.
Old 11-16-2007, 12:00 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by WILD_WILL &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

LOL your like 1 out of 100 ive heard that from i get nothing but compliments on mine i just had a Srt-4 owner the other day say he loved it so i get them from mixed crowds. The N1 sounds good but it gets rapsy at higher rpms kinda farty in a way but not overkill from what ive seen on dynos the skunk2 provides the best gains. Its a very popular exhuast especially over on 8thgen and from what i understand the piping is smaller on the N1 so its not going to give better gains. After strapping the Skunk2 on you will instantly feel more pull after 3k and in 4th and 5th during cruising speeds it just pulls so hard. I guess its manly due to the piping size and lack of baffling because this exhuast was designed for pure performance and it def will not disappoint . It sounds extremely sick after 3 k as you build the revs up like a rocket preparing to take off its amazing and i cant get enough of it i suggest you give it a try. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Dude exhaust does not turn your car into a rocket. You may feel its going faster to your new exhaust note but dude 5-8 HP is not to noticable if at all. but for the detail
Old 11-16-2007, 12:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I know that lol just the sound gives you that feeling i haven't heard another exhuast and ive been in many SI with different 1's that induce the same urge this 1 gives you to rip to 8k the only exhuast i would get besides this 1 would be the Vibrant.
Old 11-16-2007, 03:32 PM
NO MERCY!

If you wanna know what it's like to feel the power of a rocket at your wheels.....go take a ride in a Bugatti Veyron. It literally pulls AND looks like a rocket on wheels.
Old 11-23-2007, 08:38 PM
Tickle-shits

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Blackline47 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">to my knowledge of catbacks exhausts MOST should come with a silencer. </TD></TR></TABLE>
Mine didnt and its LOUD

Quick Reply: Exhaust poll