Honda Civic (2006 - 2015) 2006 - 2015 Civic Forums

Engine Mount Passenger Side

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2019, 06:11 PM
Trial User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Engine Mount Passenger Side

Howdy folks i’m new here. I got a 2008 Civic LX 1.8L
from a dealer 2 months ago and already she’s getting on my nerves (and at only 131k!) i heard that’s barely even half of a honda’s life, Well not to me, so far, not a good impression. This so called reliability that these honda’s have is in question.

Im hoping you guys can turn my opinion into a good one with some help.

Ive been a DiYer since my focus, (everything broke on that car) i fixed it so much i knew it like the back of my hand. Now my car is vibrating like mad and gets even worse when i floor it or reach high RPMs, although it mellows out at high speeds, like 50mph and above.

i suspect my Passenger Engine Mount, The metal anchor is nearly touching the mount.

I have some pics, anyways The DiY thing was because i hear you can fill the spaces of the worn mounts with Window Weld or Polyurethane.

Awesome! But where? May someone please tell me where i would insert 3M window weld or Polyurethane in this thing? Any and All feedback is greatly appreciated and i hope to make a nice home here within the honda family!

P.S I’m on a time crunch because of strict attendance policies at my job, So that’s why i want window weld because it’s right here right now, i don’t have the time or money to wait for a New Mount to come in the mail.

this is the dog bone, if i want window weld i just lift it up and fill it under that’s the easy one.

And this is the mount, where would i put the Window Weld?