Notices
Honda Civic (2006 - 2015) 2006 - 2015 Civic Forums

Dash and AC problems

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2017, 06:43 AM
Trial User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dash and AC problems

New to the forum, but I just picked up a 2013 Honda Civic SI coupe from the auction. The car was smashed pretty good in the front, but I fixed everything up. I will get pictures up of everything that I am talking about as soon as I can, but for the time being I hope I describe the issues well enough. First issue is the upper right side dash. When we first got the car going, the dash lit up just fine. It was giving me a "check power steering", "Check charge system", "check tire pressure", and some others I can't remember now. I could not figure out how to go through the screens to show my mileage and all that. Well, the second time I turned on my car, the dash didn't light up, and hasn't lit up since. I don't think I have a blown fuse, because I checked them all when troubleshooting my second issue. I will get a pic of the one that I am talking about. While we are on the subject, I have a few lights on the main dash that are lit, like traction control, etc, how do I get those lights shut off without going to the dealer?

Second issue is the AC. I put in a new radiator and AC condenser when fixing the car. I filled up the system with Freon, and waited for the AC compressor to come on, but it never did. I don't hear the clutch engaging but I will check again when I get the car home (it is at the dealership where they want to charge $250 just to diagnose." I checked fuses, and none of them looked bad, but what are the fuses that correspond to the compressor? I think the compressor is the problem, but I don't want to go through buying and replacing it if it doesn't fix the issue. I would want to check the fuses first to make sure those are all good. I am also a little worried that the dash and ac issue might be related. The airbag is blown, so I don't know if the steering wheel controls work. The car has 90k miles. I replaced basically the entire front end, including thermostat, oil pan, torque strut, and the top belt pulley because it was worn.

Once I get it back, I will take a closer look at that clutch to see if it is engaging. Also, I am getting a wine from one of the pulleys on that side (could be the compressor, not sure), so I think a bearing is going out. Let me know what you think!
Old 10-20-2017, 03:17 PM
Trial User

Default Re: Dash and AC problems

Well I know what the dash is called now, the iMid is what isn’t working. I did jump start it because the battery was almost dead, but it came on after the jump.

Also, I checked all the fuses and they are good, swapped the relay for the AC system and the compressor clutch still didn’t work, not engaging.

Old 10-20-2017, 03:30 PM
Trial User

Default Re: Dash and AC problems

Update: Found a ground that was painted over, sanded it down and the iMid came on. Problem now is that the buttons on the wheel won’t control it. The won’t work for radio either. I’m seeing a “result:NG” error on the iMid.