Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion

Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion (https://honda-tech.com/forums/)
-   Honda Civic (2006 - 2015) (https://honda-tech.com/forums/honda-civic-2006-2015-79/)
-   -   ATTENTION weathertech window visor owners! (si sedan specific) (https://honda-tech.com/forums/honda-civic-2006-2015-79/attention-weathertech-window-visor-owners-si-sedan-specific-3257015/)

Gplus 08-25-2015 03:25 PM

ATTENTION weathertech window visor owners! (si sedan specific)

I recently purchased Weathertech window visors for my 2009 SI sedan. About a week after I installed them I attempted to close my mirrors in a tight parking garage. To my surprise the Weathertech window visor only allowed my mirror close about half way before it scraped the paint off the bottom trim under the mirror glass.

I was very unhappy so I called Weathertech. Sent them pictures and a video of my issue. They refunded me total cost and I get to keep the visors. I asked them If they would look into the issue with the sedan visors and they said they would need to get more complaints..

I would love to get weathertech to develop a new visor for our cars with everyone's help!

So, I think the best course of action is....

STEP 1: Everyone with a sedan SI (06-11) rocking Weathertech window visors SLOWLY close your mirrors. About halfway you will notice the mirror will contact the weathertech visor. Don't push it any further you will scratch the paint off the bottom trim of the mirror like I did :thud:

STEP 2:Call weathertech and complain. Eventually we should all get a new set of redeveloped visors that allow us to fully close our mirrors!

Thanks for the help! I figure there are enough people on this forum to get weathertech off their butts and realize there is in fact a problem with our visors!

Gplus 08-25-2015 04:27 PM

Re: ATTENTION weathertech window visor owners! (si sedan specific)

After looking through some pictures on google it looks like any 06-11 sedan may be affected. The coupe mirrors are totally different and as far as I know don't have the same issue.

If you have an 8th gen sedan with weathertech window visors please post a reply stating whether your mirrors contact your visors or not. Any reply's and phone calls to weathertech will help us all get visors that allow our mirrors to function properly.

Thanks!

vtecnique69 08-27-2015 05:37 PM

I have weathertechs, but I really have no reason to fold in my mirrors. Maybe I'll snap some photos. I can't really see them changing the design because of that complaint. I don't see too many people in any type of car fold their mirrors in to begin with.

Weathertech koo doe, one of my rears came loose and flew off while i was driving, they sent me a set at no charge.

now if you said the Mugen visors contacted the mirrors and did damage, you'd get a much greater response lol. Not a lot of people have the weathertech visors I don't think.

Gplus 08-28-2015 11:33 AM

Thanks for the reply! I'm saving for a set of mugen visors. I just wanted to warn everyone. I also wanted to make sure its not just me having the problem. I know I installed them correctly. I used them on 4 cars now no problems until this. Thanks again! Mugen visors look better anyways lol