Notices
Honda Civic (2006 - 2015) 2006 - 2015 Civic Forums

Any Solid info on 07 Mugen Si Sedan?

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2006, 11:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any Solid info on 07 Mugen Si Sedan?

I saw everything on HT and SEMA and random google returns, however being that there is a "rumor" of 500 being sold here this year by Honda.... I am having an impossible time locating any dealer that knows what I am talking about.

4 dealers have me on a "list" which if you know anything about the car biz, it's a joke.

I am starting to think I am at the butt of a bad hoax chasing this car down.

Any dealers out there or anyone in the know?

Thanks so much for any constuctive return. I can be reached at azep3*@*aol.com
Old 11-28-2006, 02:16 AM
Honda-Tech Member

To be honest, i would imagine that if 500 are going to be sold here, most of those are already sold. Probably bought by businesses. Any normal consumer that manages to get one, will be lucky, and even luckier if they can keep it a few months without it getting stolen and stripped... sounds like a bad car to have.
Old 11-28-2006, 02:22 AM

Default Re: Any Solid info on 07 Mugen Si Sedan? (blownEP3)

just go out and get the Fiji and add those mugen's parts later...
Old 11-28-2006, 04:31 AM
Honda-Tech Member

oh its real....
i touched it

here is the details ( as per the sticker )

http://www.theh8r.com/gallery/...0.jpg

warning for a RETARDEDLY LARGE PICTURE.
Old 11-28-2006, 07:21 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Any Solid info on 07 Mugen Si Sedan? (Type X)

The only "Power" mod is the exhaust!? GAY!
Old 11-28-2006, 02:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Thanks Type X, yeah that's the one from SEMA. Everything says spring 2007 but surely there has got to be a list with HONDA not a dealer to purchase them. Can't a brotha blow 30g's... damn man... they make it so difficult.
Old 11-29-2006, 07:51 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (blownEP3)

yup the mugen si is real, but not worth it imo... for 1 their only producing it in the sedan, 2 why pay almost 30,000 for exhaust rims and a shift ***?? yes it is rare and only 500 are being made a year.. imo i would purchase an 07 mugen si "IF" it came out in the coupe and had real mugen performance parts, more than just a catback and rims...
Old 11-29-2006, 09:28 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (94Integra_Ls)

Quick question to all the

OMG 30k guys...

has anyone priced these parts out yet at king motorsports?

Suspension, wing, rims, tires, exhaust, lips etc etc
is A DEAL for what honda will tack on
since they are WARRANTEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED

I don't know what the problem is here
Old 11-29-2006, 09:53 AM

Default Re: (Type X)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Type X &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">OMG 30k guys...

I don't know what the problem is here</TD></TR></TABLE>

Exactly! If you are going to spend the money, you may as well go through the dealer unless you have one hell of a hookup. Personally, I do not care about this version. However, if you are interested in it, you should not peice it together.
Old 11-29-2006, 10:22 AM
Honda-Tech Member

If I was going to spend 30k on a car it wouldn't be a civic. My $0.02
Old 11-29-2006, 10:32 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Varmit)

Heres an email I got from my District parts and service rep regarding the Mugen sedan... it will be released but there is no for sure date that I'm aware of.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">For Immediate Release

2007 Honda Civic MUGEN Si Sedan Revealed at SEMA
<FONT COLOR="red">Honda announces plans to sell factory-prepared </FONT>

MUGEN Civic for the first time in U.S.

LAS VEGAS, Oct. 31, 2006 – American Honda Motor Co., Inc., today revealed a prototype Civic MUGEN Si Sedan prepared by legendary Honda tuner MUGEN equipped with a high performance suspension, forged aluminum wheels, aerodynamic body styling and a sport exhaust system at the 2006 Specialty Equipment Market Association (SEMA) show. Planned for production in a limited quantity of 500 units a year, the Civic MUGEN Si will be available at U.S. Honda dealers starting in spring 2007 with a manufacturer’s suggested retail price of less than $30,000 and a full factory warranty.

“Enthusiasts have equated the name MUGEN with JDM Honda performance for decades, and with the introduction of the Civic Si Sedan, the time is right for the two companies to once again join forces,” said John Mendel, senior vice president of American Honda. “A MUGEN-tuned vehicle available directly from the factory provides the ultimate level of performance, quality and refinement in a specially-tuned car.”

The track tuned suspension, tested at the Twin Ring Motegi racing circuit in Japan, lowers the vehicle by 0.6 inches with aggressive spring and damper tuning for enhanced handling performance while still maintaining a high level of ride comfort. Compared to the stock Civic Si Sedan, front and rear damping force (both bump and rebound) was increased between 8- and 24-percent (the rate varies depending on condition). Lightweight 16.7-pound 18x7.5-inch forged aluminum wheels (27 percent lighter than the stock 17x7 alloy wheel) and high-grip BFGoodrich® g-Force KDW 215/40ZR18 summer tires help to further create MUGEN’s rewarding and well-balanced handling performance character.

- more -

The full-vehicle aero-package adds a front spoiler with a sports grille (with special MUGEN Si emblem), side spoilers, a rear bumper diffuser and a rear wing. The sports exhaust system reduces exhaust system back pressure from the catalytic converter back, resulting in an enhanced power curve. Additional accoutrements include front and rear MUGEN emblems outside. Inside, a serial number placard is located on the instrument panel along with a spherical 50 mm MUGEN shift ****.

The name MUGEN symbolizes Honda performance throughout Asia and around the globe. MUGEN, under license by M-TEC Co., Ltd., of Japan, has been closely associated with Honda for more than three decades in the design and manufacture of racing and premium aftermarket performance products.

Honda’s activities at SEMA coincide with the November 1 on-sale date of the new-for-2007 Civic Si Sedan. The Civic Si Sedan embraces the style and performance of the Civic Si Coupe and marks the first time that "Si" performance has become available in a sedan body style.

Civic MUGEN Si Sedan Prototype Specs:

Ride Height = -0.6 inches (5.3 inches total)

Overall Length = +1.1 inches (177.8 inches total)

Wheels: Forged GP 18x7.5 (pattern 5H-114.3 +48)

Color: Fiji Blue Pearl

</TD></TR></TABLE>
Old 11-29-2006, 12:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Sorry, Let me put this thread back on track...

Only looking for solid info on how to get one..

NOT.. opinions of worth or whether "you" can or cannot afford it and would spend "your" money on it.

Thank you for that Honda Info post. All I have learned since I was at SEMA was that it will be released Spring of 2007. My main question is, will only choice dealers be getting them or is it a direct order?
Old 11-29-2006, 12:29 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by blownEP3 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Thank you for that Honda Info post. All I have learned since I was at SEMA was that it will be released Spring of 2007. My main question is, will only choice dealers be getting them or is it a direct order?</TD></TR></TABLE>

They will probably be only distributed to the high volume dealers. In my area, dealer were only getting 1-2 Si's a month since there were only 15,000 made. Some dealers in surrounding areas only got one every 2 months. I know some dealers that haven't gotten any to my knowledge.
Old 11-29-2006, 12:57 PM

I forgot which mag it was (and I can do some research) but it was talking about the Mugen Si in Japan. What it said was that Mugen has no interest in participating with the Si here in the States for both the coupe and the sedan.

Its a fairly new mag, I think it was for this month (November). I'm sure I can find it. Maybe news has changed since it came out, but just wanted to throw it out. It someone can confirm it for me in the mean time...
Old 11-29-2006, 02:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by blownEP3 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
Thank you for that Honda Info post. All I have learned since I was at SEMA was that it will be released Spring of 2007. My main question is, will only choice dealers be getting them or is it a direct order?</TD></TR></TABLE>

More than likely dealers that decide to order them. I know for a fact that my dealership will NOT be getting one seeing as we are a small home-town dealership and there wont be much market for one. I'm sure high volume dealerships will be more apt to get one or more depending on demand/requests
Old 11-29-2006, 05:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

the mugen si will be pre order units only go to the dealer ask about how to order one
Old 11-29-2006, 05:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Type X &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Quick question to all the

OMG 30k guys...

I don't know what the problem is here</TD></TR></TABLE>
what the hell is it with you and warranty of aero parts?
Old 11-29-2006, 06:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

on those aero parts, that's actually pretty nice considering we have all seen our fair share of "custom" installs when we were younger. I am good with a guaranteed install and a FACTORY MATCH PAINT &lt;--That's a big plus too)
Old 11-30-2006, 07:38 AM
Honda-Tech Member

this is just hondas way of still screwing the us market

they are concerned with financial profits not making the individual consumer happy. they are making money off what has been said before exhaust, areo, wheels, and a shift ****. people talking about how much money it would take to put this together is only because it is rare and not avilable to the us consumer. I guarantee these wings will be worth alot less on our market once they come out because honestly if i had one im not a fan of the wing it would come off.

this all comes down to the same thing in any market and how many people out there will pay until their *** hurts to have a name on their product

honestly for the sedan idea i guarantee those parts will be all over coupes in no time
Old 11-30-2006, 07:41 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Any Solid info on 07 Mugen Si Sedan? (RacingShoeBox)

rear diffuser on a high 15 second car... scary!

finally.... your precious 10 thousand dollar shift ****

Old 11-30-2006, 07:53 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Any Solid info on 07 Mugen Si Sedan? (RacingShoeBox)

i havent been able to get any info from any of my local dealers about it, they have no idea

but i do think this car would be a good buy. It will deffinatly retain all its resale, even better than the 99-00 si's. people will want one of these 8-10 years from now
Old 11-30-2006, 08:07 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Any Solid info on 07 Mugen Si Sedan? (JDogg)

i would agree... but they plan to make as IGN says 5-600 every year which means it will be old news fast and they will probally start maken them with performance parts after they see how the american market reacts 2 this car
Old 11-30-2006, 08:45 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (SeanJohn1802)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SeanJohn1802 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
what the hell is it with you and warranty of aero parts?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Since 99'

All i've read on a MILLION forums is
Where is the Type R... why don't we get the Type R....

CRY ME A RIVER PEOPLE....

We got a version of the car that has great styling with the 06 civic si finally, LSD same motor as a CTR.. from a honda dealer.
and yet people still aren't happy.
Also.. they offer us Mugen parts now.. along with suspension upgrads...wheel choices etc etc.

How can people still be complaining?
Because they dont offer INJEN cai, superchargers and turbo's at the dealer?

I hate to break it to you guys but Honda competes against higher end cars pretty much in EVERY class
S2k is a PERFECT example.. for 30k your getting a car that for years has dominated its class....
No supercharger...No turbo... BONE STOCK.

So everyone quit trying to find things to complain about...
its getting old...

Old 11-30-2006, 09:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

and just for whoever thinks the above is not an answer...

the point is

You get EVERYTHING YOU WANTED FROM HONDA.... fully warranteed from the stealership ... STOCK.

yet people are still complaining...
Old 11-30-2006, 09:57 AM
Honda-Tech Member

type x, I agree. I never meant for this thread to become a crybaby session for people out there picking apart the performance to price aspect... to me, it's a collector piece.. plain and simple.

as far as the comment "rear diffuser on a high 15 second car... scary!"

It's a stock Honda... what did a stock usdm EG, EK or even DC run stock?

Quick Reply: Any Solid info on 07 Mugen Si Sedan?