Honda Civic (2006 - 2015) 2006 - 2015 Civic Forums

Acuity shift linkage bushings

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2016, 03:12 PM
OG triple OG

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Acuity shift linkage bushings

Hey all,

A couple of weeks ago, Russ at Acuity reached out to me asking me if I would review a set of this shift linkage bushings. I have Hybrid racing bushings installed already so I thought it would be fun to give a comparison.

Here is the packaging, I am a sucker for branding so I love the way the bushings are packaged:

Contents of the package are 2 cotter pins, 2 retaining rings, and 2 bushings:

Top of the bushings:

Bottom of the bushings:

Initial impressions and install:

The smaller bushing looks very similar to the Hybrid Racing bushing set which isn't a surprise seeing as it is just a solid bushing. The larger bushing has a nice purple anodized color and looks well constructed. The outer portion of the bushing is plastic, with a gap on one side to ensure a snug fit within the cable. There are also two o-rings around the bushing to further ensure a snug fit.

Installation was very simple, for me I removed my Hybrid Racing bushings but for somebody who has stock bushings installed, there are lots of DIYs on how to remove those. Install was a breeze and fitment is perfect. I will get a picture of how they look installed, but I really like the purple anodizing and how it pops in the engine bay. Although less subtle than the Hybrid Racing, depending on the look you're going for, the Acuity bushings scream "modified" which doesn't hurt my feelings at all, although some might prefer a more stealthy look.

As far as feel goes, I can only compare them to my Hybrid Racing bushings as I have had them installed for a year or so. There is no difference to me in shift feel which is comforting. There is no slack or play in shifter feel and shifting feels very precise. I will continue to use them and update. I actually see no reason to take them off and put the Hybrid Racing bushings back on as the performance so far is identical, plus I love the look.

A big shout out to Russ at Acuity for sending me these bushings. If anyone is looking at upgrading their bushings, you cannot go wrong with these. Check their website out at:

http://acuityinstruments.com/

I highly recommend these. The prices are comparable to HR, the biggest thing that really stands out to me design wise is the outer part of the bushing. Hybrid Racing has a really nicely constructed bushing. It is a metal outer area that is CNC'd to fit within the cable. The downside to this is that there has to be although small, a measurable amount of slop as you cannot machine a bushing that slides in without being pressed, that also doesn't have any slop. Where Acuity takes it a step further, the outer bushing area is composite and accounts for the issue the HR bushing doesn't. It actually took a positive push on the bushing to get it into the shift cable, I really really like this aspect of the bushing, so it completely eliminates slop in this area. Russ is not new to the Honda scene or making parts, but Acuity has been pretty exclusively word of mouth. He asked me to try these and so far I am very impressed. Some more products will be coming out for the 9th gen that sound very promising. It is always nice to see new products for our cars.

BTW these are available for 8th and 9th gen Si's and the 9th gen R18.
Old 02-24-2016, 07:55 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Acuity shift linkage bushings

Nice review!

I have the HR myself and would probably only change them for KTuned... but this is another option!
Old 02-24-2016, 08:06 AM
OG triple OG

Originally Posted by DaveSi677
Nice review!

I have the HR myself and would probably only change them for KTuned... but this is another option!
I run HR normally and both are great. I wasn't I impressed with the Ktuned bushings.
Old 02-24-2016, 09:05 AM
OG triple OG

Some pics installed:

So far, driving around for a few days, I am really liking it. Both bushings have no play within the cable housings. The Hybrid Racing bushings had the slightest amount of slop in them, with the larger bushing having a bit more. This is a really nice alternative that looks great!
Old 02-26-2016, 09:19 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

bump might have to try these out
Old 02-26-2016, 09:36 AM
OG triple OG

You will really like them.
Old 02-27-2016, 12:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by ATS*Mark
You will really like them.
Yeah I have a little slop in the stock bushings, they do have 100k+ miles on them doe.