Notices
Honda Civic (2006 - 2015) 2006 - 2015 Civic Forums

9th Gen Performance

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2019, 10:29 PM
Trial User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Icon5 9th Gen Performance

Hey, im a newly-recent honda owner. Got my 2015 LX coupe from a used dealership at only 24k miles with aftermarket Megan Racing exhaust.
The first couple of mods I did was install a K&N Typhoon and buy new wheels. Besides weight-reduction, are there any other changes I can make without dropping 3-4k on a turbo/super? Also, I know i can get fp, but i've heard that my vehicle needs to already have a proper tune beforehand to recieve all of its benefits. Any sort of help or recommendations would be greatly appreciated.
Old 04-13-2019, 07:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: 9th Gen Performance

Sup, bro. Takes forever to get a response on here. Hella sucks.
Anyway, down pipe, injectors, throttle body, intake manifold, pullys maybe? FP should definitely help.
Old 04-13-2019, 08:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 797 Likes on 737 Posts

Originally Posted by Droop408
Sup, bro. Takes forever to get a response on here. Hella sucks.
Anyway, down pipe, injectors, throttle body, intake manifold, pullys maybe? FP should definitely help.
It is likely that no response was given because there isn't an easy or concise answer to what the OP asked. If you don't want to spend any money, you will not get any performance gains. On the other hand, one can make some relatively low cost cosmetic mods, especially if you can do the labor yourself, that can be tasteful and make the vehicle appear unique.

Droop408, ALL of the items that you have suggested are either not available or will make absolutely no improvement on the performance of this engine... except maybe the down pipe WITH a tune. And what is "FP" ??? Fuel Pressure ??? If so, the car has a return-less fuel system... the regulator is in the tank and higher fuel pressure will only decrease the fuel economy.

Now, just a suggestion for both of you so that you get more rapid answers from the forum in the future... ask specific questions instead of very general questions as the OP did here. For example, one might have asked "I have a 2015 Civic LX automatic sedan and I want to spend about $300 to improve the performance of the engine. What modification should I be considering ?"
Old 04-13-2019, 10:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

“FP” is Flashpro as I’ve seen others use it. And I get being more specific with questions it’s just I remember a time when ppl would respond even with “what are you trying to do” as opposed to just bypassing the thread all together.
Old 04-23-2019, 02:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Devilman99
Hey, im a newly-recent honda owner. Got my 2015 LX coupe from a used dealership at only 24k miles with aftermarket Megan Racing exhaust.
The first couple of mods I did was install a K&N Typhoon and buy new wheels. Besides weight-reduction, are there any other changes I can make without dropping 3-4k on a turbo/super? Also, I know i can get fp, but i've heard that my vehicle needs to already have a proper tune beforehand to recieve all of its benefits. Any sort of help or recommendations would be greatly appreciated.
I know you just bought your car, but if you want a performance 8th/9th gen civic you look to the Si. I don't think that there are many significant gains you can get from bolt ons and a flashpro. I recall seeing some threads on 8thgencivic/9thgencivic asking the exact same question. You're asking for performance without spending large amounts of money, which isn't going to happen. It seems like you already know that the most substantial gains are going to be from a turbo/supercharger kit.
Old 04-27-2019, 02:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Icon4 Re: 9th Gen Performance

i love my 2012 civic LX, it is my first new car, but there is nothing you can do that can make a civic into a performance car, other than turbo/ supercharging it. this costs lots of dollars and changes the task/purpose of the car.
now - you can spend money modifying the suspension, and that will give you appreciation for improved handling. simple things like taking the on ramp as a fast rate of speed become a joy with the correct handling mods. when i have a need for speed, i drive my supercharged 96 mustang Cobra SVT, when I feel like cruising, I drive my 04 marauder.
my 2 cents of course- but you will enjoy your civic more with suspension mods.