Notices
Honda Civic (2006 - 2015) 2006 - 2015 Civic Forums

8th gen poping noise, need help!

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2014, 08:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 8th gen poping noise, need help!

I'm new to the Honda tech site, I just signed up yesterday. I'm have trouble diagnosing this loud popping or clicking noise on my wife's 06 4 door civic. She drives an 06 civic ex, auto trans, completely stock, no mods. Has about 160k on the car. And for the past month has been hearing a strange pop, or clicking noise when driving. So after I test drove it came up with it's a bad cv axel. Changed it. Still happened, so I changed the inner and outer tie rods, got it aligned and the said they recommend replacing the struts, changed them, and the upper strut mounts due to bad bearings. It stopped for a week or so then came back, looked at it again and saw the other axel had a ton of play so I just changed that. And now it's still doing it. It's very annoying and only happens when she hits little bumps going straight. So I read a few forums on here, saying it could be loose rack, loose motor mounts, loose passenger seat, the front bumper cover..... Check them all everything looks good. The car drives amazing and runs even better, just that awful noise. I'm super stumped on what it could be and could really use a point in the right direction. THANKS IN ADVANCED!!!