Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion

Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion (https://honda-tech.com/forums/)
-   Honda Civic (2006 - 2015) (https://honda-tech.com/forums/honda-civic-2006-2015-79/)
-   -   2008 Honda Civic Mugen SI (https://honda-tech.com/forums/honda-civic-2006-2015-79/2008-honda-civic-mugen-si-2225504/)

hmongboyLS 03-15-2008 07:25 PM

The Honda dealership I work at still has a mugen Si sitting in the showroom. And yes, the parts do cost a whole crap load even with my employee discount. I looked up the pricing in parts department for a few items.

EK 2 9K 05-19-2008 09:27 PM

Re: (hmongboyLS)

we have one for sale still in the show room in upstate NY....they are DYING to get rid of the car! they want it gone ASAP. they are letting it go for sticker possibly a lil under i am not sure.....pm me if anyone is SERIOUSLY interested https://honda-tech.com/forums/images/smilies/emthup.gif

redDAinteg 05-20-2008 01:39 AM

Re: (EK 2 9K)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by nutsack &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Not an Si but a limited edition Mugen Civic.

http://www.edmunds.com/insidel...21536

https://image.motortrend.com/f/japan...n-rr-front.jpg </TD></TR></TABLE>

That is the Mugen RR which is basically a beefed up JDM Civic Type R. The Civic Type R in Japan comes with 225hp and the Mugen RR comes with 240hp, full painted carbon-fiber front fenders, bumper and hood and Much more aggressive suspension over the already Race ready civic type R.

The Mugen RR is even more rare than the Mugen Si, with only 500 TOTAL cars made which have all been Sold within 10minutes of being on sale. The Mugen RR is only for Japan.

The list of the best performing civics currently.

1. Mugen RR
2. Honda Civic Type R (Japanese)
3. Honda Civic Type R (European)
4. Mugen Si
5. Honda Civic Si

redDAinteg 05-20-2008 01:41 AM

Re: (redDAinteg)

Type R
Honda debuted a Type R concept for the European Civic at the 2006 Geneva Motor Show; the Type R has a 2.0 litre 201 bhp (150 kW) at 7800 rpm I4. The suspension uses McPherson struts up front and a torsion beam in the back, while the car itself was initially thought to be lighter than the standard Civic as dictated by Honda Type R philosophy. Sophisticated handling aids such as traction control were initially thought to be completely eschewed for a purer, more soulful driving character. In the end, Honda did include a special version of their VSA (Vehicle Stability Assist) that was specifically tuned to the car so as to better adhere to said philosophy. The Type R went on sale in the UK in February or March 2007, and is scheduled to reach Australia in July the same year. The European Civic Type R also went on sale in Brunei.

The JDM/ASIAN(ex. China) market 4-door Civic Type R went on sale on March 29, 2007. The Type R powered by an uprated K20A 2.0 litre iVTEC engine producing 225 PS (165 kW) at 8000 rpm (Available in Japan and Malaysia only), while the other JDM markets have 201 bhp (150 kW) at 7800 rpm and comes with a specially tuned sports suspension that includes new Brembo brakes. The prototype Type R was used as the official car of the Formula 1 2006 Japanese Grand Prix. This will mark the first time that Honda will produce two separate distinct Civic Type R models.

Mugen's Civic RR which is the Type R sedans uprated model is available in Japan. The Mugen RR sheds an additional 10kg (22 lbs) off the standard Civic Type R's weight, coming in at 2733 lbs. In addition to the weight loss, the freer-breathing Mugen RR picks up 15 horsepower over the regular Type R. It's rated at 240 horses at 8,000 rpm and 160 lb-ft at 7,000 rpm.

Complementing the added power and decreased weight are a new bodykit, upgraded brakes all around, a retuned suspension, new wheels and tires, and logo-emblazoned Recaro sport buckets. Availability is limited to 300 cars, all in the Milan Red finish shown, and the pricing in Japan has been set at ¥4,777,500 ($38,750 USD).

Mugen's official website has a video of the car lapping Japan's Tsukuba circuit in 1:06:68.

JchanFTW 05-20-2008 01:59 AM

Re: (redDAinteg)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by redDAinteg &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

The list of the best performing civics currently.

1. Mugen RR
4. Mugen Si
5. Honda Civic Si Coupe
6. Honda Civic Si Sedan</TD></TR></TABLE>

Fixed your list.

cangriSi 05-29-2008 10:03 AM

Re: (Dat Fiyahhh)

hey theres only 998mugen now. my friend crashed his n somebody stole on from a dealer close to where i live an took all da parts out. in oder words they destroyed it.

i-VTEC_DOHC 05-29-2008 03:36 PM

Re: 2008 Honda Civic Mugen SI (MugenK20Power)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by MugenK20Power &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">yeah i got one i think its worth it.....i've had it since november....forget what people say about it and that its too much for a civic....this is how i see it i'd rather pay monthly payments for mugen parts than trying to do monthly payments and trying to save up for after market parts or even mugen parts.....so if u look at it the way that i see it then u'll realize that its a great deal....i'll post up some of my pix up soon have fun with it</TD></TR></TABLE>
yea but think of it this way. your paying 10k extra for a bodykit, coilovers, rims, and an exhaust. thats just plain f**king ridiculous.

user 72830283 05-30-2008 04:16 AM

Re: (cangriSi)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by cangriSi &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">hey theres only 998mugen now. my friend crashed his n somebody stole on from a dealer close to where i live an took all da parts out. in oder words they destroyed it.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

speak ENGLISH, or get the fuk out. And no one really gives a fuk about your undocumented, not cited numbers that you magically made up since you know exactly where the remaining 998 Mugen's are. I actually just bought like 3 or 4 of them and wrecked them all, so the number is down to 994.. https://honda-tech.com/forums/images...es/emdgust.gif

Modified by pr3d at 12:58 PM 5/30/2008

hayabusa160 05-31-2008 09:34 PM

Re: (pr3d)

the one at the dealership i work at is still sitting there.

jdmeg9 06-03-2008 01:53 PM

Re: (JchanFTW)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JchanFTW &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Fixed your list. </TD></TR></TABLE>

1. Mugen RR
4. Mugen Si
5. Honda Civic Si Sedan
6. Honda Civic Si Coupe

Sedan &gt; Coupe
hey just wanted to let you know you got your 5 and 6 swapped around fixed it for you https://honda-tech.com/forums/images/smilies/emthup.gif

-JAWSHUA- 06-11-2008 05:12 PM

nice come up. i hella wish we got the rr civic though. http://is.rely.net/1-92-65076-l-NREc...mLFY3DaZnA.gif

teggsr925 06-17-2008 05:18 PM

Re: (nutsack)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by nutsack &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I'd be afraid this would be a big target of thieves like the Integra Type R is. It is a great looking car though.</TD></TR></TABLE>

it isnt the type of car that is left parked outside

and i think the mark up is worth it if u want the car. its gonna be a bitch tryin to get the mugen si parts for my si...i want that lip kit but its gonna cost me a fortune

MaddMatt 06-17-2008 06:02 PM

Re: (teggsr925)

There's one at Roger's Honda in Shelby NC, the same dealer I got my Si Sedan. Sticker is $33K. For the $12K difference, I can make my Si significantly better than the Mugen, and have money left over to buy a new enclosed trailer.

dirtySOHC's 06-17-2008 06:59 PM

Re: (MaddMatt)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by MaddMatt &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">There's one at Roger's Honda in Shelby NC, the same dealer I got my Si Sedan. Sticker is $33K. For the $12K difference, I can make my Si significantly better than the Mugen, and have money left over to buy a new enclosed trailer.</TD></TR></TABLE>

it's the idea of owning a collectors piece that gets people to buy those cars. anyone can spend $12K and make any car better than the mugen SI.

MaddMatt 06-18-2008 10:11 AM

Re: (dirtySOHC's)

The words "collector" and "Civic" do not belong in the same sentence. Cars like the ultra rare Toyota 2000GT are collectable. In general, Japanese cars are almost never collectable. In the end, a Mugen Civic is a Civic with a $12,000 blue paint job. It'll be as collectable as the Sunburst Yellow Miatas from (I think) 1991.

XX Boosted Si XX 06-18-2008 07:10 PM

Re: (teggsr925)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by teggsr925 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

it isnt the type of car that is left parked outside

and i think the mark up is worth it if u want the car. its gonna be a bitch tryin to get the mugen si parts for my si...i want that lip kit but its gonna cost me a fortune</TD></TR></TABLE>

I have the front lip for sale, I have the link from 8thgen.com if you want to buy it

XX Boosted Si XX 06-18-2008 07:18 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by MaddMatt &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">The words "collector" and "Civic" do not belong in the same sentence. Cars like the ultra rare Toyota 2000GT are collectable. In general, Japanese cars are almost never collectable. In the end, a Mugen Civic is a Civic with a $12,000 blue paint job. It'll be as collectable as the Sunburst Yellow Miatas from (I think) 1991.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Any car you own can be a collector for yourself. There will always be someone looking for a perticular model car lets say 20 years from now and especially if its mint. Just because its a honda civic doesnt mean it cant be a collectors item. I bought mine because when I saw it in person I fell in love with it. I dont care if its not worth anything in 10 years or whatever. I mean IMO if there are only 1000 made thats pretty rare considering the production amount of a regular model. I mean why were people still paying a fortune for integra type r's from 98 or whatever, for a car thats 10 years old asnd not even that special in my opinion. Besides all the people that are hating on the Mugen are saying well i would of bought one if they added some power. So if it was 240hp like the RR it would of been a collectable or worth it? And as far as the people saying its over priced...yada yada...i paid well below sticker and well worth it considering the price of the Mugen parts that are added to the car! You just have to find the right dealer at the right time!

Modified by XX Boosted Si XX at 10:24 PM 6/18/2008

dirtySOHC's 06-18-2008 07:37 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by MaddMatt &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">The words "collector" and "Civic" do not belong in the same sentence.</TD></TR></TABLE>

but "toyota" and "collector" can be?

the NSX is not collector?

Type R's aren't collector or did they just number them for no reason?

20 years from now people will ask about Mugen Si's and be like "oh i wish i had got one when they came out".

MaddMatt 06-18-2008 08:48 PM

Re: (dirtySOHC's)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I mean why were people still paying a fortune for integra type r's from 98 or whatever, </TD></TR></TABLE>

A car that was extremely different from the base car is was derived from. Other than the shape, exactly how similar was a Type R and a GSR? Not all that much. At the end of the day, the Mugen is a Civic Si with a paint job, a big wing and a short shift kit.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">but "toyota" and "collector" can be? </TD></TR></TABLE>

If its a 2000GT, yes. If its a Celica, no.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">the NSX is not collector?</TD></TR></TABLE>

One day, possibly, but not yet. But they made a bunch of those.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Type R's aren't collector or did they just number them for no reason?</TD></TR></TABLE>

One day, possibly, but not yet. They were also, as I indicated, dramatically different from a mechanical standpoint, from the car it was derived from. That's another potential collector car.

I don't know what your definition of "collectable" is, but I'm pretty sure when the value of a car is greater than it's original price, it's now "collectable". Will the Mugen ever be worth more than it's current $32K-$33K price?

Enjoy your Mugen. Seriously. No, really, I mean that, no asshole-ness intended. It is a pretty car. If it had been, say $2000 more than a regular Si, the one at Roger's might be in my garage right now. My recomendation for you would be to enjoy it for 2-3 years and sell it. Because in 10 years, all you have is a blue Civic. I would also be hoping this was the only year of them. Nothing devalues a rare car more than....building more of them. If Honda had stopped at the 500 or so 1997 white Type Rs, those things would be going for a bloody damn fortune...

dirtySOHC's 06-18-2008 08:54 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by MaddMatt &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

A car that was extremely different from the base car is was derived from. Other than the shape, exactly how similar was a Type R and a GSR? Not all that much. At the end of the day, the Mugen is a Civic Si with a paint job, a big wing and a short shift kit.

If its a 2000GT, yes. If its a Celica, no.

One day, possibly, but not yet. But they made a bunch of those.

One day, possibly, but not yet. They were also, as I indicated, dramatically different from a mechanical standpoint, from the car it was derived from. That's another potential collector car.

I don't know what your definition of "collectable" is, but I'm pretty sure when the value of a car is greater than it's original price, it's now "collectable". Will the Mugen ever be worth more than it's current $32K-$33K price?

Enjoy your Mugen. Seriously. No, really, I mean that, no asshole-ness intended. It is a pretty car. If it had been, say $2000 more than a regular Si, the one at Roger's might be in my garage right now. My recomendation for you would be to enjoy it for 2-3 years and sell it. Because in 10 years, all you have is a blue Civic. I would also be hoping this was the only year of them. Nothing devalues a rare car more than....building more of them. If Honda had stopped at the 500 or so 1997 white Type Rs, those things would be going for a bloody damn fortune...

</TD></TR></TABLE>

I never said I owned a Mugen Si. you know what they say about assuming.

I don't own the car but still think it's collectable.

EDIT: also, "collectable" means something WORTH collecting.....it's not a matter of value

jdmintegls 06-19-2008 07:46 AM

Re: (RICO_)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by RICO_ &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Right you are.....but yet the main reason people won't buy the EVO or STI are because of insurance payments. </TD></TR></TABLE>

false!!! i paid only $5 more for my EVO insurance payment

Radioactive_Man 06-19-2008 08:01 PM

Re: 2008 Honda Civic Mugen SI (the_one_6682)

I myself have only seen 1 in my area.. looks real nice in person compared to the photos imo... 30k nice.. not too sure about that https://honda-tech.com/forums/images/smilies/emwink.gif

BlackHFP 06-20-2008 07:02 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by MaddMatt &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

</TD></TR></TABLE>

The Mugen is a Civic Si with the same paint job as every other Fiji Blue Si out there. A tuned suspension, a wind tunnel tested aero package, adjustable wing, exhaust, lightweight 18" wheels, BFG KDW tires AND a factory warranty. I hate to burst your bubble but there is no short shifter on the stock car (although it is an option now.) If you are going to bash it at least bash it correctly.

*DISCLAIMER - I own a Mugen. I paid sticker for it. I autox and track it. I also own a NBP 07 Coupe Si. The Mugen is a completely different animal and worth the extra cost IMO. I re-enforce that decision every time I take it out. https://honda-tech.com/forums/images/smilies/emwink.gif

McBitchin 06-20-2008 11:43 AM

Re: (BlackHFP)

not bashin or anythin here, but does the 10k really justify the areo mods, unless you are doing some serious tracking (not autoxing) it isnt gonna make a difference, the sport tuned suspension, which is an option I believe for the regular si, and the wheels are an option also, I would have saved the money, gotten a nbp si sedan and bought those extra parts, that was my plan until I realized I could be spending the same amount of money on much better parts. it does look fantastic and is a rare car, in that sense I guess it would be worth a little extra, if it had the k20a from jdm land it would definitly be worth it

BlackHFP 06-20-2008 12:45 PM

Re: (McBitchin)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by McBitchin &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">not bashin or anythin here, but does the 10k really justify the areo mods, unless you are doing some serious tracking (not autoxing) it isnt gonna make a difference, the sport tuned suspension, which is an option I believe for the regular si, and the wheels are an option also, I would have saved the money, gotten a nbp si sedan and bought those extra parts, that was my plan until I realized I could be spending the same amount of money on much better parts. it does look fantastic and is a rare car, in that sense I guess it would be worth a little extra, if it had the k20a from jdm land it would definitly be worth it</TD></TR></TABLE>

I have to agree with you on the engine... It could have used a bit more. The optional suspension from Honda is the HFP which is even stiffer than the Mugen suspension and has a bit different dampening rates. However I feel that the Mugen suspension is fantastically tuned to the sedan. Oh and tthe Mugen has a bit bigger front sway bar, which I may replace with the regular Si sway for some of the less sticky courses.You can get the wheels as an option and they are some of the lightest 18's around. There are only 2 others that are lighter that I have found. The one set I want for the track are the SSR Type C's. The aero kit... I honestly have not noticed much difference, however I have not tracked the regular Si and I don't speed in the Mugen https://honda-tech.com/forums/images...es/emsmile.gif . We have happy cops here...