2007 honda civic ex 1 inch lift - Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion

Honda Civic (2006 - 2015) 2006 - 2015 Civic Forums

2007 honda civic ex 1 inch lift

Old 12-01-2018, 07:29 PM
Trial User

Icon5 2007 honda civic ex 1 inch lift

I have 2007 honda civic ex coupe. I want to lift it to put on 225 60 16 tires on it. I am curious could i just put on longer springs with same springs to gain that inch? Are there springs from another vehicle that would fit and were longer? Do i need to find a custom spring shop to have them made and who does that? Would adjustable coilovers and 1 inch coilspring spacers work even though adjustable coilovers are designed to lower a vehicle ? I am determined to making this work, but i want it done clean,,, it is my daily drive.
Old 12-01-2018, 08:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: 2007 honda civic ex 1 inch lift

Why do you want to run that specific tire size ??? It is more than 3/4" wider and 1.75" taller than the stock size tire... and this drastic of a change will make your speedometer display slow as well as potentially create issues with your ABS and VSA systems. The normally accepted variance in tire diameter/circumference is +/- 3%. The tire size that you have chosen is 7% taller than stock.

Obviously no manufacturer would create products that would be harmful and/or dangerous to the operation of your vehicle, so the only way you will find a taller spring is to use one from another application. I personally am unaware of a cross breed solution. Sorry.
Old 12-02-2018, 01:38 PM
Trial User

Default Re: 2007 honda civic ex 1 inch lift

Thanks for your input, I chose the size thinking it wouldnt be an issue lifting a cat 1 inch,,, i would love to make it work,, i bought universal coil spacers ,,,but universal does not fit stock spring. Would adjustable coilovers and the spacers work? I know it will be a stiffer ride but i might be ok with that ,,,,if it would work then i have that option. ,,,,How about a company that could make a longer open end coil to give me an inch lift?

Search this Thread

Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: