Notices
Honda Civic (2006 - 2015) 2006 - 2015 Civic Forums

2007 Civic EX automatic door lock issues

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2014, 08:33 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2007 Civic EX automatic door lock issues

My girlfriend's car is having some issues with the automatic door locks. The keyless entry does not work - when you press the lock or unlock key, you can hear the car trying to unlock the doors but they don't unlock. We think this is because the driver side door cannot lock or unlock itself - it has to be done manually, either by key or, if inside the car, by flipping the lock switch on the door handle.

Because the car can't unlock the driver's side door with the keyless entry, none of the other doors will lock or unlock. I assume this is because the driver's side is the "master lock" on the car. If you lock the car from the outside with the key then use the keyless entry button to lock the car, the doors all lock fine. If you do not lock the driver door manually, then pressing the lock button on the keyless entry does not work - the locks sound like they're trying to lock but don't. Again, presumably these aren't working because the driver's door isn't locking, right?

When driving the car, once you hit 10mph the car tries to lock itself but, again, the driver door won't lock so none of the other doors lock. Then any time you slow down and go back over 10-15mph the car tries to lock itself again. It does this repeatedly while driving in stop-and-go traffic until you manually lock the driver door yourself.

Do we need to replace the door actuator? What would cause it to audibly attempt to lock but fail?
Old 08-16-2014, 08:45 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: 2007 Civic EX automatic door lock issues

Sounds like an actuator... they are pretty inexpensive and easy to change too
Old 08-16-2014, 08:55 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Just called the local stealership and they quoted me $97 for the part. He mentioned something about the actuator being part of the door latch. That doesn't seem right, does it? I thought the part was like $30. Anyone got a part number or a link to where I can order it online?
Old 08-16-2014, 10:05 AM
Honda-Tech Member

The actuator is a solenoid that works on the latch assembly and is contained within it. Majestic Honda has them for $42.96 USD. Your dealership is trying to make a good buck off you.
Old 09-21-2015, 04:56 PM
Trial User

Originally Posted by EBP_Em1
My girlfriend's car is having some issues with the automatic door locks. The keyless entry does not work - when you press the lock or unlock key, you can hear the car trying to unlock the doors but they don't unlock. We think this is because the driver side door cannot lock or unlock itself - it has to be done manually, either by key or, if inside the car, by flipping the lock switch on the door handle.

Because the car can't unlock the driver's side door with the keyless entry, none of the other doors will lock or unlock. I assume this is because the driver's side is the "master lock" on the car. If you lock the car from the outside with the key then use the keyless entry button to lock the car, the doors all lock fine. If you do not lock the driver door manually, then pressing the lock button on the keyless entry does not work - the locks sound like they're trying to lock but don't. Again, presumably these aren't working because the driver's door isn't locking, right?

When driving the car, once you hit 10mph the car tries to lock itself but, again, the driver door won't lock so none of the other doors lock. Then any time you slow down and go back over 10-15mph the car tries to lock itself again. It does this repeatedly while driving in stop-and-go traffic until you manually lock the driver door yourself.

Do we need to replace the door actuator? What would cause it to audibly attempt to lock but fail?
Hi there,
I'm having the exact same problem.
How did you get yours fixed?