Notices
Honda Civic (2006 - 2015) 2006 - 2015 Civic Forums

2006 Honda Civic Si Emergency Trunk Latch Fails!

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2015, 01:14 PM
Trial User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2006 Honda Civic Si Emergency Trunk Latch Fails!

I recently got a flat tire and when i went to pop the trunk to get the spare ...i have had nothing but a headache ever since. My trunk will not open. I have read many Honda forums about this issue, I even took it into a Honda Service center. There is a Design flaw with ONLY the 2006 Civic si 2Dr Coupe they decided to make it Key less entry. Trunk is opened with a button on your Key as well as a latch you can pull on the driver side door. If you think you can get into the trunk through the back seat your absolutely Wrong! unless your stretch armstrong. The Local Honda service center said they would have to cut a hole in my seat... and i would have to replace it $$$ One tech recommended i purchase a "snake cam" and try it that way... After a Phone call to American Honda Corp. They said it is not a safety issue and basically there's nothing they can do to help me. Well... i took it upon myself and took the back seat out.... unbolted a few bolts... to where i was able to part the seats enough to slide my arm through... but couldnt reach the seat latch to make the seats fold down... MAJOR DESIGN FLAW...!!! took a broom stick... and got the seats to fold down. Crawled in the trunk and at the back of the trunk clear as day...EVEN GLOWS IN THE DARK (Emergency Trunk Latch slide to the left) so i slide the handle to the left... and NOTHING... TRUNK STILL WONT OPEN... now i ask you HONDA.... HOW IS THIS NOT A SAFETY ISSUE????? they will fight it till someone dies...from this.... THEY DONT LIKE ADDMITTING DESIGN FLAWS or Coming out of pocket to do a Recall.. Now i know knot everyone has had this Problem.... but i asked Honda if trunks just go out... they said Yes.... WELL then what the **** is that Emergency Latch for? Please indulge me with your response of bs.... i cant wait to hear it... The Pics below are the damage i did just to get inside my trunk.... to attempt the Emergency Trunk Latch. Trunk is Still not open to this day!
The following users liked this post:
Old 04-21-2017, 06:07 AM
Trial User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: 2006 Honda Civic Si Emergency Trunk Latch Fails!

hello to all,
I have an issue with not being able to get into the trunk of my civic si and was wondering if anyone has a solution without tearing everything up
The following users liked this post:
Old 08-05-2019, 05:57 PM
Trial User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: 2006 Honda Civic Si Emergency Trunk Latch Fails!

exact same problem and exact same question i'm asking.. how is there no way to get into or out of the trunk without destroying the car to do it when the latch fails? isnlt that a safty issue? oh wait its only ok untill some one dies and then gets sewed after.... it is very dumb. I can not get my trunk open either. considering cutting the seat out .. or the trunk... i really don't need an aftermarket carbon fiber trunk... or a custom sub woofer set up in the back seats place right now.....